Golovkin and Sanchez Part Ways

Hoping he can fool people into thinking he's struggled in his last few because of Sanchez.

Hoping he can fool people into thinking he's struggled in his last few because of Sanchez.

There's obviously not a whole lot which is going to change about Golovkin at this point, but I think there is something to be said about him being a better fighter if he had chosen a different trainer years back. Hard to prove either way, of course, I just don't see much that Sanchez ever did to improve on his skillset or style.

There's obviously not a whole lot which is going to change about Golovkin at this point, but I think there is something to be said about him being a better fighter if he had chosen a different trainer years back. Hard to prove either way, of course, I just don't see much that Sanchez ever did to improve on his skillset or style.

Any trainers in particular you think would be a good fit at this point in time?

Any trainers in particular you think would be a good fit at this point in time?

At this point in time I don't think there is a ton that can be done to fundamentally improve him as a fighter. Learning how to fight on the inside would have been a massively beneficial thing for him to learn earlier in his career, but it's likely too late in the day for that. If I were to guess, I'd say that he might bring in a guy from the Kazakh system (or perhaps another Soviet-bloc schooled trainer), but that's not based on much.

I was extremely underwhelmed with the corner advice later in the second Canelo fight. He didn't offer much past "go to the body". He had no sense of urgency late in the fight when it was close.

Trainers of the level Sanchez thinks hes at have better game plans, expand more upon thier fighters skill set and are able to inspire thier guys to get it done.

Dont know how much if any GGG can improve as a fighter at 37 though. Wonder who he gets to run his camps now.

abel was always good to me and i enjoyed the few times i have been up to big bear. ggg was always cool too. i wonder if the dynamics of the gym will chnge now that he is gone. knowing abel a little, i doubt it. but it was very closed off with ggg there. ggg lived upstairs from the gym when he was there and not many people got to see him work. i was fortunate enough to a couple times. will be interesting to see where both go from here. abel now has lost 2 guys in a short amount of time (ggg and joe joyce). i guess that will give him more time to spend on his real passion of building houses

Yeah this happens, guy is older, needs to change something up w/ his routine to try to get around the fact he's a bit past it and doing the same old shit over and over. I get it. Golovkin kind of made Abel as popular as he is rn, but I also hope GGG didn't treat him like shit in negotiations, either. I always loved GGG in part due to his perceived classiness, hope he acted accordingly.

I'm guessing since he's LA area based, he ends up w/ Freddie or Robert Garcia would be a nice pairing too. #GGGoxnard.

Dang, I think it's better for GGG. Fighters are often used by other people but they are ones that risk everything everytime anyways.

I don't know Able and obviously never trained with him so I can't say if this is good or not but hopefully Golovkin has good reasons and it works out for him. Abel was annoying in interviews when taking about him though so I think that at least helps him a bit.

I'd say Robert Garcia would be a good fit for GGG.

There's not much you can teach a fighter that advanced in boxing age already anyway. Especially with G's extensive amateur pedigree. Dundee admittedly never taught Ali anything regarding technical boxing skills.

Abel Sanchez ruined Golovkin technically. But Golovkin probably wouldn't have been as famous or made as much money if he didn't fight the front foot heavy style that Abel demanded from him.

Back