Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread

Is this reasonable? or a slippery slope?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've literally used them all. A million times. Daily for decades plus.
So you would know the half face you posted has an exhalation valve that would allow droplet to escape. If everyone wore one, that wouldn’t matter. But that would be fantasy.

What happened to the Common Flu? are the media forgetting to mention that we are in a flu/cold season?
Over here they were banging on about it and they’ve been offering flu vaccines along with boosters. When I come across a reddit page, there’s often a promoted message from the government telling me that I can get my two year old vaccinated against the flu via a nasal spray. I haven’t heard much talk about the flu since omicron came onto the scene though.

I wonder if the negative vaccine efficacy seen in the Danish and Scottish studies has something to do with original antigenic sin. The phenomenom was originally observed when researchers noticed children had enhanced immunity for the rest of their lives to the very first strain of influenza they got exposed to during infancy as well as similar strains to that one, at the cost of lower immunity to more distant strains. The immune system gets triggered by a similar but not identical array of antigens (e.g., a new variant or a new influenza strain) and memory B cells release the same antibodies that worked on the virus they were first exposed to, but that are non-neutralizing for this more distant version. In other words being "imprinted" on a virus strain or variant by a previous exposure can sometimes prevent a better response because the old response takes over and prevents naive memory B cells from making new antibodies that specifically neutralize the new variant/strain. An alternate hypothesis is called antigenic seniority. In seniority, it's being repeatedly exposed to particular antigens that creates the "sin" rather than the very first exposure impriting. In other words if during your first years of life you were repeatedly exposed to strain A of influenza, that's what you defend best against, and you'll suck if exposed to a strain B. But it's the repeated exposure to A that does it; once isn't enough. It has interesting implications considering that through boosters we're literally repeatedly exposing people to antigens that are mismatched (i.e. non-neutralizing) for the actual circulating variant, and tying up naive memory B cells in preparing mismatched antibodies. Even if you update the next booster for the circulating variant, the immune system will likely continue just producing the response for the ancestral strain - it won't update readily. A few months back, some experts were hand-waving the concern and saying not to worry because the spike protein has little wiggle room to mutate. Lmao, and we know how that prediction turned out.

Holy fuck...move out of there NOW people
Whats even more freighting is what the health minster said. While she was already slurping her in speech. And what was that weird with the guy's movement there?

This is bonkers. No one is demanding such measures or polices anywhere.
Only they are.

Germany says a FOURTH Covid shot will be needed to tackle Omicron as new health minister throws his support behind vaccine mandate

Germany has warned a fourth Covid vaccine will be needed to stop the spread of the contagious Omicronvariant.

Health minister Karl Lauterbach, who has thrown his support behind a vaccine mandate, has ordered 80million doses of a Biontech vaccine which targets Omicron and should arrive in Germany by May.

He has also ordered 4million doses of the newly approved vaccine Novavax - seen as more acceptable to vaccine sceptics - and 11million doses of the new Valneva shot, which is waiting for marketing authorisation.

Lauterbach said that without a vaccine mandate, it would not be possible to manage coming waves of infection over the long term.

According to Lothar Wieler, president of Germany's Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases, Omicron will be responsible for most coronavirus infections in Germany within three weeks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10337035/Germany-says-FOURTH-Covid-shot-needed-tackle-Omicron-health-minister-backs-vaccine-mandate.html

The definition of insanity.

Nsw lasted 10 fucking days.

Masks indoors again
Check ins to more places.

What 10 days of freedom we had though.

@maximus__ hoping Vic doesn't start to get 5k like us but it's mostly around the corner.

Enjoy it.

Is that Australian poster on here still defending the Australian government? Or has he finally seen the light?

Is that Australian poster on here still defending the Australian government? Or has he finally seen the light?
Nah he's waking up to it all and is realising the BS.

We had 6288 cases today on Xmas with no deaths.
Vic has 2k cases with 6 deaths.

Dno how nsw is getting thousands of cases and maybe 1 death a day every so often.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back