Golden Era Of UFC Was Also A Golden Era of Pride, K1 and Boxing

Late 90s and early 2000s ufc had amazing talent??
I do wonder if this is the case. It seems people are more technical today but the personalities just aren’t there or something. I can not figure it out. Then again as we age we tend to mature and look for different things so I also am aware that the ufc might have great technique and great personalities and the problem is me. I feel like there were killers and now I feel like there are amazingly talented point fighters. Example in adesanya last fight. I feel like he did absolutely no damage. Like they made this higher number of significant strikes that did nothing that appeared at all significant. Maybe he damaged the leg. I don’t know. We’ve seen people attack legs and you have reaction to it. You wince just thinking about their opponent taking a leg kick. I don’t know. Maybe I like meathead wrestlers slamming people and using vicious looking can openers to pry open a guard. Oh shit. I might be a just bleed sherdogger.

Plenty of matches out there where Fedor defeats former UFC champions.
nothing speaks more to ufc talent in the late 90s and early 2000s than getting beat by fedor in the late 2000s and through the 2010s.....

We are not moving into a golden era because today's kids are weak as fuck. Best days are behind us. Tough guys are not being born anymore.

The fighters are weaker and the fans are more squeamish. I can't believe how many people start whining and crying about how traumatized they are because they saw a serious injury. It is pathetic.

You go to a thread after an injury and you see nonsense like:

"OMG! Did you see that injury? I can't even right now...Ugh! I feel so sick. Waaah!"

I 100% think this was due to no strict drug testing and lots of new effective peds being accessible .

Nah due to better investment in talent that the UFC monopoly has neglected in favour of maximising profit.

Its a golden age for Dana White's bank account right now anyway.

The “Golden Age” is yet to arrive. Don’t be such a close minded nostalgic worshipping clown, that you can’t appreciate what is happening today, or what might happen tomorrow.

Imagine speaking of a “Golden Era” in a sport not even 30 years old. Smdh.

200w.gif

The “Golden Age” is yet to arrive. Don’t be such a close minded nostalgic worshipping clown, that you can’t appreciate what is happening today, or what might happen tomorrow.

Imagine speaking of a “Golden Age” in a sport not even 30 years old. Smdh.

200w.gif

All I know is, I don't mind stealing bread from the mouth of decadence.

Usada is the problem. You used to be able to be mid 40s and still prime, but now you can’t.

Ufc peaked around 2009.
In the US for sure feels like that sometimes Still seems to be gaining globally (China, cough cough)... Now if you were new and saw that there were 3-4 UFC cards a month you'd assume this was the best time. Weird to think about.

That's false; they started marketing towards children after the Benoit murder suicide, which was six years after the Monday Night War ended.

For example, this took place post-Monday Night Wars:
tihftqr.gif

sable-gif-8.gif

tenor.gif

We are not moving into a golden era because today's kids are weak as fuck. Best days are behind us. Tough guys are not being born anymore.
As long as poor people and poor neighborhoods still exist, tough guys will be born.

Back