Golden Boy Promotions: Liddel vs Tito 3 Nov. 24th FULL Card

Idk what that means, but names mean more than anything. The biggest fights in MMA history, no matter which country they took place, all involved people wanting to see people they knew fight. Bob Sapp and Akebono, Pudzianowski, Kimbo Slice. The general public doesn't care about age or skill, they care about names. Half a million buys doesn't seem that outrageous considering the names involved, and is better than the standard amount of buys at this point. Those are two of the most well known fighters in the west, and this event will no doubt be promoted properly.
<Dany07> half a million in 2018 for this? Ease off the drugs. Even 250k seems like a real stretch.

Last edited:
Tom Gallicchio vs. Jason Manly (swing)

Added

• Liddell (30-8) will battle Tito Ortiz (19-12-1) in the third fight of their historic rivalry in the pay-per-view main event.
  • In the co-main event, Deron Winn (4-0) of Liberty City, Miss. will fight Tom Lawlor (10-6) of River Falls, Mass. in a light heavyweight bout.
  • Kenneth Bergh (4-1) of Norway will take on Jorge Gonzalez (14-4) of Mexico City, Mexico in a light heavyweight clash.
  • Gleison Tubau (29-14) of Coconut Creek, Florida and Efrain Escudero (28-13) of Tempe, Arizona will meet in a bout contracted at 160 pounds.
  • Walel Watson (13-11) of San Diego, Calif. will face Ricardo Palacios (10-1) of Mission, Texas in a bantamweight battle.
  • Jay Silva (10-9) of Huntington Beach, Calif. will face Oscar Cota (8-1) of Mexicali, Mexico in a heavyweight fight that will open the pay-per-view telecast.
The card will also feature several non-televised fights for fans at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif. to enjoy.

• Tom Gallicchio (19-10) of Toms River, N.J. will participate in a 165-pound fight against Jason Manly (5-0) of Orange County, Calif.
  • Alberto Morales (7-4-1) and James Barnes (10-3) will meet in a clash between two Los Angeles natives in the bantamweight division.
  • Jose Huerta (2-2) of Bell Gardens, Calif will take on Francisco Estrada of Fillmore, Calif. in what will be Estrada’s professional debut.
  • Fernie Garcia (5-0) of Dallas, Texas will return in a middleweight fight against an opponent that will be announced shortly.
  • Dave Terrell (7-8) of Las Vegas, Nevada will battle Johnny Cisneros (11-6) of Laguna Niguel, Calif.
  • Craig Wilkerson (7-4) of Newport Beach, Calif. will square off in a welterweight fight against Joshua Jones (7-3) of Long Beach, Calif.
  • Westin Wilson (6-3) of Irvine, Calif. will battle Leandro Gomes (3-2) of Huntington Beach, Calif. in a 140-pound battle.
https://www.mmaweekly.com/chuck-lid...-fight-card-released-by-golden-boy-promotions

PPV? $50? Nobody in their right mind would pay for this sideshow.

Filthy Tom Lawlor said he is making less as co-main on main card here than pre-lims on UFC

Filthy Tom Lawlor said he is making less as co-main on main card here than pre-lims on UFC
I am no boxing expert but this is the boxing way fight payments usually go right? The top guys get all the money. This is why I never understood when non draws fight to have the Ali Act in MMA. It just means the middle and little guys get paid even worse while the top guys make a ton more. Like a year ago Bob Arum was grooming a female boxer to be his Ronda and when I looked at her purse it was 2k.

I am no boxing expert but this is the boxing way fight payments usually go right? The top guys get all the money. This is why I never understood when non draws fight to have the Ali Act in MMA. It just means the middle and little guys get paid even worse while the top guys make a ton more. Like a year ago Bob Arum was grooming a female boxer to be his Ronda and when I looked at her purse it was 2k.

Yes its like Boxing, except the top of cards usually pay more & the prelims same or less (than UFC)
But part of what Oscar said (when starting) is that he would be paying better than UFC.
Tom said that is not the case & he is co-main

Personally, I don't think Golden Boy is long for promoting MMA anyway, but just giving info

I'm very surprised Bellator hasn't signed Lawlor though

Tough call man....I’ll say between 15-20k

Are they promoting this thing right? I mean its Golden Boy working with Chuck and Tito so it this does bad non-UFC *scratch that* non-Connor PPV may be on the way out (to be replaced with iPPV) sooner than I thought.

I might be pessimistic but I cant see this getting anything above 25K ppvs

De la hoya says ppv model is death after joining Dazn but he wants to charge $50 for this crap

Back