Golden Boy MMA: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3, 8PM ET Prelims, 9PM ET/6PM PT Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Damn he looked so slow even Tito seemed like a good striker.

WTF was up with security trying to interupt Tito's signature digging grave thing

I don't think anyone involved from Oscar on down knew anything about MMA.

I don't think anyone involved from Oscar on down knew anything about MMA.
and there are still people here saying Golden Boy MMA should be given a chance because Dana White is a scumbag

We need less scumbags in the sport not more of them, and Oscar DLH is one of the worst kinds of all. A former boxer

and there are still people here saying Golden Boy MMA should be given a chance because Dana White is a scumbag

We need less scumbags in the sport not more of them, and Oscar DLH is one of the worst kinds of all. A former boxer

What about a choice of scum bags? This whole narrative about people endorsing/apologists for Dana White and his crew because he's "our scum bag" makes me sick. I don't want him to be my scum bag, that's for damn sure. I was watching PRIDE before Zuffa-owned UFC. I'm not some Tuffer noob with misplaced loyalty to some pied piper of douche bags. Coker is probably the only promoter in MMA who doesn't give off a scum vibe, but for the most part the combat sports industry has always been and will always be run by dirt balls.

Something else to ponder....Who knows how involved Oscar was in this event? He could have been like Inoki in Japan and basically used as a figure head and/or bank rolled the majority of the event. If Golden Boy MMA is about giving headline fighters bigger pay days and the fans what they want, they have a lot of work ahead of them, as they have made a terrible first move, painting themselves into a corner they're likely not getting out of. Who would want to be associated with this company? The thing to do was to get some sort of streaming agreement with Amazon or DAZN instead of PPV for the Golden Boy MMA brand first. Was it that hard to get something down with DAZN after already having a deal with them for boxing? Was it a conflict with Bellator? Would putting it on Amazon have been a conflict with DAZN? Fite TV and PPV television broadcasts are just not gonna cut for some start-up hoping to make a splash. It will be interesting to see the numbers come out if they are disclosed.

Golden Boy MMA had headlines for all the wrong reasons after the event.

Maybe Mayweather Jr. will enter the picture in MMA as promoter and be the Oscar we need. The biggest talk in the last year has been Mayweather's association with Conor and now with Tenshin; this really shows the state of MMA and the fact their biggest headlines have been made by a boxer/promoter and not on its own merit. You can throw in Khabib/Conor, but Floyd has been in two of the three biggest stories.

I only watched that fight once, live when it happened, but the way I remember it is Matt yanking that arm as far as he could make it bend.
He knew Royce wasn’t going to tap and he didn’t want to break his arm. He was complete control.

3 of the 5 fights I watched ended in finishes, I thought it was pretty good. I mean not amazing, but decent for a first go.
oh right, finishes = competitive matchmaking to you

the card was awful whether you enjoyed it or not :)

Back