Golden Boy MMA 1 - worst event of recent times ?

I just looked it up. There was amateur bouts. So there you go. I think they did it cause amateurs can get alot of friends and family to buy tickets.
Yeah, I mean, I know that there were several amateur bouts, I just don't believe amateur fighters get paid. They do it simply to fight, they don't make any money for doing it. Unless that has changed. I remember Tito in the early UFCs not taking payment and fighting as an amateur bc he wouldn't be able to coach wrestling, or something like that. That was a long time ago, the rules be have changed and amateurs make a wage, but as far as I know they don't.

Fuck Golden Boy promotions, they had fighters on that card making fucking $2k lol, and Chuck made twice as much 10 years ago in his last UFC fight wtf?

edit: there's people that got $1250.00 lol wtf is this garbage.

How many people do you think bought this card? I don't think it made a lot of money at all, to be paying the undercard guys a lot of money. Let's face it...they add little value to the event.

How good are the guys that made $1250?
They are probably happy with that paycheck

Good production, decent competitors, better than expected fights.

Not a bad event but nothing like people are making it out to be either.

production was excellent. Course Golden Boy has a ton of experience doing it in boxing so I wasn't surprised. What is surprising to me is how many people were surprised at how good the production was. Do you not watch boxing people? These weren't first timers.

How many people do you think bought this card? I don't think it made a lot of money at all, to be paying the undercard guys a lot of money. Let's face it...they add little value to the event.

How good are the guys that made $1250?
They are probably happy with that paycheck

Cool story bro, let's see if their business model of having shit fighters and paying them nothing works out! I'm sure you're eagerly anticipating another Golden Boy mma promotion lol..

Bellator* 149 was worse.

FTFY.

How quickly some of you forget Kimbo vs Dada 5000. “Explosivity at its finest.” Only to be followed up by Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie with a combined age of 101 and the fight ending in a TKO to the balls.

Last edited:
Production was pretty good and the other fights were solid and competitive. The only thing that really held it back was the main event as it was sad to watch.

Back