Goldberg doesn't bother me as much as others, but I'm loving the Anik commentary.

MMA Fan 505**

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's a nice change of pace. Gives the broadcast a certain air of professionalism that I think UFC has needed recently.

Goldberg is great in a WWE sense, but not really in a traditional sports sense. It just depends on what you're in the mood for but I'm really liking what Anik is bringing so far on these prelims. He's not so much of a soundboard like Goldberg is, which was my biggest beef about Goldberg. It was like he was a robot and you press a few buttons to make him say the same things he always does.

I really think they should bring in a third man. A fighter would be the best option. The booth was in it's best shape when Randy was in there with Rogan and Goldberg. It gave the booth an added dimension that it's sorely lacked since he left.

Enjoy the professionalism of Anik over Goldberg, and it seems to be pulling out a bit more professionalism out of Rogan. First time in ages I haven't absolutely loathed the commentary.

I'm really liking what Anik is bringing so far on these prelims.

I really think they should bring in a third man.

You feel the need of a third man because the second one doesn't say one senseful thing per fight.

I like Anik. Maybe bring in a third guy like a fighter or ex fighter. Someone like Bas, Mir or even Chael.

Anik does a nice job, not sure why he gets the hate he does.

You feel the need of a third man because the second one doesn't say one senseful thing per fight.

Nope, that's not why. I just think a third man, i.e. an actual MMA fighter being in the booth brings an added dimension that really opens things up in the booth.

Enjoy the professionalism of Anik over Goldberg, and it seems to be pulling out a bit more professionalism out of Rogan. First time in ages I haven't absolutely loathed the commentary.

Yup, agree on all points.

I did not enjoy Anik with Florian, or maybe I did not like Florian with Florian. They sounds exactly the same.
Anik and Joe mix pretty well.

I do miss Goldberg

Anik, while relatively new to MMA commentating, does bring a new voice to the monotonous sideshow that is Rogan/Goldberg. Quite frankly, Rogan sounds more intelligent and articulates his MMA knowledge better with Anik than with the always predictable Goldie. It's a breath of fresh air to hear a different voice while watching the UFC. Anik allllmmooooost makes Buffer's annoying voice seem tolerable.

Nope, that's not why.

Come on, be honest.

You just hate Goldberg and you're glad he's not there. A mute dork is just enough to please you.

I agree that a fighter like Stann or Mir would be good though.

Anik does a nice job, not sure why he gets the hate he does.

It's because of his monotone-ish broadcast voice. I'm a flip-flop when it comes to him; I dislike his voice tone a bit, just because I feel it sounds a little too much like a cross between generic PBP & ring announcer (he makes me think of Rich Goins when he gets excited), but I can appreciate the more professional feel he brings to team.

It's a lot more professional but not as fun or exciting with Goldberg.

Anik is doing a good job tonight. I'd like Goldie/Anik, Rogan and Couture as the team for each event.

Anik tends to let the action go a bit more. Goldberg talks constantly which is unnecessary and can be annoying

Anik is much better...I'm glad to not have to hear constant Randy couture and Chuck Liddell references.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back