Gold Medalist Judoka Kayla Harrison on MMA future

gmr7494

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just saw an interview about winning her second gold medal in a row. Basically, the interviewer brought up Ronda (as expected) and MMA.

Her answer, and I'm paraphrasing: "I've gotten a lot of offers. I'll talk to the Pedros (her coaches). But i'll do what's best for me, and not just always follow in Ronda's footsteps."

The real GOAT U.S. female judoka has spoken! Not sure how she'd fit in the wmma scene since she competes at 170, but maybe a fight with Gabi?? Lulz

Poor Ronda. Joanna took the "baddest woman on the planet" from her and now Kayla Anderson might take the "best judoka in WMMA". lol

Saw that match earlier. Took gold by armbar. Her boxing can't be any worse than Ronda's.

Yeah, that armbar was dope as shit. Very slick and fluid

She finished all her matches iirc. You see that one chick that was from Germany or some shit that got gi choked til she turned blue?

Too bad she isn't 15 pounds lighter. There really isn't much of a place for women her size in MMA. Back to back golds is damn impressive!

tumblr_inline_mhu5ha7UAH1qz4rgp.gif

Depends on how well she can take a punch to the chin.
I was thinking the exact same thing...even though Honda's boxing still needs work, she can take more than a few punches right on the freak'n chin....well, then again, coming off the concussion of the decade, we'll see if she can take them like she used to.

She has to start right away with the MMA , she can easily bust out 3-4 wins in the bush leagues with straight Judo but that weight , she looks like she could take some off easy enough , but she is looking at 145 for sure . Does the Gold medalist get a free pass right to the UFC ?

She also said she trained in boxing after the 2012 Olympics. I'm pretty sure she's eventually going to announce an MMA debut. 145 is weak besides cyborg. She can probably walk in right now and beat those girls except Cyborg.

The Pedros need to bring in a full mma camp....boxers, kickboxers and wrestlers....she's only 26. She can cut down to 145. They can turn the GOAT US judoka into a wrecking machine. Would love to see her make the transition

She has to start right away with the MMA , she can easily bust out 3-4 wins in the bush leagues with straight Judo but that weight , she looks like she could take some off easy enough , but she is looking at 145 for sure . Does the Gold medalist get a free pass right to the UFC ?
Why wouldn't she get a free pass? They gifted rousey the belt before she even fought in the ufc, and she didn't even take gold!

Ah. Ronda's replacement. Now she can have babies with Travis, and retire for good.
Bye Ronda!!

The Pedros need to bring in a full mma camp....boxers, kickboxers and wrestlers....she's only 26. She can cut down to 145. They can turn the GOAT US judoka into a wrecking machine. Would love to see her make the transition
The way WMMA is she could be thrown in vs Cyborg first fight & if that shit hits the ground this girl has the advantage , arm baring bitches in the gold medal match WTF
Any gym would role out the red carpet , if she does it I would like to see her at a legit MMA gym like ATT AKA etc

Back