going vegan or vegetarian!!!

Franziska Feldl, Berthold Koletzko,Deutsches

Keep in mind, unless you raise your own cow from birth to death, you can rest assured that the you are eating at least these three things:

1. Growth hormone
2. Antibiotics
3. Sh!t

I don't get offended, I just chuckle.

If you want people to read 'Fast Food Nation', you should make sure to mention that the author is pretty tight with the anti-meat, anti-hunting Physicians Committee for Responsible Medecine. I'm just saying...

Read the book and you'll see why.

I'm not sure I get your point. From the very sub-title ("Do you want lies with that?") you know that it going to push a certain viewpoint and be from a certain bias.

Keep in mind, unless you raise your own cow from birth to death, you can rest assured that the you are eating at least these three things:

1. Growth hormone
2. Antibiotics
3. Sh!t

Vs. pesticides, fertilizers and e-coli on fruits and veggies? What's your point?

GH from cows = healthy. That's part of the reason beef and milk are great for muscle structure.

GH from cows = healthy. That's part of the reason beef and milk are great for muscle structure.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's healthy. Especially not for the cow, ha! Bovine Growth Hormone is pretty nasty stuff. But that's just reality in the industry. I'd rather inject HGH :- )

1. Growth hormone
2. Antibiotics
3. Sh!t

first i think you mean anabolics. secondly they throw just as much crap on plants.

Bovine Growth Hormone is pretty nasty stuff.

It's consistently used in Medical Treatment since the days of cadaver growth-hormone are fading. If memory serves me.

It's consistently used in Medical Treatment since the days of cadaver growth-hormone are fading. If memory serves me.
No question they use it. BGH supposedly can help produce insulin. We know why it's injected into cows - to produce more milk, etc. If I were to get GH therapy or just want some, I'd prefer to get HGH - ha! We know that stuff works.

One of the trainers at my gym get HGH therapy for his shoulder injury, and says it's the miracle treatment. From what he was saying, after you're 35 years old, you are able to get it. That's interesting.

first i think you mean anabolics. secondly they throw just as much crap on plants.

No i'm pretty sure he means antibiotics.

Cows are too lazy to be on steroids.

This working dog on the other hand...

doghulk.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=467985&in_page_id=1770

good discussion my conclusion has been damned if you do damned if you dont!, im going to eat a box of ho-hos

I just heard that Nick Diaz and Luke Cummo are vegetarians. Is this true?

I don't know much about Cummo, but Nick Diaz looks like a pretty strong athlete. I wonder why he doesn't eat meat? (if true.)

being a vegen is ok but there are certian protiens and much more that u get from eating meat that u cant get from veggies. just eat less meat and when u do eat meat, eat higher quality meat. Grill ur meat at home rather than eat it at Mc Donald's, there is a big difference in the two. Overall, meat is good for u as long as ur getting it from the right place. Stay away from fast food restaurants and get ur meat at a well known grocery store and prepare it fresh to ur liking.

Lol you really ask this question on this forum and expect intelligent responses???

Easy to transition to being vegetarian, but you're going to have to learn how to cook if you want to be a happy and healthy vegan.

I've been vegetarian since '97 and vegan since 2010. Our kids (12 and 16) have never had meat.

If you go vegan, I recommend that you get B12 shots appose to taking B12 capsules or tablets since the shot is more effective. I don't recommend that you go vegetarian simply because dairy can block or reduce the absorption of iron.

If you go vegan, I recommend that you get B12 shots appose to taking B12 capsules or tablets since the shot is more effective. I don't recommend that you go vegetarian simply because dairy can block or reduce the absorption of iron.

Beans have a much higher propensity for blocking iron, magnesium and a few other micros than dairy however.

Back