Going to watch 173 with the new girlfriend

Just DON'T overexplain shit. If she asks a question answer with a couple sentences and don't wax too poetic about things that don't matter.

For instance: "Who is that?"
Good Answer: "Dan Henderson. He is the oldest active fighter in the UFC. He has a wicked right hand that knocked people out."

Bad Answer: "That's Hendo! He's been around forever and he's pretty cool. But he kinda seems like a dick sometimes, but that's no big deal because really he's just oldschool. Oh man! this one time he knocked out Bisping. Michael Bisping is that pillow-handed British fighter who was all 'screw you hendo' and then KABOOM! H-Bomb! Let me pull up the video."

And don't expect her to love it or like it. Just enjoy it yourself and she'll enjoy you're enjoying it.

If there is a group of you there and other girls and alcohol, then she wI'll be fine. She may not enjoy it, and she may make a few negative remarks ,but don't take that as her not accepting it.

Why would you be afraid of a few fights not being a lot of fun? That's either extremely insecure to think that it reflects on you, or you think the girl is incredibly stupid and doesn't realize that the nature of sports sometimes makes for less exciting events.

Don't even stress it. Just relax and have a good time.

Why would you be afraid of a few fights not being a lot of fun? That's either extremely insecure to think that it reflects on you, or you think the girl is incredibly stupid and doesn't realize that the nature of sports sometimes makes for less exciting events.

His GF is a just bleeder, bro.

Well I think the main event will be a finishes so does the co main event

Jake V Robie also going to be good.
and Holdsworth is a guarantee sub win

and Njkoani also in the card

overall not such a bad card

That's just stupid

After watching Melendez vs Sanchez the group of girls we hang out with refuse to watch mma with us anymore. They were horrified by Diego

My wife loves watching MMA and follows TUF. She actually chose going to a live UFC fight over a Caribbean cruise a few years back.

My wife loves watching MMA and follows TUF. She actually chose going to a live UFC fight over a Caribbean cruise a few years back.

djYSn0xrpB.gif

Can this be true?

Why the fuck is this a thread?

Seriously cringe worthy.

First and foremost, make sure you have appletinis and dark chocolate on hand wherever you are watching the fights. That's non-negotiable.

Second, make sure you open all of the doors for her, sit down AFTER she sits, and remember to tell her how beautiful she looks when you pick her up.

Make sure to also not ignore her during the fights, to explain the action (especially the strategy of the "inaction" against the wall and in guard, as well as the importance if posturing) and encourage her to ask questions.

Do not wear your Affliction gear either; a nice collared button down with slacks will show her that while you may be watching MMA, you still have time to be a gentleman.

Finally, do not post on Sherdog during the fights. In fact, put your phone away completely and simply hold her hand.

You'll do fine, TS - I believe in you.

OMFG for people liking such a violent sport you are a bunch of insecurity bitches.

A woman is a woman. I actually get annoyed when the wife sits and watch because she will say some dumb shit. It's better to have her in the kitchen fixing pollo con arroz y frijoles.

Learn to cook bro.

stop being a beta nerd you like what you like is normal

My girl knows Sunday is fight day, she is welcome to come over. Sometimes she watches but usually just watches a series or a movie. She gets to choose, tv or laptop. We get along on fight day as long as she doesn't bother me

How horrendously bad could this go? Honestly I'm nervous. She's never watched or even really knows what mma is. Turning to that Saturday after the blackhawks game ends.

If this ends one of two ways it'll suck. I think we'll only catch the main 3 fights, but if one of them turns into a Lauzon or Bigfootesque bloodbath I don't even know what I'd say. If those three fights go to boring ass decisions it would be pretty lame as well for her view of me.

Just depseratly hoping for like 2 finishes and a decent decision. Get a quick ko where the ref doesn't have a late stoppage and then maybe a submission would be beautiful.

Anyone else get nervous about watch UFC with women who don't train? Just don't want her to think I'm an animal or overcompensating if you know what I mean

Why didn't you post this in the Dating & Relationship Forum?

Back