Going to Tahiti/New Zealand

NZ is really best for people who are into the outdoors. Imo best spots are Kaimai Forrest Park, Tongariro Crossing and Te Uruwera National park. Just don't be a dumbass and go prepared.

Where, and what is that, and why?

I'm assuming he is taking the piss unless you want to hear some endearing southland accents. If your passing through Palmerston North, I'm always up to hit the town.

i guess you're in tahiti now. just my opinion, but i wouldn't bother driving all the way from auckland to christchurch.

i'd rent a car in auckland and hang out in that general area for awhile. there's a shit-ton to do in auckland itself, but you can easily base yourself out of there and check out raglan, taupo, rotorua, mt maunganui, northland, etc. i love the bay of plenty region and would recommend staying in mt maunganui for a few nights.

when you've had your fill of that, fly to christchurch (costs fuck all) and rent a camper van *there*. drive up through arthur's pass, the franz josef & fox glaciers, aoraki / mount cook, and make your way to queenstown. stay for as many nights as you want, wherever you want, along that route. the scenery is fantastic and there will be lots of fun people doing the same thing you are along the way.

from there, you can keep going in the van, or just fly somewhere else directly from queenstown if you like. flights within the country are cheap-as (get used to hearing that phrase) so it's really easy to get around.

(love, a fellow canuck in auckland)

don't tell anyone you're Kanadian

Tahiti is more tropical like Hawaii, Fiji, etc. It's a good place to go and chill out on the beach. New Zealand has more temperate weather and topography, but is more developed and has natural beauty in its own right. So it really depends on what you're looking for.

I'd stay 2 months in Tahiti & ditch going to NZ.

Yes. But really, cash in the whole package for 2 weeks in a premium (all the way out in the lagoon), over-water bungalo, on the motu of Bora Bora. Take a hot hot lady there. Do NOT take drugs which would effect your memory of this lifetime achievement.

Back