Going to see Crash Test Dummies this weekend with my kids.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
They are playing 'and god shuffled his feet' in its entirety, and hopefully this-

Anybody here ever get past mmm mmm mmm and listen to this band? His voice is odd, and can be off-putting, but once you get used to it, it's a non-issue. There are 6-7 better songs than mmm on the album they are playing.

Would you go to this?

Last edited:
Nothing against the band, just not a fan. But going to a concert with offspring rules. Mine are still pretty young but we catch the occasional children's theatre performances and such and it's the best.

Nothing against the band, just not a fan. But going to a concert with offspring rules. Mine are still pretty young but we catch the occasional children's theatre performances and such and it's the best.

Most people don't like them.. But at the same time, most people don't know a lot of their stuff. It's definitely different. Canadian people my age and a little older know them, because they're other tracks got play there, and they are Canadian. We get Canadian stations here, because I'm only 20 miles away or so, and that's how I heard songs from them I actually liked. Mmm would have never led me to like them whatsoever.

Edit: offspring are cool, but they were like a radio band in the mid 90s. Some of their later stuff that didn't get a lot of radio play had stronger hooks, and I like it now. But nobody I knew listened to offspring, besides the radio, in the 90s.

I was actually referring to my kids, not the band Offspring.
To make things a bit more confusing, The Kids were also a great band.

To your point, the same goes for Extreme. Great band mostly remembered for the one big hit (More than words) but actually put out superb albums.

I was actually referring to my kids, not the band Offspring.
To make things a bit more confusing, The Kids were also a great band.

To your point, the same goes for Extreme. Great band mostly remembered for the one big hit (More than words) but actually put out superb albums.

Yeah, when using words like that, I guess you gotta keep em separated. Then I'd already know.

They were great. Was 15-20 feet away. The lady in the band sounded great in her solo songs, but didn't sound great on a lot of her backup on the classics.

Lead singer is really funny and was talking to the crowd.. Told us he had a vasectomy lol. I booed Ellen (I think that's her name) for saying she was an angry woman and asking if there were other angry women in the crowd; she was like "Boo? What do ya mean boo? I'm an angry woman but I'm awesome!" I'm pretty sure she liked me, tbh.

Small(ish) venue and cool band.

Don't you have five or six kids? Do you have to save up for a year to take them all out?

61tL0acB5IL._SX355_.jpg

Bought this when I was 15.

<{MindBrown}>

61tL0acB5IL._SX355_.jpg

Bought this when I was 15.

<{MindBrown}>

It's the 25th anniversary, and they played the whole album. Well, they didn't play the last song, which was a great piano outro.. I was kind of annoyed by that. They have a great guitarist, can't remember his name, and they did afternoons and coffeespoons with only an acoustic guitar. He actually pulled it off, because he's good, but I still would have liked the whole band. The bass line is a big part of that song as well. The only person not there was the goofy harmonica player, so maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Don't you have five or six kids? Do you have to save up for a year to take them all out?

Was fairly affordable. Spent maybe 300 on the whole evening. Free parking and Coney for dinner lol

Wow, I'm just amazed CTD are still around.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm just amazing CTD are still around.
The woman is making new music, and it sounds better than what's on the radio.. But I don't think they are making new stuff, just a good living with 90s nostalgia.

The show I was at was great, because everybody sang along lol. There were quite a few Canadians there, as well, as they are a canadian. The band had a good time, and was very interactive. Lead singer is pretty old, but he sounds good, if he ever did.

300? Yikes. To each their own man. As long as you and the kids had fun.
That's cheap for a half day with everybody. I was including gas. There was 6 of us. Maybe 275. That's dinner and a couple drinks, as well.

I had no idea this was a band, and thought you were referring to actual Crash Test Dummies, in a simulated car wreck. lol

Either of those options sounds fun.

Back