Going to Marcelo's

FatherSauce

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I found out that my wife planned a trip to New York so I can go to Marcelo's. Unfortunately, with little kids and such, I can only be there a short time. I'm arriving on a Sunday afternoon and leaving on Tuesday so basically just training on Monday. Any tips or suggestions on which classes I should attend?

From what I remember Marcelo usually teaches the 12:30 PM class and the 7:00 PM class. I recommend you get there at least 30 minutes early. You will need to sign a wavier and pay a visitors fee before you can go change. I think they charge $40 for a day pass. Everyone is very friendly there and you'll have a great time. The locker room is small and it might take awhile before you can get in there after class.

sounds like a keeper. you should marry your wife

Several years ago my wife had a business trip to NY so I tagged along. I dropped by Marcelo's, the location before it flooded and moved. I had a jacked up shoulder so I couldn't train. However I watched him teach a noon class. Only had about 8 people(wouldn't count on that now). I met him and talked for a second. It was like meeting a Beatle, not Ringo, but more like John or Paul.

Marcelo teaches the 1230 and 8 pm classes on Monday. You need to be a purple belt (or up) to take the 8 pm class. If you're not, I suggest taking the 7 pm Class taught by Paul Schreiner. He's fantastic.

Marcelo teaches the 1230 and 8 pm classes on Monday. You need to be a purple belt (or up) to take the 8 pm class. If you're not, I suggest taking the 7 pm Class taught by Paul Schreiner. He's fantastic.

Sweet. I was definitely planning on going to the 1230 and 8pm class. I was thinking about doing the 7pm as well and a part of me is considering the morning class but I'm worried about my ability to perform that much in a day.

Have a great trip; everyone (myself included) says that it's a great place to visit

lol you know he's already married to her? Hence, "wife"
joke_zpsqaysawh7.png

Back