Going to fairtex bangplee! Anyone been?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Ron Powell Jr, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Going this winter, since the girlfriend might be coming and i'm only gonna stay a really short time (3 1/2 weeks or so) i figure i'd spring for the fancier Muay Thai camp with the extra activities so she wont get bored.

I heard it's fairly crowded, but the instruction is top notch and the accommodations are very posh depending on what you can afford.

If it was just me alone and if i stayed for more than a month, i'd probably have went somewhere cheaper and more camp-like (sinbi, kaewsamrit, keatkhamtorn etc) and actually tried to get a fight, but this should be a nice "training vacation"

Here's all the prices and features:
    Fairtex Muay Thai Training Camp in Bangplee, Samutprakarn, Thailand

Anyone else been there?

2. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Your avatar still haunts me.

I'm reading "A Fighters Heart" and the Bangplee gym is actually where he went a few years back. He seems to have thoroughly enjoyed it, learned a lot, and was surrounded by some friendly champs. His description was so good I actually have been researching gyms in Thailand this past weekend.

Everyone seems to say Fairtex Bangplee is a resort as there's more distractions and it's more expensive (I think almost double what most other gyms in Thailand cost).

Regardless, keep us--or at least me-- updated. I'll PM you my email because Fairtex Bangplee is thus far my top choice.

3. I've been told Fairtex Pattaya is the one you gotta watch out for with all the distractions.

Cool man, i read that book too now that i think of it, he trained in fairtex back before it turned into a resort, i remember him mentioning he had to sleep with all of his gym mates with in a room with no ventilation.

4. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

What they mean by distractions? Like night life tempting people? Or actual disctractions while training? Because the former will be easy to avoid. But do people shine mirrors into the ring to distract you? That would be a legit distraction.

5. Yeah probably the nightlife since it is pattaya.

But now that i'm looking at this site, i might consider going to Pattaya fairtex, they have alot of other activities.

FAIRTEX : Sports & Racquet Club

Not sure though, we'll see.

6. ULLMONKEY

ULLMONKEY Yellow Belt

anybody know how long it takes from the airport to the camp?

i should know, but ive just forgot

7. Payak

Payak Brown Belt Professional Fighter

fairtex pattaya has good training for the resident fighters like yodsenklai who live there, but not good for visitor,training is to easy.
    pattaya is to much fun and temptation for farang, stay away.
    go to fairtex bang pli, training is as hard as you want it to be, one one one and more serious then pattaya camp.
    bang pli is a very good camp, you get out what you put in.

8. Thanks for the feedback Payak, i'm glad you posted in this thread because you always know what's up.

9. loyal2thegame

loyal2thegame White Belt

It's expensive but the training is pretty good. I only trained there for two days. Nothing to really do in the area outside of training.