Going to college in your 30

Not a big deal. Unless you tell people you age, you’ll probably look the same as everyone else

• Don't make eye contact with any female students unless you want to be arrested for ocular rape.
  • Always observe the safe space rules.
  • Memorize all the different gender identities.
  • Check your privilege before speaking up in class.
  • Get a Che Guevara shirt.
  • Embrace Marxism

Me and my wife are planning to move to Canada, and i need to go in college there. Isn't it awkward to go into class with kids in their 18-20? I have no idea what young people are into today. I watched Community show and can relate to Pierce a lot. Does anyone have a similar experience? What should i expect?
In one of my classes there was a freaking Baby Boomer with hair white as snow and she gave no fucks. I also remember this older, middle aged contractor type in another class. He and I were the two students most likely to stand up to the professor's questioning and sometimes we'd even back each other up.

It'll be weird at first for sure but if you don't try to stand out your age will likely go unnoticed and even if noticed it'll likely only work to your advantage. For instance, you might be closer in age to the professor. One of my language professors was really chummy with an older lawyer who was a student in the class.

Welcome to Canada.

Not when I was in University (early 20's). I saw, became friends, etc with many people in their 30's, 40's, even 50's. Anyone that was 19/20 and aged like some high school'er got shunned. I banged some seriously fun milfs that I met when in University (shout out to 'April', aka Miss Cucumber).

That being said, University campuses now a days are full of fucking idiots. This is where I agree with Jordan Peterson, 100%. I'm sure you'll still be accepted fine, you'll just have to deal with endless amounts of triggered, finger snapping, whiny little bitches.
Is it true that Canadian culture is similar to US? I learn about American culture mostly from Sherdog and TV shows. Which Canadian TV shows you would recommend? I know one about that police guy and his dog, but seems like it's outdated badly

This. I recently just finished my masters in business (I'm 37) and quite a few in the course were straight out of undergrad, a lot of them were useless fucks that's for sure. Find someone who's a good partner for group assignments and stick to them like glue, they used to encourage us to mix up the groups but fuck that, too many dumb cunts.
I hope there will be another older guy

Are you going to college or university? Have you applied to schools? I went at 32 and it was great. Different situation though. My sister had recently passed, I had just gotten out of a shitty long term relationship, and I needed to sow my oats. The younger students loved me. I could party and still hit straight A's. I had a lot of fun, it was what I needed at the time. I didn't try to hide my age, was honest up front. Don't worry about what's cool or in style, they'll give you a pass because you are older, not make things harder on you. Canada has some similarities to the US, but we definitely have a lot of differences as well. Welcome to Canada.

Is it true that Canadian culture is similar to US? I learn about American culture mostly from Sherdog and TV shows. Which Canadian TV shows you would recommend? I know one about that police guy and his dog, but seems like it's outdated badly

I'm not gonna lie...I don't watch many Canadian shows. Trailer Park Boys, that's a good one. You'll find Canadians pretty mellow, in general.

If you need a place to stay, hit up @Zer He can show you a good time in Rad Deer.

In one of my classes there was a freaking Baby Boomer with hair white as snow and she gave no fucks. I also remember this older, middle aged contractor type in another class. He and I were the two students most likely to stand up to the professor's questioning and sometimes we'd even back each other up.

It'll be weird at first for sure but if you don't try to stand out your age will likely go unnoticed and even if noticed it'll likely only work to your advantage. For instance, you might be closer in age to the professor. One of my language professors was really chummy with an older lawyer who was a student in the class.
I'm definitely going to hide my age as long as i can

it's definitely gonna be hard to relate with peeps 10 years younger than you. are you going to a community college or a university?

Me and my wife are planning to move to Canada, and i need to go in college there. Isn't it awkward to go into class with kids in their 18-20? I have no idea what young people are into today. I watched Community show and can relate to Pierce a lot. Does anyone have a similar experience? What should i expect?

im 31, and just started. I take my classes online because i have no intentions of dealing with all that shit

this sentence makes it sound like you had a countdown clock in the room before engaging in a sex act with her =)

It was hard not to request nudes when we first started talking. She was thick, and some would say fat, but she was pretty and felt great.

I went to grad school at 32. It wasn't that awkward. There was even one person older than I in my program. Just throw out a few "whippersnappers" and "back in my day..." and you'll be okay.

I know it's a little different but I didn't start college until 22. Went to Community College for 2 years and now I'm going to a university at 24. The CC had a ton of diversity in terms of age. There were plenty of people older than me there, plenty younger as well.

At the University even though there's a ton more students, I see mostly younger people. But it's not like that matters. Just go to handle your business. If anyone pops off about your age don't sweat it. There's nothing wrong with bettering yourself. No matter your age.

A lot of people go back to school in their 30s, including undergrad. It's no big deal. Stay focused and get it done. One of my good friends wife did it part time to be a nurse. She had to start pretty much from scratch and it felt like it took forever, but she is finally done with it all. Now she is a critical care RN. I think she plans to go back to school again and try to be a Midwife or a NP. My colleague decided to stop working and went to school FT to also be a NP. Since he is not a RN to begin with he had to do an accelerated 1-year BSN program. Now he is in the DNP program that will take another 3 years. My brother-in-law is in his low 30s finishing up his undergrad in electrical/computer engineer.

In all honesty if I didn't have kids and would not have any financian burden doing so, I would be very excited to go back to college on campus. I would choose med school though.

At this point I just need a job.

I don't feel I need any more education.

Soon hitting 31.

Back