Going over the UFC Hall of Fame: Who would you add/drop?

Obviously many people think the HOF is a joke. So who would you add and who would you drop?

I'm not including the fight wing.

This is the HOF currently...

Pioneer wing:

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Randy Couture
Mark Coleman
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz
Pat Miletich
Bas Rutten
Big Nog
Don Frye
Maurice Smith
Kazushi Sakuraba
Matt Serra
Rich Franklin
Kevin Randleman

Modern era wing:

Forrest Griffin
BJ Penn
Urijah Faber
Ronda Rousey
Michael Bisping
Rashad Evans
Georges St. Pierre

Contributors:

Mask Lewis
Jeff Blatnik
Bob Meyrowitz
Joe Silva
Bruce Connal
Art Davie
Marc Ratner

I would drop Mask. I'm iffy on Serra and Faber, I'd probably drop those two.

I'll add Frank Shamrock, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Fertitta bros, Shogun, Wanderlei, Hendo, Rampage, Dana and Rogan.
Woah, drop Mask? That's fucking hardcore. I agree with your adds tho. I wish Mirko had done a bit better in the UFC and I'd probably want him in there too.

They at least like to give respect to some of those that have passed and that is cool with me. The UFC Hall of Fame can be it's own thing, MMA has a weird history already and it should be celebrated - Don't know that I'd drop anyone

Pioneer: Add Mark Kerr

Modern: Add Dominick Cruz

Contributors: Add Ariel Helwani <{1-16}>

Yeah but Sakuraba didn't tell DW & the UFC to go Fnck themselves. Frank doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plays well with others and we know how DW reacts to anyone who tries to alpha him.
You just explained why it's not a legitimate hall of fame.

I don't see much reason for Rashad being in there. If he is in the HOF then basically every Champion should be in the HOF. Not a knock on him, he was a good fighter. If he's in there then Rampage should be, Lawler, Machida, Tim Sylvia, Weidman/Rockhold etc. If Bisping / Rashad is the barometer then:
- Aldo
- Connor
- Kabib
- Anderson
- Sylvia
- JDS
- Cain
- DC
- Jones
- Machida
- Werdum
- Brock (yup)
- Holloway
- Edgar
- Joanna
- Rose
- Holm
- Nunes
- Schevchenko
- Ngannou
- Miocic
- Adesanya
- CCC
- DJ
- Cruz
- Dillashaw
- Weidman
- Lawler
- Woodley
- Usman

They should all be in the HOF. That's not the worst list ever and it equals like 4/year similar to other sports. WMMA should be its own deal though.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with most of the above making the HOF. I don't really think Lawler, Weidman, Nunes, Holm, Sylvia, Werdum, Brock should make it based on quality of opposition, but if it is just wins/losses/longevity/belts they all basically are as good or better, objectively, as Bisping/Evans.

UFC picks who they like. Bisping/Evans both became commentators, they are basically just guys Dana likes and therefore promoted.

I think Matt Brown should be on there

Interesting choice.

What's your reasoning for him to be added?

Robbie Lawler should definitely be there as well, imo. He's a Matt Brown just bleed fighter that actually held the UFC belt.

Because real HOF actually have criteria that you have to meet to get inducted into them. For the Rock and Roll HOF for instance. You had to have released a song 25 years prior to induction. In the NFL HOF you have to be retired for 5 years. Then you must be nominated, then pass 3 different votes, and finally be voted in by 80% of the voting members.

I could go on or you could look it all up. The UFC HOF is no more than an employee of the month thing. There is no criteria. There is no voting process. It’s just whomever they feel like putting in there. For instance.. individual fights. I’m not saying they don’t necessarily belong. But, it’s the least legit HOF I’ve ever heard of.

I definitely get where you're coming from, but the rock and roll hall of fame became a joke to me when NWA, Tupac and Jay Z are in there.

I definitely get where you're coming from, but the rock and roll hall of fame became a joke to me when NWA, Tupac and Jay Z are in there.
They met the criteria and were voted in. Perhaps it should now be called the Music HOF. Because the shit you just listed is certainly not R&R.

Reactions: TCE
No clue why Mask consistently gets shit on for the HoF -- I get it, non-fighter bla bla.... He started in like '97 when in the US you had almost nothing and helped associate fights and tapout. So agree to disagree.... I guess I can see it either way.

'll add Frank Shamrock, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Fertitta bros, Shogun, Wanderlei, Hendo, Rampage, Dana and Rogan.

Add Buffer to the list.

Why is Faber HOF?

He lost half his UFC fights, lost all his title fights, and got beat by just about every good fighter he faced.

Matt Serra, Rashad Evans, Bisping, and Forrest all won TUF AND UFC GOLD
They all deserve to be in HOF

Amazed that Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo and Mighty Mouse isnt in there... hmmm insert <Tyron Woodley GIF>

There's no point in trying to rationalize the UFC HOF. It should be voted on by an independent panel instead of Dana and his feelings.

Serra's upset of GSP was hall of fame worthy. Also he gave alot to the UFC,as a coach he was a key figure in other hall of fame worthy moments.

There's no point in trying to rationalize the UFC HOF. It should be voted on by an independent panel instead of Dana and his feelings.
I WOULD like to see an independent one with stricter criteria. Absolutley.

No Hall of fame is perfect though. Sometimes the IBHOF will put guys in because they dont have enough eligible persons for that particular year.

You just explained why it's not a legitimate hall of fame.
Its not the MMA hall of fame. Its the UFC hall of fame. The Hockey Hall of Fame has Vladislav Tretiak in it but you wouldn't expect if the NHL had its own hall of fame that they would put KHL players in it. Its just a promotional tool, same as belts. The UFC has no prospects of ever doing business with Frank Shamrock ever again so I get why he isn't in.

He also only had 5 UFC fights and 30 more elsewhere.

I don't know why people have a problem with Mask. Yes, Tapout clothing was niche and terrible, but Mask helped put a lot of eyes on the sport when it began to grow. Even if no one wants to admit wearing it, look back at older fights and see the sea of Tapout shirts. Mask deserves his spot. Probably could even make an argument Skyscrape and the other guy could be added.

Interesting choice.

What's your reasoning for him to be added?

Robbie Lawler should definitely be there as well, imo. He's a Matt Brown just bleed fighter that actually held the UFC belt.
TWENTY EIGHT fights in the ufc, 6 decisions
Has all kinds of wins Tko,ko and lots of submission wins
Almost one of the fighters that went from TUF to UFC champion(actually nvm he was overweight for the title eliminator)

Reactions: TCE
Obviously many people think the HOF is a joke. So who would you add and who would you drop?

I'm not including the fight wing.

This is the HOF currently...

Pioneer wing:

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Randy Couture
Mark Coleman
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz
Pat Miletich
Bas Rutten
Big Nog
Don Frye
Maurice Smith
Kazushi Sakuraba
Matt Serra
Rich Franklin
Kevin Randleman

Modern era wing:

Forrest Griffin
BJ Penn
Urijah Faber
Ronda Rousey
Michael Bisping
Rashad Evans
Georges St. Pierre

Contributors:

Mask Lewis
Jeff Blatnik
Bob Meyrowitz
Joe Silva
Bruce Connal
Art Davie
Marc Ratner

I would drop Mask. I'm iffy on Serra and Faber, I'd probably drop those two.

I'll add Frank Shamrock, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Fertitta bros, Shogun, Wanderlei, Hendo, Rampage, Dana and Rogan.
get rid of Joe Silva.
He is a vile little vindictive man, even Dana said words to that effect. Never heard anything nice about Joe Silva to be real.

Add:
Frank shamrock
Shogun
Khabib
Anderson Silva
Jacare.

Remove:
None because they all deserve to be there.

Back