Gohkan Saki returns to kickboxing with an impressive victory over McSweeney (video inside)

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
Aways been a Saki supporter, win or lose, his fighting style is visually enticing to me.

Here is the vid, enjoy the leg kick setups , like chopping down trees, tiiiiimbeeeer!

They call him the rebel for a reason. The biggest heart in all of fighting. Started his career as a lw and just wanted to hang around with the big bois. Always giving up reach, weight and height advantages but still fighting his way to GOATness. One of the greatest hw Kickboxers of all time. The turkish tyson

I am so happy that he came back to Glory after all these years. After he was robbed in a match against Rico in 2012 if I recall, he quit Glory in flames. However, he came back. I was a little bit afraid that he will get in trouble with McSweeney. We have seen no insane quick Saki combos...I wonder why. Maybe his arms are not recovered fully after all the surgeries. I see no other reason for adopting that strategy. I hope to see him soon in the ring.

Mcsweeney just came in with the wrong game plan. He just didn't let his techniques do the work. Good on saki to go to leg kicks more than boxing and picked his shots wisely.

Mcsweeney just came in with the wrong game plan. He just didn't let his techniques do the work. Good on saki to go to leg kicks more than boxing and picked his shots wisely.
Bro... Not to bag on McSweeney, I'm glad they gave him a shot and hope they bring him back, but it doesn't matter what game plan he came with he's not winning that fight.

to be fair, Saki looked terrible on that fight, for me, he is done against high level competition...

to be fair, Saki looked terrible on that fight, for me, he is done against high level competition...
Perhaps but id wait til the next fight to determine that

In what way? He certainly didn't look like a Rico killer, but that fight was 1000% dominance by Saki, I didn't really see any issues with him specifically, let alone think he looked terrible.

In what way? He certainly didn't look like a Rico killer, but that fight was 1000% dominance by Saki, I didn't really see any issues with him specifically, let alone think he looked terrible.
Agree with this and especially for a 5 year hiatus from kickboxing it looked damn good.

the way he fought without exposing himself into throwing punches and keep the distance and the damages with lowkicks made him look just up to win and not to destroy somebody like he used to.... At least some combinations to the body he could´ve thrown,BTW he is old and from a big layoff, but even with all these factors, his return to kickboxing made me expect more before the fight

the way he fought without exposing himself into throwing punches and keep the distance and the damages with lowkicks made him look just up to win and not to destroy somebody like he used to.... At least some combinations to the body he could´ve thrown,BTW he is old and from a big layoff, but even with all these factors, his return to kickboxing made me expect more before the fight
Seemed like he was throwing plenty of punches and was even throwing up headkicks before he realized McSweeny was vulnerable to kicks to the rear leg, so he focused there as he should. Got out of there without taking any damage and with a finish. Ya, it wasn't a Ghita Ultra Combo fight but I wouldn't say he looked terrible. Better than I thought he would.

Seemed like he was throwing plenty of punches and was even throwing up headkicks before he realized McSweeny was vulnerable to kicks to the rear leg, so he focused there as he should. Got out of there without taking any damage and with a finish. Ya, it wasn't a Ghita Ultra Combo fight but I wouldn't say he looked terrible. Better than I thought he would.
I think what he wants 2 see is Saki performing a killer instinct combo on an opponent

He took that fight on 2 week notice after a very long layoff. Considering those factors, as well as carrying a lot of extra weight, I think he looked pretty damn good and fought with a lot of control and precision.

I was ringside for the Rico fight in 2012. Rico was very new at the time and Saki was dumbfounded and furious afterwards.

We were all drinking and eating at the hotel bar/restaurant later that night with a bunch of the other guys when the referee Chris walked in chatting with the other officials. Saki jumped over the table and Cor Hemmers and a few others grabbed him and had to body lock restrain him from attacking the ref.

The ref had ruled a push down a knockdown causes Saki to lose. Saki legit jumped from the floor over a pretty decent size table and didn't spill any of the drinks or plates.

He was fuming. The ref tried to apologize but was encouraged to leave and luckily did, lol.

Ps: I used to be really cool

They call him the rebel for a reason. The biggest heart in all of fighting. Started his career as a lw and just wanted to hang around with the big bois. Always giving up reach, weight and height advantages but still fighting his way to GOATness. One of the greatest hw Kickboxers of all time. The turkish tyson
Is there any video of LW Saki? Guy must have been a bean pole.

Back