PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

I honestly don't get the hype for this game. The story is pretty predictable, the graphics are nice but is that it? Combat is okay but can get repetitive quick.

-Great action with a lot of RPG style upgrades
-Movie quality cut scenes and QTE events
-Incredible story telling between Kratos and his son throughout the game that builds organically
-Top notch visuals/animations

I don't need much more than that

As someone who couldn't get into the first arc of GoW, I must say that I got some goosebumps when I went back to the house and picked up his old weapons. This games story telling and ability to bring the feels is really top notch.

My buddy had just starting playing this game a few months ago and we were talking about it. I had finished it already and he was lamenting on how he misses the old weapons and without missing a beat I was like "yeah but his new weapons has some really cool upgrades. just keep on playing and you'll see how powerful they get"... he was so surprised when he got back to the house...

I just met sindri. I have a long way to go.
The random stuff he and 'another' say had me cracking up at times. Everyone will grow on you in their own way, lol. Enjoy.

The random stuff he and 'another' say had me cracking up at times. Everyone will grow on you in their own way, lol. Enjoy.

This is my first GOW experience. Really enjoying it. Actually got the PS4 for this game and Uncharted(played these on PS3)..

I had to resist the urge to hate it at first. "An axe? The fuck? And this little shit is following me around?".

It's a great game.

I have been just playing a little bit at a time for a while and just cut off mimirs head. Feels like I have a lot of hours in but my levels are like 2-3. How far through the main story am I? Seems like I have a ways to go. Surprisingly long campaign for a game like this. Used to like 10 hour tops.

I have been just playing a little bit at a time for a while and just cut off mimirs head. Feels like I have a lot of hours in but my levels are like 2-3. How far through the main story am I? Seems like I have a ways to go. Surprisingly long campaign for a game like this. Used to like 10 hour tops.
You still have what I (and many) reckon is the turning point in the game where you get absolutely hellbent on arts avenge, attack, annihilate. It's top, mate, and makes an afterthought of all before.

You have 2-3 big areas still to traverse as well as a plot twist before giving your wife her farewell but it's hard to figure; I'd wager you're around the halfway mark. The way the story unfolds, I believe I remember where you're at and how it seems like both summit and journey's end are just around the corner.

They're not. :p

You no doubt have labours and challenges notwithstanding so there's tonnes still to mind. Don't invest too much time in your armour and enchantment game until a bit later. Just mix and match vagabond-like with what you're able to loot for now. The final stretch can be as short or long as you want it to be; you're good and will have time to make Kratos your own before all is said and done.

Christopher Judge won for best character as Kratos at the DICE awards. I think dude was hammered, he rambled for a good 10 minutes during his acceptance speech.

Cleaned house and won Game of the Year at DICE. Such an incredible game. I’ll have to play through it again soon.

The sequel can’t come soon enough.

Rundown of their wins:
  • Game of the Year
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Character (Kratos)
  • Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
  • Outstanding Achievement in Story
  • Adventure Game of the Year

Rundown of their wins:
  • Game of the Year
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Character (Kratos)
  • Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
  • Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
  • Outstanding Achievement in Story
  • Adventure Game of the Year
It was my pick for GOTY, 2018 had some great games.

Thanks for the updates, Diz.

I was two trophies shy of Platinum'ing this back when but at the time, revisiting virtually everywhere to snuff out Odin's ravens seemed such a chore. Hell, it still does – but maybe enough time has passed to give a go… If I remember right, there was also an armour set I never got my hands on but that should be easy enough unless missable.

You still have what I (and many) reckon is the turning point in the game where you get absolutely hellbent on arts avenge, attack, annihilate. It's top, mate, and makes an afterthought of all before.

You have 2-3 big areas still to traverse as well as a plot twist before giving your wife her farewell but it's hard to figure; I'd wager you're around the halfway mark. The way the story unfolds, I believe I remember where you're at and how it seems like both summit and journey's end are just around the corner.

They're not. :p

You no doubt have labours and challenges notwithstanding so there's tonnes still to mind. Don't invest too much time in your armour and enchantment game until a bit later. Just mix and match vagabond-like with what you're able to loot for now. The final stretch can be as short or long as you want it to be; you're good and will have time to make Kratos your own before all is said and done.

Lol, I looked at the act list. I am on like 9 of 17. Still have a lot of work to do.

Thanks for the updates, Diz.

I was two trophies shy of Platinum'ing this back when but at the time, revisiting virtually everywhere to snuff out Odin's ravens seemed such a chore. Hell, it still does – but maybe enough time has passed to give a go… If I remember right, there was also an armour set I never got my hands on but that should be easy enough unless missable.
Easy platinum because no difficulty trophies. But man those ravens and the damn 2 shitty worlds made the platinum a little less fun.
GOTY but I dont know if it wouldve beaten BOTW the year before.

I just hit 100% on Spider-Man and this is my next game to play. Really looking forward to it.

I just hit 100% on Spider-Man and this is my next game to play. Really looking forward to it.
Spoiler-free advice or answers should you ever need it, bud. Just drop in. Enjoy.

Back