PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Definitely gotta be in the running for game of the year. I'm still laughing about Kratos leaving out the part about killing his wife and daughter lol

NEW GAME + is out today...

I think I'm going to start a new game on hardest for sure. They say their is new armor and upgrade also.

NEW GAME + is out today...

I think I'm going to start a new game on hardest for sure. They say their is new armor and upgrade also.

Thank you for the update on this. I'll make sure to download it tonight or tomorrow

I played this game for one day because I had a free red box rental this past wked. Awesome graphics despite it being ps4. This is my 1st gow I've ever played . I like the flow of the story and gameplay.
I'm gonna beat it as I finish Doom.

I honestly don't get the hype for this game. The story is pretty predictable, the graphics are nice but is that it? Combat is okay but can get repetitive quick.

Finished it and have ventured out to find the valkyries. After swearing enough times, beaten 3 of them.

Other than that, hoping the dwarves give me more shit to do, honestly, ive now gotten into the game. Hah, i mean i always have, but beating a valkyrie really made me appreciate the combat system.

That said, the map and setting markers is a bitch. Sometimes you can, usually you cant.

Upgrading...yourself, is this just a matter of upgrading rhe collection of your shit? Ill have, what appears to be a lvl 6 or 7 chest armor, but my current uograded 4 trumps it. Sure i can upgrade the other once i find the parts, but i finished the game and 3 valks...the fuck do i want to keep looking for shit? Still right now, i do have the interest.

The map, ok, some of these realms are unavailable. Are they ever NOT unavailable?!

I ended up accidentally going home and being forced to sleep for a few years. Got a cutscene of thor, which was nice, but i am guessing thats for the sequel. that got me thinking..

I didn't know who baulder was and still really dont know. Fought no giants in this either.

I miss greek mythology.

fools are missing out.!!! Some new epic stuff going on

Finally hitting some of the game in my back log and jumped into GoW. Never cared for the previous GoW games, just to hack 'n slashy for me, but loving this game. Made my way to the Volcano realm and did the gate challenges there. Made it to the top to fight my first Valkrye and absolutly getting my shit pushed in. Got her down to 1/4 life once on my best run, but some of my runs have ended embarrassingly quick. I can dodge all of her attacks, but one miss step and you're toast. I think I just need to progress the main story for a bit, get the last axe upgrade, upgrade some skills and come back later.

Finally hitting some of the game in my back log and jumped into GoW. Never cared for the previous GoW games, just to hack 'n slashy for me, but loving this game. Made my way to the Volcano realm and did the gate challenges there. Made it to the top to fight my first Valkrye and absolutly getting my shit pushed in. Got her down to 1/4 life once on my best run, but some of my runs have ended embarrassingly quick. I can dodge all of her attacks, but one miss step and you're toast. I think I just need to progress the main story for a bit, get the last axe upgrade, upgrade some skills and come back later.
Seemed like a catch, you need to beat the rest of game to be strong enough to hang with Valkries but beating the Valkries gives you the top armor. Got bored rowing a boat for hours and left the other 6 unfinished.

Seemed like a catch, you need to beat the rest of game to be strong enough to hang with Valkries but beating the Valkries gives you the top armor. Got bored rowing a boat for hours and left the other 6 unfinished.

I figured as much, the difficulty spike was bonkers. At least there is a NG+ to use it on now, so I won't feel like I'm getting all dressed up with no where to go. Read a little on the NG+ and it sounds like you can further upgrade gear you brought into the run, so looking forward to that.

Keep your head up and do not reckon the defeat a reflection of your skill as Kratos the axeman or otherwise. I'm finding a what's what hard to lay out while keeping it spoiler-free, but Muspelheim is a middle-tier confrontation and not a good audition of what's in store or how you size up in comparison.

Like Fahcough alluded to, the lot of them are the real boss-slayers of the journey so over time, note your runic strengths and then improve your armour and oft-overlooked enchantment game alongside any weaponry. Those Midgard-chambered, IMO, should be your rite of passage to the others and you'll know after an opening flurry whether you've earned the right to be in the same arena. Happy looting upon victory.

Keep your head up and do not reckon the defeat a reflection of your skill as Kratos the axeman or otherwise. I'm finding a what's what hard to lay out while keeping it spoiler-free, but Muspelheim is a middle-tier confrontation and not a good audition of what's in store or how you size up in comparison.

Like Fahcough alluded to, the lot of them are the real boss-slayers of the journey so over time, note your runic strengths and then improve your armour and oft-overlooked enchantment game alongside any weaponry. Those Midgard-chambered, IMO, should be your rite of passage to the others and you'll know after an opening flurry whether you've earned the right to be in the same arena. Happy looting upon victory.

Ended up finally taking her down. Progressed the story quite a bit and got some serious upgrades, got the Blades of Chaos, two-way fast travel(thank god!), and took out one of the weaker Valkrye and got the waist armor and some nice enchantments. Took me a few tries along with a revive stone and 2 blasts of rage, but finally toppled her. Reading up a little bit I don't have access to the final piece, which I'm looking forward to the set.

As someone who couldn't get into the first arc of GoW, I must say that I got some goosebumps when I went back to the house and picked up his old weapons. This games story telling and ability to bring the feels is really top notch.

I keep forgetting that this game is the best of the year, I always tend to remember annoyances more than the actual fun Ive had.

The only game this year that has come out in 2018 where I think I had genuine fun throughout the main campaign. Spiderman's swinging was fun throughout but the base game felt like a chore and the bosses and combat got old real quick. The structure was nearly always the same.

RDR2 wasnt fun in the sense but was more of a spectacle at moments.

Ended up finally taking her down. Progressed the story quite a bit and got some serious upgrades, got the Blades of Chaos, two-way fast travel(thank god!), and took out one of the weaker Valkrye and got the waist armor and some nice enchantments. Took me a few tries along with a revive stone and 2 blasts of rage, but finally toppled her. Reading up a little bit I don't have access to the final piece, which I'm looking forward to the set.
Congrats. Feels darn good. *clink

Open fast-travel felt like a game-changer and that I could at last make the journey my own; seems much a sentiment shared by you. More canonical RPG elements also come to the story's fore, IMO, when you can now freely farm for upgrade materials or prioritise labours and tasks over others as your needs or mood demand. Good stuff. I started kitting my armour at the point as well (set Endless Mist was my jam) whereas before, just winging it like vagabond with what I'd find in chests.

As someone who couldn't get into the first arc of GoW, I must say that I got some goosebumps when I went back to the house and picked up his old weapons. This games story telling and ability to bring the feels is really top notch.
You and I are on the level because that was the exact arc that got me too; I was in after that come what may. The pensive, homeward rowing mid-storm and then recovery of these artefacts of pain from a past life…vengeance was mine. Cheers. Journey well.

Keep us updated as you enter into end-game content. You'd mentioned your sh-t getting pushed in by Göndul in Muspelheim but, brother, and to quote Slayer, hell awaits.

I think I'm about done with the main quest, just started the Realm between Realms. Took some time to farm Niflheim and Muselpheim to max out the Deadly Mist armor. Still have some things to wrap up, but will finish up all of the loose ends after I wrap up the main quest in preperations for NG+. Looking like there are a ton of upgrades to keep working on so planning on cranking up the difficulty so it's not a cake walk on the second outing.

Not sure how far into NG+ I'll get with Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out in a month. Been blasting through GoW with some extra time off for the holidays, but that will slow down a ton once I get back to work after the new year.

Glad this game got GOTY over Red dead redemption. I love rockstar and RDR2 but it wasn’t even on the same playing field as GOW. Santa Monica outclassed rockstar.

Just finished up the main story, what a fantastic game. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds. I did some reading on Baldur after the first encounter since I hadn't heard of him. It didn't give away any direct plot points, but I was able to put the end together knowing some of the Norse Mythology.

Baldur being impervious to damage, Loki knowing his only weakness in mistletoe and causing his death with a magic spear with a tip made from mistletoe. Then Baldur's death being the first sign of the coming Ragnarok. I had my suspicions that Atreus was Loki, but in the finale with Baldur when was pierced with the arrow head holding the quiver together causing his invulnerability to drop, it cemented it in that Atreus was Loki.

I really loved how they wove Kratos into Norse Mythology, creating their own story. Time for NG+ !!

i guess i need to get my son this then(he is 18), he has talked about it, but always puts it off...

late christmas present incoming i think

Back