PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

The director admitted to giving up on jumping because they couldn't figure out how to make it work with their new camera. That's both cheap and lazy.

Did it detract from the experience in your opinion? It did feel weird there were only contextual jumping prompts only but imo it didnt detract from the experience for me too much.

There shouldnt be bashing for having opinions imo, just childish as hell.

I enjoyed the game, finished it today. One of the best games of the generation for sure. Gonna be hard to beat for GOTY.

Gonna do all the side quests, Valkyries etc and get the platinum trophy. I attempted a Valkyrie early on after I got the fire stone thing, proceeded to get fucked every which way.

Also I'd like to mention the combat in this game, its so damn satisfying. With the leviathan, there is more skill involved compared to the
blades of chaos - spin to win
but I love the soulslike/metroidvania like exploring of the game. So easy to be immersed.

Did it detract from the experience in your opinion? It did feel weird there were only contextual jumping prompts only but imo it didnt detract from the experience for me too much.

There shouldnt be bashing for having opinions imo, just childish as hell.

I enjoyed the game, finished it today. One of the best games of the generation for sure. Gonna be hard to beat for GOTY.

Gonna do all the side quests, Valkyries etc and get the platinum trophy. I attempted a Valkyrie early on after I got the fire stone thing, proceeded to get fucked every which way.

Jumping would be a non-issue if it weren't for the number of puzzle elements that could have been easily bypassed with a double jump, forced down your throat. It's very lazy and uninspired on the part of the developer. They just nerf'd the character in a ridiculous way in order to make the puzzles work, which is laughable.

At the end of the day everyone has different experiences, and people can agree to disagree without acting like children, and there are a lot of children in this thread who simply cannot handle disagreements.

I actually ended up finishing most of the game before trading it back yesterday. The last 3 Valkyries (Gondul, Rota and Sigrun) were particularly fun fights. They're not hard at all once you learn their move set and how to deal with them. Strategies I found particularly useful: 1. certain moves can only be dodged if you roll in specific directions 2. turning 180 degrees automatically cancels blinding attacks, 3. throwing ax the second they fly up can cancel their next move 4. when they guard immediately double L1 to break guard, 5. learn the telltale signs of their grab moves and avoid those at all costs.

There's not a lot of replay value though, no NG+, no DLC in sight, Valkyries don't respawn, and I'm not going through the stupid puzzles again just to enjoy combat on a higher difficulty.

Anyway I think this will probably win GOTY for PS4 but get snuffed by RDR2 as GOTY overall, just like HZD did last year against BOTW.

I've played the entirety of the game on the 2nd hardest difficulty but will probably take it down to the lowest to farm Niflheim mist echoes. Spawning 4 fucking revenants that spam the shit out of the ground attack has exceeded rewarding challenge and gone into pure tedium.

surprisingly I still haven't found the 3rd dragon... figured i'd run into it because during the story but nope... no sign of the 3rd dragon... weird.. I must have missed a section somewhere.. I am hoping its huge so there's a big part of the game I haven't played yet...

I've played the entirety of the game on the 2nd hardest difficulty but will probably take it down to the lowest to farm Niflheim mist echoes. Spawning 4 fucking revenants that spam the shit out of the ground attack has exceeded rewarding challenge and gone into pure tedium.

haha that;s what I did. There really is nothing challenging after a while about the Mist Maze. I got Realm of Fogs 1 out 5 times also by just going clockwise. If I want a fighting challenge I do the Muspihelm trials farming. I wish the Valkyries were available again. I also wish the Ogres and Frost Ancients were a bit more tough.

Dist is learning to speedrun GOW1. Why does Kratos have two briefcases stuck to his back?

surprisingly I still haven't found the 3rd dragon... figured i'd run into it because during the story but nope... no sign of the 3rd dragon... weird.. I must have missed a section somewhere.. I am hoping its huge so there's a big part of the game I haven't played yet...

Which two have you freed?

Which two have you freed?

I don't know.. the two that were chained...?

lol. this doesn't help. I can't find the 3rd dragon that was chained. i'll check and see which ones I freed.

lol. this doesn't help. I can't find the 3rd dragon that was chained. i'll check and see which ones I freed.
If you have the quest it’ll take you right to it.

I free my first dragon independent of a quest. It was the one in the far north eastern region of the map, beyond the closed doors on the lake of nine.

The other two were part of Sindri and Brock quests.

Have ya done all of the Sindri/Brok quests?

Fafnir is
the one right next to the lake of nine, i think the alfheim tower

Otr is
south of the thor statue you destroy in the smaller lake area to the NE.

Reginn is
in Konunsgard, a Brock/Sindri joint quest

Last edited:
Just finished the main story. Didn't expect the reveal at the end but it makes sense thinking back to convos. I want the next installment now!

So many more gods to fuck up, and I like the idea of moving on to new pantheons as long as they can keep it fresh.

I don’t know that I have the patience and/or skill to complete God of War difficulty. I made it to the lake but just thinking about some of the tougher fights has me cringing.

Ah well, Dark Souls remaster is looming.

Getting an anchor of fog is a pain in the ass. Holy grindfest.

I don’t know that I have the patience and/or skill to complete God of War difficulty. I made it to the lake but just thinking about some of the tougher fights has me cringing.

Ah well, Dark Souls remaster is looming.
Don't bother attempting any of the valkyries lol, they kicked my ass even on normal difficulty.

I will replay this game on God of War difficult in a few months. I have played it so much; to finish side quests/items and the cancerous area - NIFLHEIM. I really can't wait to see the possibilities of a sequel - this game was an easy 10/10, I think with their talent, they can make it even better.

I wonder what new areas there will be, or if Kratos and Atreus leave their home and find another area. Because I don't really want a game with the same areas + 3 more realms. I doubt that would happen, but just a worst possibility.

But holy shit, this game was quite the experience I won't forget anytime soon. GOTY.

Getting an anchor of fog is a pain in the ass. Holy grindfest.

I lucked out and got my third just as I needed it. Just the Valkyrie left and I never have to see that realm again

Don't bother attempting any of the valkyries lol, they kicked my ass even on normal difficulty.
I cleared the game on the second hardest difficulty. Valkyries were tough but never felt tedious to me.

God of War difficulty feels tedious. Idk though, just upgraded my armor finally and getting more moves. Maybe I'll see how it progresses.

Frost Giant's Frenzy is too OP if you can corner an opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back