PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Not at all. His logic makes no sense considering Krato's behavior in-game. It's just another excuse by blind fanboys trying hard to defend an indefensible choice made by Santa Monica due to their lack of technical expertise on combining jump with their choice of camera.

@funcrusher Kratos doesn't want Atreus to know he is a God, but at the same time Kratos has absolute no reservations when it comes to demonstrating his godlike physical prowess in front of Atreus throughout the entire game. He constantly beats down monsters 10x his size, lifts car sized boulders like they weigh next to nothing, and yet somehow he singles out "jumping vertically" as the one physical action to avoid in order not to blow his God cover? Neither your argument, nor Santa Monica's choice on this make any sense in-game.

What about forcing himself to jump on top of a 12' platform in order to progress through the story? He hops on and off 12' moving trolls and ogres on the regular, but when it comes to stationary platforms it's a big no-no?

By your logic, the first part of GOW should have been a survival horror game designed around stealth and avoiding enemies, because if jumping is a big no-no, if jumping up 12' would blow his godly cover, then so would a million other things he does in battle. In terms of feats Kratos demonstrates in front of his kid, a 12' vertical jump would be one of the least impressive.

There are a million examples of Kratos demonstrating far more impressive physical feats in front of Atreus than a 12' vertical jump, pre-God review. It's one thing to justify him not wanting to jump for miles straight on top of the mountain and bypass the game entirely, and a whole other to justify zero vertical jump using "Kratos doesn't want to show his godly powers in front of Atreus", just so the studio can shove generic platform puzzles in your face, when Kratos' behavior throughout the game directly contradicts that. It's lazy and completely inconsistent based on in-game logic.

That’s easy to explain as well.

From what I understand they have been living in isolation till the mother passed away. Atreus has no idea what a man can or cannot do IMO. He knows what his mom and Dad can do and that’s it. As far as he’s concerned a man is strong as shit and can kick ass. He doesn’t know the limits of a man compared to a god. His knowledge comes from his mom telling him stories from her POV (which is also slanted). kratos is obviously holding back. He’s also weakened (maybe even permanently injured). He gave up a lot of his godly powers in GOW3 (supposedly died but crawled away and lived on) so maybe using them too much will hasten his death. Not sure on this but there are reasons.

As the story progress Atreus sees his father do more and more impressive achievements and he openly marvels about it and Kratos immediately shuts him up and tells him to concentrate. Atreus was also sick during the early portion of the game and kratos had to handle him with extra care. Once he recuperated he wasn’t fully healed so there are reasons for handling him gingerly.

Everything points to Kratos dying soon (next few games) based on the pictures at the end..

The story is feasible and believable (fantasy wide).

Don't care at all. I don't spend all day on social media like you do. I actually have friends. I travel. You're a sad little man who can only find happiness in the amount of likes you receive.

You cared enough to respond and make an excuse for it, and are still in denial about it.

By the way I could easily get 10k likes if I went to the heavies and posted connor gifs. Likes don't represent quality posts

No you can't. Prove me wrong.

Yawn. Broken record. You've already been beaten. Your pride won't allow you to surrender. Whatever everyone else has the last laugh because you must be a total loser to behave this way and care about likes on an internet forum.

Great summary. About yourself. At least I present my arguments. You already lost the argument, but your pride won't let you surrender, so you keep going with one liner insults, like a broken record :D

You cared enough to respond and make an excuse for it, and are still in denial about it.

No you can't. Prove me wrong.

Great summary. About yourself. At least I present my arguments. You already lost the argument, but your pride won't let you surrender, so you keep going with one liner insults, like a broken record :D

I'm not going to prove you wrong because I'm not you who sits in front of a computer screen all day. I've been posting a bit more lately because I'm recovering from the hospital. I've had an account for 12 years and haven't even managed to get 2k posts. I actually have a life outside of sherdog, I know that may seem strange to you.

Dude I'm saying this as someone who cares. Just get off the internet. If you put the same amount of effort into other things you might actually get girls or learn something useful. Every time you respond to me I can't help but feel bad for you because I know this is one of the few times you're happy in life.

Anyway I am here for you, if you are suffering from depression and need someone to talk to just PM me.

That’s easy to explain as well.

From what I understand they have been living in isolation till the mother passed away. Atreus has no idea what a man can or cannot do IMO. He knows what his mom and Dad can do and that’s it. As far as he’s concerned a man is strong as shit and can kick ass. He doesn’t know the limits of a man compared to a god.

He has no idea Kratos can jump vertically up? You mean while he knows his dad has insanely powerful legs, he doesn't have the basic common sense that having powerful legs would allow you to jump high?

And in those tales his mother told him, was jumping up vertically tied specifically to godly powers more than any other physical feats? Is that why Kratos has no reservations with showing all these other sueprhuman feats in front of Atreus....with the sole exception of jumping vertically up 12 feet platforms? So seeing his father jump up make Atreus suddenly realize he is a god, but the dozens of other crazy things Kratos does do not?

Now yo're just making stuff up in order to justify a completely absurd decision.

His knowledge comes from his mom telling him stories from her POV (which is also slanted). kratos is obviously holding back. He’s also weakened (maybe even permanently injured). He gave up a lot of his godly powers in GOW3 (supposedly died but crawled away and lived on) so maybe using them too much will hasten his death. Not sure on this but there are reasons.

However much he is holding back, however much he is weakened, he has zero reservation when it comes to lifting car sized rocks in front of Atreus pre-reveal. He doesn't ever try to hide it. His legs do not buckle under the weight of these rocks. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to jump up all these platforms scattered throughout the game, nor is there any reason why he'd want to hide that particular ability from Atreus.

Also, your argument about Kratos trying to hide himself from Atreus breaks down completely when you consider but one simple fact:

Post reveal Kratos who had nothing to hide STILL COULD NOT JUMP.

There's nothing wrong with him not jumping, btw, I wouldn't mind it one bit if they didn't force all these platform puzzles on the player that could have easily been bypassed with a jump that requires nothing more than a tiny fraction of the power from someone who can flip fucking temples with his bare hands. That's just cheap game design.

I'm not going to prove you wrong because I'm not you who sits in front of a computer screen all day. I've been posting a bit more lately because I'm recovering from the hospital. I've had an account for 12 years and haven't even managed to get 2k posts. I actually have a life outside of sherdog, I know that may seem strange to you.

Dude I'm saying this as someone who cares. Just get off the internet. If you put the same amount of effort into other things you might actually get girls or learn something useful. Every time you respond to me I can't help but feel bad for you because I know this is one of the few times you're happy in life.

Anyway I am here for you, if you are suffering from depression and need someone to talk to just PM me.

Plenty of insults and no arguments.

Seems like you're determined to troll now that you've completely lost the argument, but wouldn't surrender. That is fine. Like I told the other troll, as the bigger, more mature man, I will walk away and continue discussing this only with people who are willing to present actual arguments.

Go on, you can have the final word, troll away:

He has no idea Kratos can jump vertically up? You mean while he knows his dad has insanely powerful legs, he doesn't have the basic common sense that having powerful legs would allow you to jump high?

And in those tales his mother told him, was jumping up vertically tied specifically to godly powers more than any other physical feats? Is that why Kratos has no reservations with showing all these other sueprhuman feats in front of Atreus....with the sole exception of jumping vertically up 12 feet platforms? So seeing his father jump up make Atreus suddenly realize he is a god, but the dozens of other crazy things Kratos does do not?

Now yo're just making stuff up in order to justify a completely absurd decision.

However much he is holding back, however much he is weakened, he has zero reservation when it comes to lifting car sized rocks in front of Atreus pre-reveal. He doesn't ever try to hide it. His legs do not buckle under the weight of these rocks. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to jump up all these platforms scattered throughout the game, nor is there any reason why he'd want to hide that particular ability from Atreus.

Also, your argument about Kratos trying to hide himself from Atreus breaks down completely when you consider but one simple fact:

Post reveal Kratos who had nothing to hide STILL COULD NOT JUMP.

There's nothing wrong with him not jumping, btw, I wouldn't mind it one bit if they didn't force all these platform puzzles on the player that could have easily been bypassed with a jump that requires nothing more than a tiny fraction of the power from someone who can flip fucking temples with his bare hands.

It’s just a game ya fuckin nerd...

U need to get laid methink.

Thanks

Think I’ll give the game a try on Give Me God of War.

Thought that the second to hardest difficulty was a sweet spot but now with my familiarity with the combat, I might be up for the challenge.
1 hit from a draugr and 3/4 of the health is gone !

Unfortunately showing women his post count to like ratio hasn't amounted to much.

Plenty of insults and no arguments.

Seems like you're determined to troll now that you've completely lost the argument, but wouldn't surrender. That is fine. Like I told the other troll, as the bigger, more mature man, I will walk away and continue discussing this only with people who are willing to present actual arguments.

Go on, you can have the final word, troll away:
You've already lost but your ego is too big. Nobody is a troll but you. Please seek therapy. You have us all worried

3rd one in the last hour who got his argument broken down completely and decided to resort to personal insults. Are you guys for real?

Why did you bother posting your long winded argument in the first place if it's "just a game"? Don't get so salty over something that is just a game.

3rd one in the last hour who got his argument broken down completely and decided to resort to personal insults. Are you guys for real?

Why did you bother posting your long winded argument in the first place if it's "just a game"? Don't get so salty over something that is just a game.

Cause you’re crying like a lil bitch again and again cause there’s no jump button. Shut da fuck up already.. this game doesn’t need a Jump button. You care for it. Most of us didn’t need it. Okay go play another game now.

You didn’t break any arguments down. U argue like a 5 year old. We’re all laughing at u. Stay a bitch and cry some more cause u can’t be Mario and jump around ya nerd..

Stick to halo and destiny... please leave this thread

Cause you’re crying like a lil bitch again and again cause there’s no jump button. Shut da fuck up already.. this game doesn’t need a Jump button. You care for it. Most of us didn’t need it. Okay go play another game now.

You didn’t break any arguments down. U argue like a 5 year old. We’re all laughing at u. Stay a bitch and cry some more cause u can’t be Mario and jump around ya nerd..

Xbox halo fanboys still super annoying

Literally foaming at the mouth. It's just a game, remember? Why are you so salty about people pointing out obvious flaws?

Just act like a man and admit you lost the argument. Just admit your reasoning that Kratos tried to hide it from Atreus makes no sense whatsoever. And you're right, only a 5-year-old would think jumping high is somehow connected to God hood. Only a 5-year old would miss the part where post reveal Kratos still couldn't jump. You're just mad I tore your logic apart, both you and I know this, that's why you're lashing out.

Grown adults most definitely spend pages complaining about jumping in a video game on a karate forum.

Even Aloy can jump, and she's only an athletic human. In fact, one of the cool things about Horizon Zero Dawn is you can bypass a lot of the "designated climbing segments" by simply "billy goating" up cliffs with these small hops, something Kratos can't begin to do. I can't remember how many collectibles I've found using this method without following the standard climbing routes.

In other words Guerilla Games did a better job with platforming in HZD than Santa Monica did with GOW. They give you actual freedom, while GOW shoves puzzles down your throat. This is even worse if you consider going in GG were a FPS dev who had zero experiencing on the topic. Extremely lazy and pathetic on SM's part.

Even Aloy can jump, and she's only an athletic human. In fact, one of the cool things about Horizon Zero Dawn is you can bypass a lot of the "designated climbing segments" by simply "billy goating" up cliffs with these small hops, something Kratos can't begin to do.

In other words Guerilla Games did a better job with platforming in HZD than Santa Monica did with GOW, and going in GG were a FPS dev who had zero experiencing on the topic. This is extremely lazy and pathetic on SM's part.

10/10 scores everywhere> your logic ..

Wish kratos could rip your head off

Having a blast so far. I like that playing on the give me a challenge setting can make regular enemy encounters difficult instead of boring button mashing. Just waiting to unlock jump. God knows I never had fun playing Zelda games until I could do that.

Back