God damn! How good are Shirataki Calorie free noodles?

forum poster

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So my goal was to lose the 15lb spare tire I've put on over the last year. The first 10lb were relatively easy but that last 5lb shredded look was too hard to get to.

Anyway, I remember years ago when dieting I used to eat these japanese essentially calorie free noodles. Whilst I was eating them, they were a great filler, but they tasted like gooey fishy junk and it was a chore to eat them whilst shedding some pounds.

Recently, I've dived back into them but followed instructions I've read online. Basically you drain them as much as you can with your hands, then cook the FUCK out of the moisture on a saucepan for 15 to 20 minutes on Medium heat and BOOOYAH! Literally normal tasting noodles. You then stir fry your veges and meat and use some type of satay, oyster, honey soy or other sauce to flavor the veges, meat and noodles and it all comes together basically indistinguishable from an Asian takeaway high calorie Stirfry noodle dish.

Because the bulk of the meal comes from the basically calorie-free noodles, and extremely low calorie vegetables, you can get away with having a relatively rich-tasting and delicious Satay sauce and meat whilst still being a very low calorie meal.

If only the fatties of the world knew this one trick we could cure the obesity epidemic overnight!

BTW. This is meal I had already eaten over three quarters of before taking a pic. It was stacked to the brim and equaled about 500cal all up. Where as an Asian noodle place doing a similar dish would be around 2000 calories.
cof.jpg

Last edited:
Why eat anything calorie free?

That's so fucking crazy I dont know what to think. Totally fucking insane. Oh my god. Are you a homesick North Korean? What the fuck is wrong with you?

So my goal was to lose the 15lb spare tire I've put on over the last year. The first 10lb were relatively easy but that last 5lb shredded look was too hard to get to.

Anyway, I remember years ago when dieting I used to eat these japanese essentially calorie free noodles. Whilst I was eating them, they were a great filler, but they tasted like gooey fishy junk and it was a chore to eat them whilst shedding some pounds.

Recently, I've dived back into them but followed instructions I've read online. Basically you drain them as much as you can with your hands, then cook the FUCK out of the moisture on a saucepan for 15 to 20 minutes on Medium heat and BOOOYAH! Literally normal tasting noodles. You then stir fry your veges and meat and use some type of satay, oyster, honey soy or other sauce to flavor the veges, meat and noodles and it all comes together basically indistinguishable from an Asian takeaway high calorie Stirfry noodle dish.

Because the bulk of the meal comes from the basically calorie-free noodles, and extremely low calorie vegetables, you can get away with having a relatively rich-tasting and delicious Satay sauce and meat whilst still being a very low calorie meal.

If only the fatties of the world knew this one trick we could cure the obesity epidemic overnight!

BTW. This is meal I had already eaten over three quarters of before taking a pic. It was stacked to the brim and equaled about 500cal all up. Where as an Asian noodle place doing a similar dish would be around 2000 calories.
cof.jpg
Where do you buy it?

cof.jpg
You sold me. I'm gonna buy me some. The dudes talking trash in this thread are probably too young to understand the nature of a post-30 metabolism.

You sold me. I'm gonna buy me some. The dudes talking trash in this thread are probably too young to understand the nature of a post-30 metabolism.
Go for it. They're awesome. I'm at my goal weight now thanks to these noodles. I eat them about 4 times a week.

Back