GOATs don’t retire early, nor do they fail drug tests...

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Show me a GOAT in any sport who did either? Imagine being the MMA fan sitting around a table with other sports fans, the GOAT discussion comes up. Boxing fan will be talking about Ali, sugar ray, ect. Soccer fan talking about Pele/messi, basketball fan goong on about jordan, hockey fan gloating about gretzki, baseball fan...idk shit about baseball sorry. But then your MMA ass brings up Jon fucking jones. Boy that’s embarrassing to the sport.

Khabib didn’t do enough to have the status. Only 13 UFC fights. Never gone up a weight class. GOAT for LW? Yes. GOAT overall? Hell no. Def top 5.

Jon has failed tests. That is an auto black list. Same with Silva. My fav fighter. Still black listed though. Sorry but we can not tolerate drug cheats as our sports Mascots.

That leaves 2 fighters to choose from.

GSP
Fedor

Discussion is fenito folks. Get over it. Ima go with the canadian. Bu bu but he beat one eye bisping!!! Bitch, one eye bisping beat silva and rocksalt. GSP got done eating a philly cheese steak sandwich, walked in there bloated as fuck, and whooped that ass after how many years away from the sport?

Michael Jordan.

Also actually retired young initially for the same reason as Khabib.

You can end this stupid thread now.
That wasnt early. Thats retiring on time. He already did enough to claim the GOAT status.

That wasnt early. Thats retiring on time. He already did enough to claim the GOAT status.

He initially retired at 30. Of course it was early.

Newsflash, when youve set out and achieved everything you wanted to for yourself personally, you can retire whenever you choose to.

True, we do not have a definitive, no doubt about it, GOAT. But the sport is also not Very old. Especially not compared to the others you mention. A clear cut goat will prpbably emerge within the next century.
Untill now GSP is the way to go as the best representation of a all time great fighter and person, with no PED blemish.
Silva have allways been my personal favourite, Because I was in awe of him as a kid, when he did movie stuff in real life. But i agree that we have to eliminate drug cheats from the discussion. So GSP takes it for now.

hockey fan gloating about gretzki

7VbR.gif

So Jordan didnt initially retire at 30?

He could have never have returned, the same way Khabib may not.

Sorry you completely missed my point.

Your point is idiotic, which isn't surprising. Jordan retired and came back to win three more championships which cemented his GOAT status. There would be far greater debate about how his place at the top if he had left for good at that point.

Explain to us why your opinion is more important than any one else in terms of the greatest.

Must be a bunch of GSP fans. What about the criteria of losing too, or getting koed by sub par fighters. What about the criteria of fighters who don’t train in high end gyms but at home in their garage.

At the end of the day it’s an opinion, get used to others having different opinions on who is their greatest, which usually involves their favourite fighter or least hated.

Your point is idiotic, which isn't surprising. Jordan retired and came back to win three more championships which cemented his GOAT status. There would be far greater debate about how his place at the top if he had left for good at that point.

No, whats idiotic is Jordan took 2-3 years away and Kabibs been away 2-3 days. Yet we're talking like Khabib retired years ago. Give it time.

He may come back, he may not. My point is its way too early to assume either way.

If Jordan did retire in 93, hed still he considered a GOAT contender but thanks for the input.

Show me a GOAT in any sport who did either? Imagine being the MMA fan sitting around a table with other sports fans, the GOAT discussion comes up. Boxing fan will be talking about Ali, sugar ray, ect. Soccer fan talking about Pele/messi, basketball fan goong on about jordan, hockey fan gloating about gretzki, baseball fan...idk shit about baseball sorry. But then your MMA ass brings up Jon fucking jones. Boy that’s embarrassing to the sport.

Khabib didn’t do enough to have the status. Only 13 UFC fights. Never gone up a weight class. GOAT for LW? Yes. GOAT overall? Hell no. Def top 5.

Jon has failed tests. That is an auto black list. Same with Silva. My fav fighter. Still black listed though. Sorry but we can not tolerate drug cheats as our sports Mascots.

That leaves 2 fighters to choose from.

GSP
Fedor

Discussion is fenito folks. Get over it. Ima go with the canadian. Bu bu but he beat one eye bisping!!! Bitch, one eye bisping beat silva and rocksalt. GSP got done eating a philly cheese steak sandwich, walked in there bloated as fuck, and whooped that ass after how many years away from the sport?
Baseball = Barry Bonds

Explain to us why your opinion is more important than any one else in terms of the greatest.

Must be a bunch of GSP fans. What about the criteria of losing too, or getting koed by sub par fighters. What about the criteria of fighters who don’t train in high end gyms but at home in their garage.
The title alone screams GSP

No, whats idiotic is Jordan took 2-3 years away and Kabibs been away 2-3 days. Yet we're talking like Khabib retired years ago. Give it time.

He may come back, he may not. My point is its way too early to assume either way.

If Jordan did retire in 93, hed still he considered a GOAT contender but thanks for the input.

Contender sure but not near his current legacy.

You're welcome for the correct input. Glad I could help you out. Come up with an actual GOAT that retired for good early.

Back