Goat weidman

abrasion

Ancient one
@purple
Reaction score
With an unblemished record of 13-0 Chris is already one of the most dominant fighters the sport has seen. Now at 31 years of age one could assume he is nearing the homestretch on his career. So lets say he fights, and beats, rockhold, Romero, and jacare effectively cleaning out the division (a murderers row for sure) and retires undefeated at 16-0. Would he have done enough to be considered the hands down, no doubt at all, the greatest of all time?

As a big Weidman fan, nobody with 16 victories can be considered the greatest of all time.

If Jon Jones comes back and gets a few more good victories, no.

Jones wins - Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Vitor, Bader, Machida, Gus, DC, Glover, (hypothetical) DC 2, Rumble, Cain or someone at HW

is better than

Anderson, Anderson, Machida, Vitor, Rockhold, Jacare, Romero

Same goes for Aldo if he beats McGregor, Holloway/Oliveira, Frankie 2 or Mighty Mouse, (flame away) Ronda etc.

Edit - Fedor would still be greater as well. Also Jones with his current resume is already better than hypothetical Weidman thinking about it.

Last edited:
No. He would easily be the MW GOAT but still behind Fedor, GSP, and Jones all time.

This isn't Highlander. You don't become the goat by beating the goat.

Silva or fedor or Jones stand alone, depending on who you ask.

So say he did what I suggested in my op, retired, then came back and beat Jones in a super fight. Would that 17-0 record be enough?

Too many what ifs, this hypothetical stuff is destined for the wasteland.

ha, Anderson holds the record for longest all-time UFC win streak (16), Weidman is at 9.

ask again in a couple of years.

Wow didnt realize weidman was 31 already.

If he finishes cleaning out MW and moves up to do pretty well at LHW, like top 3-5ish, then yes I would put him in the running for GOAT.

Silva, Machida, Romero, Jacare and TRTless Vitor were all 35-40 years olds.

Maybe if they were all in their prime time, but even then it's a stretch.

he won't retire until he's moved up and cleaned out LHW then HW

then he cuts a leg off and cleans out WW

Weidman will fight until he's 40. He'll have ups and downs. Right now he's pure beast.

Undefeated at 16-0... he could fight twice a year and still have over 20 wins by mid 30s. If he stays reasonably health there is not reason why he isn't still winning at 35, it's not like he is going through ridiculous five round wars every fight.

After he defeats Jacare, Rockhold and Romero, I rate his wins > Anderson's

Back