Goat threads are done too s---, but aside from the top 4, who is 5?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP, Fedor, Silva, Jones. Just accept that is the top 4. Who cares the order. The tough question who is 5?
Aldo? DC? Isreal? Khabib? Is there even a consensus about the number 5 spot. I don't think there is at all.

Jonny five. But he is a robot not a goat.

GSP, Fedor, Silva, Jones. Just accept that is the top 4. Who cares the order. The tough question who is 5?
Aldo? DC? Isreal? Khabib? Is there even a consensus about the number 5 spot. I don't think there is at all.
DJ is number 5 and Khabib is on the list with Aldo. Not sure why you have Israel mentioned? Far too early for him.

Goat threads are done too shit...
<Cage33>

Lol Israel being considered for a top 5 spot with no title defenses {<jordan}

I don't think any of them have the resume of Big Nog but he's never put into the conversation because Fedor dismantled him multiple times.

I will make two points.

1) its a top 3,Fedor,GSP,and Canderson

Jones' asterisk is so huge that he cant be allowed in the clubhouse

2) i usually hear names like Penn and Aldo thrown around,and thats fine,but 4 and 5 is a long distance from 1,2, and 3.

Mighty Mouse and Jose Aldo both have strong claims to the fifth slot in that case. Honorable mentions to Penn, Khabib, and Stipe. The primary thing holding Conor back is his utter lack of hanging around to defend any titles, but he's waiting in the wings of the discussion at the very least. Cejudo, too, if the next few years continue to go well for him.

Hard to argue against Nunes as the WMMA GOAT.

Assuming we aren't taking PEDs into consideration at all:

1. Jon Jones
2. GSP
3. Anderson Silva
4. Jose Aldo
5. Fedor

So the 5th is Fedor on my list, could be 4th too but I have him at 5. Then in consideration: DC, Penn, Khabib, McGregor, Cruz, Mighty Mouse. Then a tier down would be...I guess Cejudo, Stipe, Nunes, Schevchenko (if women even count that is).

In my humble opinion Demetrious Johnson is always overrated. He was great, but his competition was pretty abysmal overall and he got a fake win over Ian McCall then lost to Cejudo + lost to Cruz and Pickett in the past. I could excuse the losses but he never faced any "good" besides Dodson, Joe B. and Cejudo. But he's great no doubt, just not going to put him above Aldo or Fedor, and I wouldn't put him above DC right now either. Something to be said to win in two divisions, Mighty Mouse never did that + faced mediocre fighters a lot.

Khabib has a chance to be the goat if he beats GSP or Usman (or current WW champ). Not sure where Id put him currently. Yeah probably DC or even Stipe at #5. I think Id lean DC there though. Those four are the only ones with spectacular records that have beaten all the others. MM not sure, his competition wasnt great or even notable in many cases. Maybe a fifteen way tie for 5th or something like that.

So many guys legacies have been tarnished by significant losses or other issues, like Penn, Hendo, Overeem, Mousasi (shafted by UFC), Cain etc. etc. Couture doesnt really factor for me either even though Im a fan, hes good but also had good fortune imo.

Fedor isn't top 5. The run he went on would not have happened against the same level of opponents that Stipe went through. There isn't a hw on the list.

The winner of Ferguson/Khabib can join the chat if they take care of Mcgregor and Gaethje afterwards.

Fedor isn't top 5. The run he went on would not have happened against the same level of opponents that Stipe went through. There isn't a hw on the list.

The winner of Ferguson/Khabib can join the chat if they take care of Mcgregor and Gaethje afterwards.
Lol, going 10 years and 30 fights unbeaten at HW raking up 14 top 10 wins (3 of them being over the consensus #1 & 2 at the time also in their prime) in a division where 1 punch can erase even the surest thing on paper is basically the definition of GOAT.

Sure though, had he been forced to go threw such epic competition as almost 40 year old Overeem and Werdum, (both of whom were losing in the same Pride division Fedor was dominating, Young Werdum losing to one of the men on Fedor's list), nearly 40 year old Mark Hunt..... Oh wait, Fedor beat the much younger version of him.... Stefen Struve and JDS he certainly would have never made it through his first 14 fights without losing at least twice....

Are you actually serious here dude? Stipe has 6 top 10 wins, lost when he faced his first 2 top 10 opponents, has never faced and beaten a consensus all time great future hall of famer in their prime, and the "level of competition" he went threw are mostly the same guys that were competing when Fedor was, lol.

You really should have taken a second to think before posting something that makes your join date look like a pretty accurate indication of when you started following the sport.

Back