GOAT or not, Anderson is still the most entertaining fighter of all time

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know when most of y'all are determining your GOAT prospects, you don't factor how entertaining the fighter was into your GOAT equations. But, in my opinion, along with a dominant lengthy title run, having a record of thrilling fights and a solid highlight reel is also mandatory to be the GOAT. And nobody is or was more exciting than prime Anderson Silva. He's still the GOAT, straight up.

silvia-ufc-fight-left-in-him-2017-e1b8803c-fa10-4450-8b11-1768fe922bb5.jpg

Last edited:
That's subjective

Anderson probably does have the most spectacular highlight reel but also a few stinkers

Whereas someone like Conor has never been in a boring fight, and is also top tier entertainment outside the cage.

Bonnar, Sonnen, Vitor, Hendo, Irvin, Marquardt and Leben all tested positive. Even Nick and Forrest goofed the rules for minor shit.

So I don't hold most of the PED stuff against him. And in his later days he's fought and lent his shine to nothing but killers and solid up and comers. Despite being a mostly losing effort, it's admirable.

That's subjective

Anderson probably does have the most spectacular highlight reel but also a few stinkers

Whereas someone like Conor has never been in a boring fight, and is also top tier entertainment outside the cage.

Conor is entertaining as hell! But I still think Anderson was more so.

If we made a new poll, I believe Silva would finish #5, but he’s clearly #4.

Maia, Leites, Brunson, Nick, Cote, Otsuka......none of these fights were exciting and they all sucked minus Nick's trolling

Gaethje, Poirier, KZ, Cub, Lawler, Condit, Shogun, Big Nog, Cowboy, Whittaker, Eddie, Nick, Tony etc were more consistently exciting fighters

I know when most of y'all are determining your GOAT prospects, you don't factor how entertaining the fighter was into your GOAT equations. But, in my opinion, along with a dominant lengthy title run, having a record of thrilling fights and a solid highlight reel is also mandatory to be the GOAT. And nobody is or was more exciting than prime Anderson Silva. He's still the GOAT, straight up.

silvia-ufc-fight-left-in-him-2017-e1b8803c-fa10-4450-8b11-1768fe922bb5.jpg

Most spectacular title reign in history no doubt.

Maia, Leites, Brunson, Nick, Cote, Otsuka......none of these fights were exciting and they all sucked minus Nick's trolling

Gaethje, Poirier, KZ, Cub, Lawler, Condit, Shogun, Big Nog, Cowboy, Whittaker, Eddie, Tony etc were more consistently exciting fighters

Anderson had 2 boring fights during his title run but more than made up for it by all the other fights during his title run being exciting as hell. I’m referring to Anderson’s title run in the UFC, the years that put him on the GOAT list.

and I don’t agree that any of those fighters you listed were/are more exciting than prime Anderson was.

Last edited:
I found Sakuraba to be the most entertaining, he’s the first person I ever seen try a cartwheel guard pass, young me almost lost his mind

As much as he's had some highlight reel wins, there was a lot of lackluster performances as well.

His fights against Maia, Leites, and Cote are some of the worst title fights i've ever seen.

That's subjective

I wouldn't consider sucker punching a pensioner who refused his piss Whiskey entertaining...

As much as he's had some highlight reel wins, there was a lot of lackluster performances as well.

His fights against Maia, Leites, and Cote are some of the worst title fights i've ever seen.

Yes there were, I agree.

I agree, 100%. His most entertaining fights were against Weidman.

I agree, 100%. His most entertaining fights were against Weidman.

haha the thing is that his fights with the Chris were indeed entertaining, and there’s something to be said for even how spectacularly his title run was ended.

Back