GOAT knocks flat-footed Aldo out easily

I watched Hominick give Aldo just about all he could handle over 5 rounds.

Anyone saying that there's no chance Conor can beat Aldo is nuts.

I think it's a toss-up, and I can't wait until it happens.

We also know an irish lad thats only on the prelims sunmitted mcgregor. One random fight is totally irrelevant (and hominick isn't a bad striker at all). Also 49-46 with one bad round due to a bad weight cut isn't 'all you can handle. When you leave a fight with 2 heads you weren't close to winning

Please walk me through the thought process it takes to post a thread like this.

Like you have to know that there are already plenty of threads on the exact same subject, yet instead of posting in there you chose to make a whole new thread.

I don't hate Conor, but his fan's are poison to this forum.

iEN2gIh.gif

But what if Aldo wears orthotics fight night? Then what?

Last time Aldo lost a fight, McGregor was a sweaty still in school teenager. Oh, and probably a virgin too.

Just saying.

GSP retired and wouldn't be able to make the 145 pound weight cut , maybe a catch weight at 155 is plausible .

Hominick hung in there rounds 2 and 3 (losing both rounds), and destroyed Aldo in the 5th.

Minor G&P equates to 62 total strikes for the round to Aldo's 3.

Watch the actual fight, and look at Aldo's face towards the end and at the presser afterwards and compare to Hominick. If he actually landed even 50% of those 62 total strikes remotely clean then Mark Hominick is the most pillowfisted fighter in UFC history.

Aldo did however put a career shortening beating on Hominick for four rounds. And this was after enduring a horrendus weight cut and being so physically weak that he had to excuse himself from a press event the day before the fight because he could litteraly not sit up straight.

Aldo spent more then half his camp dealing with staph and as a result was on strong antibiotics.

this is also an insult to Mendes, who had just KO'd 4 of his 5 opponents going into that fight. 't-rex arms' is a legit contender

expect aldo to have the speed advantage - intersting fight though, could def see conor winning if they strike the whole time

Please walk me through the thought process it takes to post a thread like this.

Like you have to know that there are already plenty of threads on the exact same subject, yet instead of posting in there you chose to make a whole new thread.

I don't hate Conor, but his fan's are poison to this forum.

Thank you, can we make a special section where Conor's fan boys could stop pollute the forum ?

you're going to eat mad crow

Conor is great and may indeed become Champ but he's got to earn it. Thinking Aldo is anything less than one of the greatest Featherweights in MMA history will only do a disservice to Conor.

Conors talks a big game and has the skills to back it up but if either of you think he is gonna walk through Aldo, youre both in for a rude awakening.

Anyone who thinks Aldo is flat footed is ignorant beyond belief.

this is also an insult to Mendes, who had just KO'd 4 of his 5 opponents going into that fight. 't-rex arms' is a legit contender
Very good point. I keep seeing people throw Mendes under the bus, as if he didn't absolutely bust his ass and put the work in for his second crack at Aldo. He took the fight very seriously (and each before it), studied Aldo, was game, and had an outstanding performance.

Edgar is the only other guy in the division I could pick, to beat the Mendes that showed up that night. And that's not to say I don't like McGregor as a fighter, but no need to suggest that Mendes waltzed into the octagon as anything other than an elite opponent.

I watched Hominick give Aldo just about all he could handle over 5 rounds.

Anyone saying that there's no chance Conor can beat Aldo is nuts.

I think it's a toss-up, and I can't wait until it happens.

Lol what? Aldo destroyed Mark.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

and not a single one of them was a striker

mendes crushed cans and wrestlers who historically have no tools if they can't outgrapple their opponents.

and not a single one of them was a striker

mendes crushed cans and wrestlers who historically have no tools if they can't outgrapple their opponents.

Someone doesn't understand how a grappler can land effective strikes against an elite striker.

I mean, Mendes clearly faked a takedown and landed an uppercut. Chael/Silva 1, Randleman/Crocop, Mir/Kongo, etc...

Back