GOAT’S and Grey names, plus Khabibs blemish

i agree with the op. khabib has not done enough to cement his goat status, too many unknown fighters and he quits because bis mummy says he has too.

fuck you khabib you bathtub boy bitch.
Lol that's a bit harsh. He's wanted to quit for quite a while now though, there was talk about him retiring without even defending once. He wanted to peace out with his undefeated record as soon as possible, it sounds like he kept fighting because that's what his dad wanted.

Lol that's a bit harsh. He's wanted to quit for quite a while now though, there was talk about him retiring without even defending once. He wanted to peace out with his undefeated record as soon as possible, it sounds like he kept fighting because that's what his dad wanted.

the choice is his and i can respect that but he should not be in consideration for goat status, could you imagine jones bailing after 3 defences.

YOU made the claim bro?? I have watched almost all of his regional fights that are available to watch - but how would I know which fighters YOU think would make UFC fighters look like bums???
What the fuck? I can't believe you're serious.

NAME the fucking fighters you think could've been or could be UFC level and would make UFC fighters look like bums.

If you want to get into specifics fine, but my main point is that Khabib himself rated these guys above his early UFC fights. Guys that could absolutely make the bottom and mid tiers look like bums the same way Khabib has.

Shahbulat Shamhalaev
Alexander Agafonov
Ali Bagov
Magomed Magomedov

Just to name a few guys who in my opinion would outclass some current and former UFC fighters.

the choice is his and i can respect that but he should not be in consideration for goat status, could you imagine jones bailing after 3 defences.

Khabib and Jones career we’re completely different. Jones was destined to be a long reigning champ. He was given a title shot very early. Khabib has to fight in Russia for a long time and still fight in the ufc a long time before the opportunity was there. The ufc has a huge Western Hemisphere bias. Especially in the early days. Khabib is everything Jones was supposed to be, an undefeated fighter with a flawless outside the cage record as well as in. GSP lost, so he’s out.

Khabib and Jones career we’re completely different. Jones was destined to be a long reigning champ. He was given a title shot very early. Khabib has to fight in Russia for a long time and still fight in the ufc a long time before the opportunity was there. The ufc has a huge Western Hemisphere bias. Especially in the early days. Khabib is everything Jones was supposed to be, an undefeated fighter with a flawless outside the cage record as well as in. GSP lost, so he’s out.

I think it was more to do with Jones murking people and having a more marketable personality then Khabibs average victories over mid tier fighters and being somewhat inactive over his ufc career. Also had weight issues...

If you think Johnson was close to hurting Khabib you're an idiot. He frequently overreacts to shots that even catch him a little, probably saves him from a lot of follow up shots. Loving the collection of Khabib haters here though.

I think it was more to do with Jones murking people and having a more marketable personality then Khabibs average victories over mid tier fighters and being somewhat inactive over his ufc career. Also had weight issues...

{<huh}
Jon is a sociopath that has proven he cannot he marketed. Yes he did well when younger, but so did Khabib, just wasn’t on the same stage. Khabib for sure was not an active fighter, but because he took his fights serious, and it was a big deal to him. Have you noticed that a lot has changed in 10 years and most fighters are only fighting 1-2 a year compared to 4-5 times back then. They are learning about it’s not very smart to fight a lot, and it has shown in activity levels on all fighters. Yes he had a bad weight cut one time? Jon was the one completely oversized for his weight class but you already know that. Jon needed enhancements to help get there.

Those grey nobodies from the regional circuit would make a lot of UFC fighters look like bums. You're going to see many fighters from that part of the world start to dominate in MMA.

Khabib himself still rates some of those guys on the level of Gaethje and McGregor in terms of skill.

No they wouldn't. Once I was interested to see who these regional fighters Khabib beat were. Their records are mostly horrendous. You can have a look for yourself if you're interested, but I believe most of them have losing records. His record is more padded than anyone else. He was still the best lightweight in history though purely based on his UFC run. Not hating on him because he's undeniable.

If Weidman had beaten everyone he's fought he would definitely be above Anderson and in GOAT contention.

Anderson x 2, Machida, Mousasi, Rockhold, Vitor, Reyes, Romero, Jacare.

If Weidman had beaten everyone he's fought he would definitely be above Anderson and in GOAT contention.

Anderson x 2, Machida, Mousasi, Rockhold, Vitor, Reyes, Romero, Jacare.

... and my point was if Khabib had fought a murders row like that he very well could have lost, we won’t know because he didn’t take any risks. He sure as fuck wouldn’t have beat Mayweather In a boxing match he would have looked like a retard.

His biggest risk would be fighting GSP in which I bet he’d lose and get jabbed up bad.

... and my point was if Khabib had fought a murders row like that he very well could have lost, we won’t know because he didn’t take any risks. He sure as fuck wouldn’t have beat Mayweather In a boxing match he would have looked like a retard.

His biggest risk would be fighting GSP in which I bet he’d lose and get jabbed up bad.

I don't think Khabib himself can be blamed, he spent years fighting in the little leagues because the UFC largely ignored eastern european MMA for years until Bellator started signing up guys. In the UFC he had a long layoff from injury but have generally fought the best comp he could in his division.

As far as GSP goes are we talking today on prime vs prime? today Georges form is pretty unknown.

I think you could argue as well that Khabib has actually faced better striking than GSP did.

Conor, Gaethje, Poirer, Baboza, Al, RDA, Johnson

vs

BJ, Bisping, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, Alves, Kos

Imagine trying to discredit legendary boxers because of the 20 grey names they faced starting off their pro career. MMA fans, mostly being Conor fans are pure cancer to the sport.

Imagine trying to discredit legendary boxers because of the 20 grey names they faced starting off their pro career. MMA fans, mostly being Conor fans are pure cancer to the sport.

To be fair there was a time things were a bit difference, people mock Japanese MMA for throwing in some easier fights during a fighters best years but the flipside is people often started facing elite comp MUCH earlier in that era.

You actually reorganize the records of guys like say Mirko and out the easier fights at the start and the end result isnt too different except arguably with fewer absolute nobodies.

I don't think Khabib himself can be blamed, he spent years fighting in the little leagues because the UFC largely ignored eastern european MMA for years until Bellator started signing up guys. In the UFC he had a long layoff from injury but have generally fought the best comp he could in his division.

As far as GSP goes are we talking today on prime vs prime? today Georges form is pretty unknown.

I think you could argue as well that Khabib has actually faced better striking than GSP did.

Conor, Gaethje, Poirer, Baboza, Al, RDA, Johnson

vs

BJ, Bisping, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, Alves, Kos

My argument would be GSPs opponents were higher ranked and in a higher weight class plus things like Him coming off long lay off to knockdown and finish Bisping In a weight class above but Juice Hendricks, prime condit, Diaz and alvez just seems like > Coke Conor, poirier and Barboza, imo. Real estate Al and Johnson arent as feared strikers. GSP probably spent more time standing with them as well believe it or not.

My argument would be GSPs opponents were higher ranked and in a higher weight class plus things like Him coming off long lay off to knockdown and finish Bisping In a weight class above but Juice Hendricks, prime condit, Diaz and alvez just seems like > Coke Conor, poirier and Barboza, imo. Real estate Al and Johnson arent as feared strikers. GSP probably spent more time standing with them as well believe it or not.

My point would be that Khabib has actually faced quite alot of dangerous striking talent, arguably more dangerous than GSP.

I think alot would depend on the grappling in that match, not just whether Khabib can get George down but whether his grappling is a threat from the bottom and whether this might force GSP to stand. if George hasnt got the threat of the takedown to keep Khabib at range I could see him losing an aggressive striking match, Khabib isnt technically perfect but does seem quite alot tougher.

My point would be that Khabib has actually faced quite alot of dangerous striking talent, arguably more dangerous than GSP.

I think alot would depend on the grappling in that match, not just whether Khabib can get George down but whether his grappling is a threat from the bottom and whether this might force GSP to stand. if George hasnt got the threat of the takedown to keep Khabib at range I could see him losing an aggressive striking match, Khabib isnt technically perfect but does seem quite alot tougher.

GSP chose to fight bald in the prime of his career and life when he was perfectly capable of growing a full head of nice hair. Even if he were to have lost a step if he were to come back, the extra confidence he would have from a full head of hair would probably be an intangible advantage for GSP.

I have watched them and some of the guys he's fought regionally would absolutely make it to the UFC level if they wanted to. Khabib has said that nothing in the UFC is new to what he's seen before and compares many of his fights to former opponents in regional circuit. He recently said Gaetje reminds him of a few guys he's fought in World Sambo tournies. Stop putting UFC on a pedestal. It's the most well-known marketable franchise, not the most talented.

the only recognisable name is ali bagov aside from that most never really persued mma...whos khabib referring too exactly, is it the famed ashot shahinyan who has a stellar record of 2-5 or maybe said kahilov with another outstanding record of 13-13

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back