Go to Stockholm and watch the event live or stay home and watch it on my TV?

i was at 173 in vegas and going to 184 in LA.. i thought it was worth going. 75$ for top level seats at MGM was a good view but i could definitely see it being different at various arenas, (not sure the specifics on the venue in sweden)

anyway there are lots of subleties that you miss when watching on tv, and the overall atmosphere is insane. plus the intro video they do before the main card gets you so fired up lol.

i would try and go if its practical

missing on the side of going live

Pro: seeing Ughugh passed out in his seat b4 main event even starts.

You think you could jack off at the event? I don't think so. Stay home and get that biceps working.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you think it was so shitty?

I donno man, it was weirds, ive been a fight fan since the late 90's and it was the first event I went to live beside the local fights, I was pumped. All the fights went the distance, the crowed didn't seem to be into it, lots of down time inbetween fights, no alcohol in the seating area and even then they completely cut it off before 12. it was just a weird vibe the whole night, I still enjoyed it don't get me wrong just not half as much as I was expecting. And like I said it wasn't much of a card besides rory mac

Go.
And try to meet Joanne Calderwood (one of the "guest fighters").

I say go. And don't buy an Affliction tshirt.

I also vote to do it at least once. Yay, you won't be able to see it as well and yay it's expensive but it's fun to do at least once and experience it.

I went to UFC 159 Jones/Sonnen in Newark. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be. There was a lot of down time in between fights with nothing going on. The crowd wasn't really engaged and spent all the time in between fights trying to get as drunk as possible. It was a weird vibe the whole time, it was like being an out of towner at a triple A baseball game. I kinda missed the announcers and the other little production features of a TV show. We ended up just watching the fights on the big screen above the cage. We said we wouldn't go back, it's better at home.

You do have to try it for yourself though.

Back