Go to Stockholm and watch the event live or stay home and watch it on my TV?

rularn

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello there fellow sherdoggers! How are you all doing today??

As you can see I'm still a white belt, and for that reason I haven't been to any UFC event yet! But there is one hell of an event waiting just around the corner, in my country this weekend yihaa!!

But, since I don't know what to do, I need your advice, because for what I can see, there are both pros and cons when it comes to stay home or not.

Going to the event and watch it live:
Pros: The atmosphere, the excitement and I can finally experience what it feels like to be at an UFC event live!! Plus, I can see and meet lots of sherdoggers all night long!!
Cons: I need to purchase tickets to Stockholm (~120 usd), entrance fee (70-250 usd), an Affliction tshirt (or similar for around 30 usd) and pay extra for food, taxi's and so on.

Watch it home in my sofa:
Pros: It's free, I can sleep whenever I want (the damn event starts at 2 AM :icon_evil ), better from a viewpoint perspective??
Cons: I won't be there when it happen :(

What do you all guys say?

I have been to many sport events and to be honest, you get a better view from your living room usually. Is this also the case when it comes to MMA?

And two other questions for you guys: Do they hand out earplugs so that we can hear the commentators? And last one: What is better, to buy the most expensive tickets just below the cage or the cheapest ones where the seats are as far from the cage as possible?

Thank you all in advance!

I asked a similar question a week ago. I live in skanstull and thats pretty near the arena so im going and you should too. Ufc doesnt come here very often and this is a monster card they put together!

Attend at least one just because. The first one I went to was UFC 172 and I'll be going to Fight Night Mendes vs Lamas in April. It's a nice atmosphere.

Some people had earplugs, I didn't want them. I don't think they're free.

We sat in the first level above the floor level. Everyone has their preference of where they want to sit but I liked where we were. Be aware of random things in the arena that can obstruct your view.

I went to the first two events in Sweden, and the atmosphere was amazing - unlike any other sporting event I've been to. And Saturdays event is going to put them all to shame. This is the second biggest crowd in UFC history, and we are not going to get a card this good to Scandinavia any time soon, that's for sure.

Anyone saying something about seeing the fights better at home or anything like that, are only trying to convince themselves they aren't missing out due to lack of money, being uncomfortable around people etc.

Btw, why would you have to buy an Affliction shirt lol?

I still dont know wether or not i can bring my own booze tho? Do they check the bags?

Do it up, man. Me and my bro are flying all the way from Canada to be there!

When The Mauler makes his march to the cage nothing will be able to replace being there when it happens.

went to the one they had in Halifax, mind you it was as good of a card but I left that event telling myself I would never go to another one live ever again it was that shitty
But like I said, different event all together, they stopped serving alcohol mid way threw, most of the people I went with (about 12) left before the last 3 fights.

TS you should hook up with iboufring and go together, later have a romantic dinner and long walk through the park on the way back....no romo

Just kidding, you should definitely go.

go live. of course, i'm a NYer... so my position is a bit unique for an American. it's always better at home. you can make/buy whatever food/drinks you'd like, you can pause it and go take a shit, and you can let the dvr give you some "reserve time" while doing these other things. but you still need to see one live.

i've never been to a sporting event (3 UFC events, 1 PRIDE, and maybe 20 hockey games) without wishing I was home in my underwear. and on top of that, you never know what kind of event it will be. if it's a dud, it could be dreadful. but if you haven't been to an event, you need to check one out. an mma event is easily the greatest type of sporting event. and when it's good, it's fuckin amazing. I was at PRIDE 33, and I still get goosebumps when I think back. I watched the intro to the event the other day and felt it. and for the UFC, it's worth the price of admission just to see the Baba O'Riley video

And Saturdays event is going to put them all to shame. This is the second biggest crowd in UFC history,

It's 30.000+ and the second biggest crowd in UFC history? Damn! UFC 129 had 55.000! Damn those wretched, hard-to-beat Canadians!:icon_chee

went to the one they had in Halifax, mind you it was as good of a card but I left that event telling myself I would never go to another one live ever again it was that shitty
But like I said, different event all together, they stopped serving alcohol mid way threw, most of the people I went with (about 12) left before the last 3 fights.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you think it was so shitty?

I went to the first two events in Sweden, and the atmosphere was amazing - unlike any other sporting event I've been to. And Saturdays event is going to put them all to shame. This is the second biggest crowd in UFC history, and we are not going to get a card this good to Scandinavia any time soon, that's for sure.

Anyone saying something about seeing the fights better at home or anything like that, are only trying to convince themselves they aren't missing out due to lack of money, being uncomfortable around people etc.

Btw, why would you have to buy an Affliction shirt lol?

Thank you for your advice!

The Affliction t-shirt was just a joke :)

My dad (who lives in Norway) suggested that we should go. Even with free floor tickets, I'm way too interested in the fight to watch it outside a controlled environment, deeply concentrated.

If gus wins in Stockholm, we'll get another iconic moment like this:
image.axd

but even bigger and crazier because they've been so starved of title contenders.

you lost me at buy an affliction shirt bro...
bgQ69kjQ.jpeg

Depends what your funds are like don't go breaking the bank. But my first was UFC 84 penn vs sherk card it was great. When wanderlei walked out everyone went bananas!! I see the affliction shirt was a joke, well played sir

Back