Go to a UFC event alone?

The only event I went to alone was 129. It was the same as with friends I talked to the people beside me.

I went to Fedor vs. Bigfoot solo and just made friends with the people around me. If you want to go to something, you should go. I think there are some people who just won't have fun alone and if you think you are one of those people don't go, but if you want to go you should go. I'd want to see a show at a soccer stadium.

No way you should go. You will see everyone else there with friends and their girlfriends and you will feel like the world's biggest loser. I'd say there's a solid chance you'll feel so bad about yourself that you question the point of life, you go home and commit suicide after the event. All these Sherdoggies are trying to push you to the edge of suicide. I'm looking out for your well being here when I tell you DO NOT go to the event alone under any circumstances.

And even if you somehow aren't miserable by being the biggest loser there, you could also get gang raped if you go by yourself. Don't do it. You are a great poster who I respect and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you.

I can only speak on my US experience. But I've found the crowds to be very friendly. It's really no different than a concert. You're all there for the same reason, so there's something that binds you as temporary buddies. Plus, you can get into some fun spirited debates with guys who are rooting for a foe (just tread lightly once they start drinking).

I've had only positive experiences, minus the one or two times I've had to scold a boo-bird.

GO! This type of stuff doesn't happen often. You have a fellow Swede fighting in the main event and the atmosphere is going to be rocking. I personally went to a Bellator event last night alone. Nobody is going to notice or care. If you have a good time, that's all that matters

I drove 2 hours and went to 171 alone and had a blast. One deep.

Edit: also, almost every time I've been to a bar to watch a card I've been alone. I just meet people as I go. Usually easy targets to place bets with.

Alright guys! I think Im going then. Any advice? This is my first time after all

Well if I was you I'd wear as much tapout or affliction gear as you've got. It'll show you're a hardcore fan and have supported the sport. The best thing to do if you're alone is just warmup a bit and shadow box a bit in the parking lot. Loosen up and get ready to walk in.

Shoulders back, chest out and mean mug as many people as you can with your chin held fairly high in the air. This will show you're not to be messed with, and that your'e likely with a lot of bro's, they're just not around at the moment. Again, I wouldn't be afraid to put a shuffle in your step here and there and throw a few light feints and toss out a jab or two when you feel the time is right.

Make your way to your seat, and start drinking.

Well if I was you I'd wear as much tapout or affliction gear as you've got. It'll show you're a hardcore fan and have supported the sport. The best thing to do if you're alone is just warmup a bit and shadow box a bit in the parking lot. Loosen up and get ready to walk in.

Shoulders back, chest out and mean mug as many people as you can with your chin held fairly high in the air. This will show you're not to be messed with, and that your'e likely with a lot of bro's, they're just not around at the moment. Again, I wouldn't be afraid to put a shuffle in your step here and there and throw a few light feints and toss out a jab or two when you feel the time is right.

Make your way to your seat, and start drinking.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Ive been to many alone and its not that bad, long as your comfortable doing things alone you should not have any issues and you can focus on the fights and maybe talk to the people around you.

Can i bring my own booze? What kind of drinks do they serve there? How much does a beer cost?

Ive heard a beer is pretty damn expensive

Any grown ass man should be able to spend time alone without feeling insecure. Just go man. If you're an MMA fan, you'll have a good time. The kind of crowd who would judge you are the same people who consciously surround themselves with assholes just to feel like they belong to some sort of scene.

Beautifully put!

I went to 174 alone. Too bad it was a shitty event, but it was ok.

Any grown ass man should be able to spend time alone without feeling insecure. Just go man. If you're an MMA fan, you'll have a good time. The kind of crowd who would judge you are the same people who consciously surround themselves with assholes just to feel like they belong to some sort of scene.

Bolded for truth and emphasis.

This doesn't apply to just MMA. Go to a movie by yourself as a test run, TS. Head to a steak joint. Your thought when wanting to do something shouldn't be "but who will go with me?", it ought to be "I wonder if anyone else wants to come along, because I'm going anyway."

Unless it's sex-making. That's better with a nice girl. Or a dude, whatever you're into, I'm not going to judge but I can't vouch.

I usually go with my one of my gf's it's hard to choose which one though

So i live in Stockholm, actually i live just 20 min away from tele2 arena. I have never been to a live UFC card before but i really want to go to this next FOX card because of obvious reasons.

Here's the thing, almost none of my friends are fight fans and they are broke anyway. I know some fans but we never hang out or anything so it would be pretty weird to "ask them out".

Is it worth it to go alone? It sounds Kinda pathetic, but i want to go so bad. Any advice?

Like most things, it is probably better alone.

Bolded for truth and emphasis.

This doesn't apply to just MMA. Go to a movie by yourself as a test run, TS. Head to a steak joint. Your thought when wanting to do something shouldn't be "but who will go with me?", it ought to be "I wonder if anyone else wants to come along, because I'm going anyway."

Unless it's sex-making. That's better with a nice girl. Or a dude, whatever you're into, I'm not going to judge but I can't vouch.

Would have just done "^" if I had seen this before posting. I completely agree.

Back