"Go order your purple belt" or how Maguiila got his kicks with me

..one day sneak in and swap the purple with a brown belt. Give him a big grin when he notices ;)

And the latest. So I am rolling around with a few people Friday night...Maguilla says "Go get your gi on and bring me the purple belt." He ties it around me, looks and says "eh, looks kind of big, go hang it back up." Everybody is watching like "wow, he may actually get it"...I think everybody except me expected that to be the day. heh.

And the latest. So I am rolling around with a few people Friday night...Maguilla says "Go get your gi on and bring me the purple belt." He ties it around me, looks and says "eh, looks kind of big, go hang it back up." Everybody is watching like "wow, he may actually get it"...I think everybody except me expected that to be the day. heh.

lol- now he's starting to sound like a bit of a dick

Haha, that's pretty fucked up.

ok i'm saving this thread to check on a daily basis

Don't suppose Maguilla may actually be reading this forum too? Which may be adding a bit to the ball busting.. :redface:

ROFL Your instructor must be so fun to learn from

No offense TS, but I'm guessing you had this coming...

Are you one of those guys that asks every other week when you're going to get the next belt?

Those people irritate me to no end.

I hate how BJJ schools have stripes on belts now too. It gives people a chance to complain more often because it's been a month since their last stripe upgrade.

No offense TS, but I'm guessing you had this coming...

Are you one of those guys that asks every other week when you're going to get the next belt?

Those people irritate me to no end.

I hate how BJJ schools have stripes on belts now too. It gives people a chance to complain more often because it's been a month since their last stripe upgrade.

Based on what information are you making this accusation, or is this just a troll attempt. Ask anybody that I roll with if I have ever asked for a promotion or anything of the sort. BJJ has had stripes, since, well, forever.

Based on what information are you making this accusation, or is this just a troll attempt. Ask anybody that I roll with if I have ever asked for a promotion or anything of the sort. BJJ has had stripes, since, well, forever.

Yeah man, stripes have been around for ages. Some clubs use them and some do not, all depends on the instructor.

and if you are so caught up on not worrying about your belt level...
What belt level are you?
If you are a coloured belt take if off, and wear a white belt for the rest of your life, and if you are a white belt...where that for the rest of your life...there problem solved!

Belts/stripes are a means of tracking progress, nothing more and nothing less!

Not ever dude out there falls into the category of "when am i going to get a new stripe/belt", in fact after blue i find most people either die off...or they stick with it, and that is when they realize that it is no longer about the belts...they know that when they are ready they will get the belt, and not a day before!

And to Shadowdean
Any more torture stories regarding your purple belt yet man!?:icon_chee

..one day sneak in and swap the purple with a brown belt. Give him a big grin when he notices ;)

+1

if his personality is what you suggest it is, he must be easy going, might as well get some of your own shots in

Maguilla has been known to read the threads. I know for a fact a few of his friends do so I am sure that he is well aware of this discussion. The cool thing about him is you'll know for a fact that you have EARNED it when you get it.

Keep working and ignore the belt (if that's possible). It will come in due time.

Hahah...Maguilla's bday is coming up this month...so I will be able to dig in a bit on the "old man" haha

Back