Elections Go Joe Biden!

I think everyone here knows my disdain for Trump.

That said I was happy that he beat Hilary and still am.

And if the Dem's put forth Joe I hope Trump thumps him.

There should be no doubt that the electorate wants the system of politics to change. The systems behind gov't, the groups who put candidates in place and propel certain ones over other, do not want change at all. They all have it real good and a constant and ever bloating non changing bureaucracy is good for business. THEIR business.

Citizens time and again make it abundantly clear that they want real change. They want someone who is going to fight for them over establishment interests and every chance the establishment gets it is going to force one decision and one decision only and that is the 'lesser of two evils vote'. Vote for Hilary because she is the lesser of two evils. Vote for Joe for same reason. Neither will give you change but they are not as evil

Well FUCK that.

Obama was the first protest vote. He was voted in as a hoped for agent of big change. He ended up not really being that. Trudeau in Canada too was seen as a change agent. Very little experience in politics, and young so hopefully he would bold. Instead he is the consummate party man.

i was listening to some talking pundit heads this weekends say how the Republican base knew who Trump was but when given the choice of other status quo Repub's they chose a change agent even if that agent might lead to chaos. The risk of change out weighed the clear status quo choice of Jeb Bush type. He said the driving narrative in elections has become change. But then the same guy who made that point shocked me as he then said the Dem's must not risk change and need to stay with a down the middle candidate. I had that 'wait... what?' moment.

Gov't IS broken and its status quo politicians that broke it. And if you allow the current system to say 'the only choice we will give you is the lesser of two evils' then forever more that is the only type of candidate you will get. You guarantee that the party KNOWS they have to do nothing more than that and therefore they won't. So DO NOT, vote for the lesser of two evils candidate. Withhold your vote from the party doing and let them lose and burn or you will never get change that serves the citizens.

https://t.co/1qJaQVlB69

Article on this topic.

The article in short: Democrats should have advantage on immigration and health care if they don’t go too far left.

I don't agree. It seems to me that the best candidates are more polarizing like a Trump, Obama or Sanders. Joe Biden really doesn't inspire anyone, or even really stand for anything. He's the safe, status quo pick for the Dems. If he ends up being the nominee a vote for him is nothing but a vote against Trump which just makes him feel like another Hillary, and even then she had the whole "first woman president" gimmick going for her. Whereas Bernie and some of the others at least stand for something whether you agree or not.

Yes. The voters want real change and that cannot be denied.

Trump had to literally smash the Republican party to bits to force real change as the Party was going to fight it every step of the way and forever. So now one party is smashed, they got change in the form of a despot but change nonetheless.

The Dem's are fighting like hell to not offer change and to squeeze out or crush the elements of change. All the old politicians do not want to give up the comfort of their bagmen and move to this new system of individual voters en masse having a voice. That is too scary. Too random and too many people to try and control. You might actually have to serve them. Better a handful of lobbyists and bagmen, who are easy to buy off and who are willing to buy you off. That is comfortable and knowable and why Biden will never stop courting their fund raisers or whispering to them 'don't worry, things won't change that much with me', if he can have the thinnest veneer to hide it.

He's political comfort food.
For the establishment behind the parties yes.

it is vomit inducing for the masses though.

As long as you have a working class struggling so badly that they're literally killing themselves at rates not seen for a century, you gotta do better than Status Quo Joe.

hio and g'morning xcvbn,

a vote for candidate BIden would not be a vote for the status quo - that would be voting for President Trump.

- IGIT

hello hillelslovak87,

that may be so, but i don't think it'll matter.

Mr. Biden isn't going to lower taxes on the superwealthy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to continue to dismantle the EPA.
Mr. Biden isn't going to pursue an erratic and chaotic foreign policy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to nominate folks that i find abhorrent to the SCOTUS.
Mr. Biden isn't going to terrify voters in middle America.
Mr. Biden isn't going to populate his cabinet with folks who are utterly unqualified to serve.

its enough.

- IGIT
Wait, you consider raising your taxes to be a selling point?

Maybe you should let middle America speak for themselves. You also have no idea who Biden would nominate for the supreme court.

hi Cunningham and good morning,

you'd have said the same thing in a thread that was supportive of Mrs. Warren or Mr. Sanders.

- IGIT

Weird. You just said a few posts up that you thought I supported their policies....

hiya there Cunningham,

like i've said, i think its great that you support a Green New Deal, free State College along with Single Payer.

i believe that in time these things might happen, someday. for example, i believe that sometime around 2100, folks are going to be sympathetic to a Green New Deal - just not in 2020.

keep the faith. i admire it, and in many ways, im onboard to that line of thinking - but i don't believe that the country will be.

- IGIT

Were you... Trolling?

I didn't vote for or otherwise support Trump.

It's obvious that Biden has maybe 1/5 of Trump's energy and he is forgetting basic facts including Obama's name. You have an elite-level candidate in Buttigieg with few to no liabilites to exploit. Buttigieg also appeals to voters in the very states (OH, PA, MI, WI) your team needs to win. If the Democrats fail to nominate him I will laugh. Trump is not even a strong candidate but your team keeps screwing up and taking Ls.

hello waiguoren,

if Mr. Buttigieg strings together a few strong finishes (or wins) in February and can make it to March - or if Mr. Biden falters badly, i think most Democratic primary voters will give the mayor a second look.

*ponders*

he's a gay man, so of course he must enjoy having sex with his husband, Chasten.

i assume that means he's engaged in anal sex and oral sex with Chasten.

In some Democratic circles, the idea has become close to orthodoxy: Buttigieg’s sexuality is irrelevant, especially among Democratic voters, a background issue at best in the South Bend mayor’s unlikely bid for president.

“I’m not sure it’s even an issue in the Bible Belt now,” one voter in Dubuque said.

But there is evidence that anti-gay bias is still likely to be a strong force in the 2020 election — in the primary, particularly as it winds through the American South, and in the general election, if Buttigieg becomes the Democratic nominee.

Nearly 30% of Democratic voters believe it is “always wrong” for “same-sex adults to have sexual relations,” a 2018 poll found. In a poll just last month, 86% of Democrats and left-leaning independents said they are “open” to electing a gay male president — but a majority said they didn’t think the country was ready.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/mayor-pete-buttigieg-gay-2020-win

could this hurt him in a general election against Mr. Trump? i'm fine with it. do you think the general electorate will be fine with it, or am i not giving the everyday-American enough credit in here in the year 2019?

- IGIT

Sanders is the only candidate I see beating Trump, MAYBE Warren. Sleepy Joe doesnt stand a chance. Policy wise I think you have a point but he will get demolished on the stage with the giant cheeto.
Personally I think the dems should go with Sanders.

let's ask the kids

oh wait, no need, you can see it written all over their terrified little faces

i swear the dems are finished if that old fart gets the nod. but as an outsider it would be funny to see creepy joe youtube compilations playing on a projector screen during a debate

heya Lurker,

if you feel that former VPOTUS Biden is a pedophile, or can be portrayed as one by the Trump campaign team...

*shrugs*

i think that's a tough case to make.

Mr. BIden and Mr. Trump are both pretty old. if it comes down to the two of them, i don't think their age is going to be a deciding factor.

- IGIT

He has already proven otherwise:

You are not going to beat Trump with a candidate whose brain is failing. How can you people not see this? The GOP has already started producting attack material on this. Trump set the stage with "Sleepy Joe" six months ago, and Biden keeps living up to it. He forgot Obama's name. He forgot Obama's name.

Did I mention he forgot Obama's name?

You Democrats need to get it together. Your best chance to take the White House is Peter Buttigieg by a country mile. Trump cannot beat him. It would be a political slaughtering.

Stop trolling.

Biden's visible decline is no where near Trump's.

The change from younger Trump to this Trump is stark. Heck even the change from Candidate Trump to POTUS Trump is stark. It is clear the stress of the office and his likely struggling businesses, is having a significant impact on him.

There is a better video than this that i cannot find right now that just shows a collection of video snippets over the years with Trump responding to things and the decline, the lack of dexterity cannot be denied.

There should be no doubt that the electorate wants the system of politics to change. The systems behind gov't, the groups who put candidates in place and propel certain ones over other, do not want change at all. They all have it real good and a constant and ever bloating non changing bureaucracy is good for business. THEIR business.

Citizens time and again make it abundantly clear that they want real change. They want someone who is going to fight for them over establishment interests and every chance the establishment gets it is going to force one decision and one decision only and that is the 'lesser of two evils vote'. Vote for Hilary because she is the lesser of two evils. Vote for Joe for same reason. Neither will give you change but they are not as evil

Well FUCK that.

Obama was the first protest vote. He was voted in as a hoped for agent of big change. He ended up not really being that. Trudeau in Canada too was seen as a change agent. Very little experience in politics, and young so hopefully he would bold. Instead he is the consummate party man.

i was listening to some talking pundit heads this weekends say how the Republican base knew who Trump was but when given the choice of other status quo Repub's they chose a change agent even if that agent might lead to chaos. The risk of change out weighed the clear status quo choice of Jeb Bush type. He said the driving narrative in elections has become change. But then the same guy who made that point shocked me as he then said the Dem's must not risk change and need to stay with a down the middle candidate. I had that 'wait... what?' moment.

Gov't IS broken and its status quo politicians that broke it. And if you allow the current system to say 'the only choice we will give you is the lesser of two evils' then forever more that is the only type of candidate you will get. You guarantee that the party KNOWS they have to do nothing more than that and therefore they won't. So DO NOT, vote for the lesser of two evils candidate. Withhold your vote from the party doing and let them lose and burn or you will never get change that serves the citizens.
I see so much wrong with this but I want to understand the thinking first. Where do you see this going? So let's say a real "political revolution" candidate wins, then what? We suffer 4 years of Trump and all the damage that comes with his victory to see the Sanders agenda get torpedo'd in the Senate?

hello hello, AUR,

IGIT,

If the endgame is to defeat Trump why feign concern about whose policies are going to be passed?

maybe i didn't phrase my concern correctly.

what i was saying is, since i do not believe that Mrs. Warren or Mr. Sanders can actually pass their progressive agenda, i don't see the sense in factoring in their agendas as part of my rationale in deciding whom to vote for.

as a matter of fact, i worry that their policies (which i fully support) will scare away some of the support that they'll need to triumph in a general election against President Trump.

If the endgame is to defeat Trump and two candidates are favored to defeat him, why support the guy with the lesser policies and history of being wrong about everything?

i do not believe in Americans who have answered polls in support of Warren or Sanders in race vs Trump. i don't trust'm to be there when push comes to shove (particularly when the GOP machine begins pushing against either of them, specifically).

and Joe Biden does not have a history of being wrong about everything.

the things that i'm seriously unhappy with (he's going to increase defense spending, and i'm very tired of this shit - and he, like Hillary, gave GWB a green light to invade Iraq in 2002) aren't going to matter to the electorate in 2020.

If the concern is Trump, and his election is widely considered a rejection of establishment politics leaving out the middle class and working class, why would you support an avatar for those politics and risk blow back of an even worse candidate 5 years from now?

i saw the election in 2016 largely as a rejection of Mrs. Clinton (though nationally she did win more votes that Mr. Trump).

i feel that baggage that Mrs. Clinton bought (or that she was saddled with via the endless Benghazi hearings), along with the machinations of the DNC, really turned off the voters that she needed to beat Mr. Trump. i don't see Mr. Biden having the same handicap.

Your logic is flawed and stinks of concern trolling.

Anung, that hurts my feelings. i am not a troll - i just want to win.

- IGIT

heya Lurker,

if you feel that former VPOTUS Biden is a pedophile, or can be portrayed as one by the Trump campaign team...

*shrugs*

i think that's a tough case to make.

Mr. BIden and Mr. Trump are both pretty old. if it comes down to the two of them, i don't think their age is going to be a deciding factor.

- IGIT
full pedo? probably not, but who knows

creepy guy who is really touchy feely, especially with kids? fuck yes. it definitely gives trumps team plenty of ammo

trumps got plenty of accusations against him, and the weird creepy stuff between him and ivanka, yet that hasn't hurt him so far with the rubes so i think he will feel safe to throw some stones from his glass house and take shots at biden.

The debates would be a bloodbath.

hi Cunningham again!

from the 2016 elections;
A YouGov poll found that 57% of Americans declared Clinton the winner, while 30% declared Trump the winner. A Politico/Morning Consult poll showed that 49% of likely voters thought that Clinton won the debate, while 26% thought that Trump won, and 25% were undecided.

do debates even matter?

do people's perceptions of the who won or lost a debate even matter?

- IGIT

Well FUCK that.

I agree with almost all of this post.

The democrat party is dead and hanging on only due to support from the donor class that it serves. They have the media and also to a large extent the DNC so maybe they can pull this off but I am thinking their time is short.

It would be a relief to be rid of Trump but how long can you ride that relief train when the things that got him elected in the first place don't change?

Ill take an economically progressive candidate who wants us out of endless wars and is not beholden to greed and money any day over establishment garbage even with the senate the way it is. It matters little weather Bernie or Elizabeth can get the policies done that they want implemented. Bernie has already spoken clearly about being realistic should he become president. He will fight tooth and nail for every penny that he can. He will use the bully pulpit to activate the voters and pressure the senate and he will get more good done than Biden in every area.

Also consider the policies that WONT get implemented under Bernie or Elizabeth. The backroom deals with wall street and the wealthy that wont happen with them in office. We must consider sins of omission and not just commission.

There is also the change in national discourse over progressive thought that will happen, the legitimization of progressive policies that will reach the ears of millions due to a progressive president (especially Bernie who seems very aware of that need should he win).

Bernie and Elizabeth will change the minds and hearts of many due to not being corrupt tools whose priority is the wealthy over the average person.

full pedo? probably not, but who knows

creepy guy who is really touchy feely, especially with kids? fuck yes. it definitely gives trumps team plenty of ammo

trumps got plenty of accusations against him, and the weird creepy stuff between him and ivanka, yet that hasn't hurt him so far with the rubes so i think he will feel safe to throw some stones from his glass house and take shots at biden.

heya lurker,

i think the Trump campaign team, along with the POTUS himself, have arrows in their quiver that they'll launch at Mr. BIden, but i don't think they'll go the route of portraying him as a pedophile.

framing Mr. Biden as a serial assaulter of women, to me, is kind of a dangerous path for the POTUS.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Back