Elections Go Joe Biden!

IGIT

Silver Belt
Reaction score
ahoy all!

after giving it a bit more thought, i'm hoping candidate Joe Biden thumps his rivals and takes the prize ("the prize" being the Democratic party's nomination to take on President Trump). i am abandoning Mrs. Warren.

i don't believe any of the major policies that Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Warren have proposed have any chance of surviving Senate or House votes (though, generally speaking, i love most of their policy positions), so what's the point? is the point to rally the far left of the electorate only to get crucified in the general?

Mr. Biden will seek to build on the Affordable Care Act, he may even introduce some version of a public option. he supports "free college" at community colleges (so, 2 years of college courtesy of the taxpayers).

i'd like to think the environment is an important issue - but i don't think it is, really - and by the time the shit really hits the fan, just about everyone posting here will be dead and buried, so, who cares?

President Biden will issue some executive orders, and he'll probably undo most of the carnage that Mr. Trump has done to the EPA.

he voted to authorize the 2003 invasion in Iraq, a major, horrific blunder...but eh, nobody is perfect.

in the end, this election is mostly about stopping the cascade of GOP appointments to the SCOTUS and lower courts along with a return to something resembling normalcy.

so...go Joe BIden.

i apologize in advance to Anung Un Rama and VivaRevolution, because i know they are going to be horrified, but i want to win.

- IGIT

GO JOE BIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't know where he is half the time. If it's a dark mark on Trump, it's a dark mark on anyone else..........

He doesn't know where he is half the time. If it's a dark mark on Trump, it's a dark mark on anyone else..........

hello hillelslovak87,

that may be so, but i don't think it'll matter.

Mr. Biden isn't going to lower taxes on the superwealthy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to continue to dismantle the EPA.
Mr. Biden isn't going to pursue an erratic and chaotic foreign policy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to nominate folks that i find abhorrent to the SCOTUS.
Mr. Biden isn't going to terrify voters in middle America in a general election.
Mr. Biden isn't going to populate his cabinet with folks who are utterly unqualified to serve.

its enough.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Your post doesnt make sense.

You said the main reason to go for Biden is to stop trumps appointments. Warren or Sanders would also accomplish that.

Your knock against them is that the house and Senate wouldnt go for their legislation. The house would, its controlled by Democrats. The Senate will not pass a single piece of legislation of any kind from any Democrat. Mitch McConnell has made that very clear.

I fully support Joe Biden in the primaries.

Go Sleepy Joe

https://joebiden.info/
Spread the word and share the link brothers, WE MUST be entertained by the demented gaff master debating Trump

hi 7437!

Your post doesnt make sense.

You said the main reason to go for Biden is to stop trumps appointments. Warren or Sanders would also accomplish that.

i don't think that Mrs. Warren or Mr. Sanders can win in the general, though. i prefer their policies over Mr. Biden's, but none of that will matter if they lose.

what did Al Davis say? Just Win Baby.

Your knock against them is that the house and Senate wouldnt go for their legislation. The house would, its controlled by Democrats. The Senate will not pass a single piece of legislation of any kind from any Democrat. Mitch McConnell has made that very clear.

i'd like to think the House would - but then again the House has already taken a bunch of symbolic votes, votes that are safe to take since nothing would actually happen (just like the lunatic GOP voted to eradicate the ACA a zillion times during Mr. Obama's tenure and knew that nothing would come of it).

i feel kinda cynical about how folks would vote if their vote actually had consequences.

- IGIT

Lmao wow. Anyone who believes in this clown is gullible as fuck. I always knew igit was a well spoken idiot but this confirms his lack of brain cells. Truly remarkable.

Lmao wow. Anyone who believes in this clown is gullible as fuck. I always knew igit was a well spoken idiot but this confirms his lack of brain cells. Truly remarkable.
At least us Biden supporters had enough brain cells not to support an orange, serial lying scam university running, thin skinned, immature reality tv host as our parties nominee.

I hope you're right. The dude's been entertaining as hell, and that's while he's aiming for conventionality and has been bubble-wrapped in favourable circumstances.
I can only imagine the flustered breakdown he's likely to have when he's being frustrated by Trump's reckless mouth and unorthodox approach.
He might start burning crosses on the white house lawn.

hi Natty Dread,

if you believe in a Green New Deal, free State college and single payer healthcare, more power to you.

i mean it.

i just don't think there are enough of you, and big money is going to be arrayed against you.

- IGIT

hello hillelslovak87,

that may be so, but i don't think it'll matter.

Mr. Biden isn't going to lower taxes on the superwealthy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to continue to dismantle the EPA.
Mr. Biden isn't going to pursue an erratic and chaotic foreign policy.
Mr. Biden isn't going to nominate folks that i find abhorrent to the SCOTUS.
Mr. Biden isn't going to terrify voters in middle America.
Mr. Biden isn't going to populate his cabinet with folks who are utterly unqualified to serve.

its enough.

- IGIT

Progress of a kind, I guess.

I hope you're right. The dude's been entertaining as hell, and that's while he's aiming for conventionality and has been bubble-wrapped in favourable circumstances.
I can only imagine the flustered breakdown he's likely to have when he's being frustrated by Trump's reckless mouth and unorthodox approach.
He might start burning crosses on the white house lawn.

heya Prince 'o Pain,

like i said, if you support a Green New Deal, SIngle Payer health care and free tuition at State College - terrific. i'm with you, but i don't think the time is now for that kinda stuff.

i believe its great grist for the mill in the Democratic Primary, and its going to hand Ruth Bader Ginsberg's seat to the GOP when they lose in the general.

- IGIT

I don't agree. It seems to me that the best candidates are more polarizing like a Trump, Obama or Sanders. Joe Biden really doesn't inspire anyone, or even really stand for anything. He's the safe, status quo pick for the Dems. If he ends up being the nominee a vote for him is nothing but a vote against Trump which just makes him feel like another Hillary, and even then she had the whole "first woman president" gimmick going for her. Whereas Bernie and some of the others at least stand for something whether you agree or not.

It's a major miscalculation to believe that simply beating Trump is enough. That going back to the "good times" pre-Trump will solve all of the problems- problems that many with this attitude seem to believe only began when Trump was elected.

You think conservative judges are the problem? Conservative appointments in general? Well I got news for you, Clinton and Obama appointed many conservatives as well. Deregulated wall street, bailed out the banks and made the working class pay for it, accelerated overseas intervention and expansion of empire, etc.

Get the money out of politics. Stop supporting candidates who take corporate money. Because if you don't, the problems won't just persist, they will exponentially get worse.

However, I will compromise with Warren because, while she takes corporate money, she's willing to at least speak the necessary language. Biden is just another neoliberal who bows to oligarchs. And he loses to Trump anyway.

ahoy all!

after giving it a bit more thought, i'm hoping candidate Joe Biden thumps his rivals and takes the prize ("the prize" being the Democratic party's nomination to take on President Trump). i am abandoning Mrs. Warren.

i don't believe any of the major policies that Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Warren have proposed have any chance of surviving Senate or House votes (though, generally speaking, i love most of their policy positions), so what's the point? is the point to rally the far left of the electorate only to get crucified in the general?

Mr. Biden will seek to build on the Affordable Care Act, he may even introduce some version of a public option. he supports "free college" at community colleges (so, 2 years of college courtesy of the taxpayers).

i'd like to think the environment is an important issue - but i don't think it is, really - and by the time the shit really hits the fan, just about everyone posting here will be dead and buried, so, who cares?

President Biden will issue some executive orders, and he'll probably undo most of the carnage that Mr. Trump has done to the EPA.

he voted to authorize the 2003 invasion in Iraq, a major, horrific blunder...but eh, nobody is perfect.

in the end, this election is mostly about stopping the cascade of GOP appointments to the SCOTUS and lower courts along with a return to something resembling normalcy.

so...go Joe BIden.

i apologize in advance to Anung Un Rama and VivaRevolution, because i know they are going to be horrified, but i want to win.

- IGIT

If you want to win, why are you backing a guy with zero chance?

Never "Go" any politician, for me.

Fuck them all. I'll vote for the lesser shitbird, but I'll never cheer one on.

Back