http://www.rockhardformulations.com/product_list.aspx?ID=2

Here's the ingredients profile....the important stuff anyhow:

CEE 4g
Glut. 5g
Glucose crystals 38g
Taurine 1000mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 300mg

Well?

Interesting. That's a lot of caffeine. Sans caffeine, I think this would be a great base for a PWO drink. Just throw in some whey hydrolysate.

I see two uses for this product, but don't particularly like either:

(1) A post-workout formula. As I said above, the inclusion of this much caffeine would cause excess stimulation of the CNS in a PWO situation. This means longer recovery time for the CNS between workouts. You would also need to add protein.

(2) I guess I could see using this (in very dilute form) as an endurance formula, kind of like CytoMax. However, I still think the caffeine ratio would be excessive, and I do not know whether the product has an electrolyte profile.

This could be a good supplement, but there are too many unknowns. I didn't exactly garner much info from the website.

The site's a bit incomplete when it comes to product info.

There are no electrolytes in it persay....just a little phosphorus.

I also think the caffeine is too high, but it's marketed toward the bodybuilder I believe so that would explain it.
They say for PW that the caffeine will help you not to feel so shitty.

What do you think about the use of glucose crystals?

Are you inquiring specifically about the gluicose crystals to increase absorbtion moreso than regular glucose? I have no clue. I don't see how a crystal form would change anything. Even if the glucose was absorbed better I don't know why that would cause more of an insulin spike than normal glucose.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything pertaining to crystal glucose absorption, and nothing about the insulin spike.

Chad Hamilton said:
Come on guys, it's glucose crystals...no opinions?

I know nothing about glucose crystals. Sounds like hype to me.

I've never heard of any research on why glucose crystals would be better. Sounds like the company is trying to make their product sound different and hence better. I would stick to the dextrose and maltrodextrin in PWO shakes for now.

I thought it sounds good from a novelty kinda way, but day in day out, I wouldn't be so sure.
Hype is the first word that jumped into my mind also

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back