Glucosamine for a sprained knee??

mogway

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I sprained my knee pretty bad about three weeks ago in BJJ practise. I've rested really well and iced it three times a day etc... I plan To rest until I feel no more pain at all. The acl isn't torn but it's sprained.
Anyways I'm taking 1 Glucosamine tab and 1 shark liver oil tab every day. I heard this speeds up the healing process of the knee ligament. What do you guys think/ Have you used this in the past? Is it worth it?

Glucosamine is really gaining speed. Actually, they're considering it as a supplement to the surgical treatment of my brother's elbow (he has an extremely rare and serious joint condition). It was actually recommended to him by Eric Heiden, his new orthopedic surgeon, and the greatest speed skater of all time. That was cool.

Shark Liver Oil or Shark Cartilage is a scam.

I posted about something like this, and got flamed. Oh well.
But I just found out I have a torm meniscus cartilage. I might have to have surgery.
So you guys recommend Glucosamine for this?

Madmick said:
Glucosamine is really gaining speed. Actually, they're considering it as a supplement to the surgical treatment of my brother's elbow (he has an extremely rare and serious joint condition). It was actually recommended to him by Eric Heiden, his new orthopedic surgeon, and the greatest speed skater of all time. That was cool.

Shark Liver Oil or Shark Cartilage is a scam.

Eric Heiden! wow I remember him from the team 7-11 days. He had huge legs, very cool guy and great athlete. I wonder if he still rides...

my big toe said:
Eric Heiden! wow I remember him from the team 7-11 days. He had huge legs, very cool guy and great athlete. I wonder if he still rides...

Yeah, this was the first question I asked when I found out my mom and little brother saw him: "How big were his legs?"

MY mom laughed. She said he was a short guy, well built, but looked just like any other doctors. He was wearing pants so she didn't really notice his legs being huge.

I told her she wasn't looking.

Isn't it just for joint pain for the most part. I have lower back issues with a buldged disk and it did not seem to work to well for me.

Back