gloves

mckee220

White Belt
Reaction score
i am 16 years and i dont have enough money to join a gym yet so i got some open finger leather bag gloves the knuckles are hard but still have some give i wanted to know if mma gloves were like this or what the knuckles feel like just so i can see if what i have is close.

some pics or a link of what you have would help. also like baby said, do you wrap your hands?

For heavy bag work I always recommend getting some thai or boxing training gloves as opposed to generic "bag gloves" from everlast or similar products. Remember that the money you spend on gloves is not for brand names or cool looks it is for protection. Quality gloves that will protect your hands and wrists cost money and are worth every penny.

When I began doing bag work several years ago I never wrapped my hands and I used crappy gloves and I seriously jammed and sprained my wrist a few times. Since buying quality gear and hand wraps I have never hurt my hands or wrists.

These are some nice cheap gloves that many people around here have used and like. 16oz would be best for bag work. good luck.

Sparring Gloves - KO Fightgear

yes i do wrap my hands and the gloves i have now are valeo bag gloves i think they are only 6 oz though i fight and hit my bag with them

Typically MMA bag gloves have pretty dense foam in the, so yes they will feel kind of hard. This is so they can take the punishment of hitting the heavy bag. I too would recommend some 16 oz (boxing) bag gloves.

Back