Gloves that you perfer over Winning or Cleto Reyes

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious anybody out there who had a pair of Winning or Cleto Reyes boxing gloves and actually prefer another brand. So I'm curious to read about your guys experiences.

For me, my second pair of boxing gloves were the white Cleto Reyes with the green and red stripe and than a year later I purchase a pair of Classics which became my favorite gloves. Even though the Cleto Reyes is a superior gloves in terms of craftsmanship, I preferred my Classics due to the design of the gloves and feel. Eventually I would like to try Winning, but as for now I like my Classics.

I really enjoy my top boxers. I feel like such a prick for not writing a review, but I've been working tons and my wife haut had a knee surgery so ice been helping her out. Maybe this weekend I can get to it.

yeah Adam! Id love to read a review from you, that would be awesome!

I had some Reyes. Liked them for awhile but then just stopped using them. Probably because I preferred my Twins for Muay Thai....then came the C17's and so on.....so the Reyes eventually ended up getting lost in the shuffle never to be used again.

I own a pair of 16 Reyes and pairs of 16/12/10 winnings. Winnings trump everything I've used so far.

Hayabusa Tokushus are the best I've used otherwise. My Reyes have pretty much fallen out of use.

I really enjoy my top boxers. I feel like such a prick for not writing a review, but I've been working tons and my wife haut had a knee surgery so ice been helping her out. Maybe this weekend I can get to it.

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery and I definitely would like to read your review on the top boxers.

yeah Adam! Id love to read a review from you, that would be awesome!

I'll do my best to get on it asap. I really dropped the ball on writing the review.

We live on the 3rd floor and just have stairs and my wife's recovery isn't going great becaus they do t give any sort of pain killers here in China so I basically carry her up stairs, down stairs, to the bathroom all that....

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery and I definitely would like to read your review on the top boxers.

I'll get on it. Thanks for the good vibes, she's tough so she'll be 100% again soon.

I had some Reyes. Liked them for awhile but then just stopped using them. Probably because I preferred my Twins for Muay Thai....then came the C17's and so on.....so the Reyes eventually ended up getting lost in the shuffle never to be used again.

Hard to beat twins for Muay Thai...

Hard to beat twins for Muay Thai...

I second this as well. My last fight, these were the brands provided for the gloves and shinguards, they felt light and solid. Will be getting a pair myself for regular training/sparring.

I got a pair of winnings 10s second hand and I have to say that I like the safetecs more. The wrist support is substantially better on the Velcro winnings but I felt the safetecs fit my hand better.

I think there are some gloves that may be a better value than Winnings. Spending over $300 on a pair of gloves is a little much but they really are incredibly well made. The leather, the linings are 2nd to none. Ive had mine for years and sure they look a little worn but they still fit and feel great and the leather and padding has held up better than any pair of gloves Ive ever owned.

Guys I can tell you that there are lots of gloves that are a better value than winnings.

If winning is what you want then buy away.

But...topboxer is legit...

Winning will always be my favorite brand but my UMAs and C17s are close behind. Nothing beats Winning though, some gear comes close but never surpasses.

No Winnings, have owned lots of gloves I prefer over Reyes as that's a pretty specific type of glove and not for my taste

Back