Gloves for smaller hands

Tr0gdor

White Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good quality glove that fits on smaller hands. The current gloves I have I'm swimming in them and they feel pretty bulky. My gym requires 16oz.

I just have some gloves they sold to me at my gym. They are Thai leather gloves; no branding.

I had a similar question about a month ago and was led to some gloves made by KO Fight Gear (kofightgear.com). They fit your "small hand" criteria and are good quality, durable (as of the last month at least), and a pretty cheap price I think I paid 35 for mine. You could do a search on the forum, they have a pretty good reputation as a company and as for me personally I would recommend them.

The one issue I would mention is if you are using them for sparring they are a little harder your partner in my opinion than some of the other gloves. I use my IMF Techs to spar and the KOs for the bag, but then again I have seen a multitude of people on here that use them for sparring.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm kind of itching for some new gloves. Might just keep them for bag/mitts and buy some new ones for sparring. I'm around 130-140lb - do you think 16oz is necessary for sparring?

Went through the same thing about 8 months ago, Boons are a great choice. I was replacing my hayabusa, which also fit very well, but now are bag gloves.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good quality glove that fits on smaller hands. The current gloves I have I'm swimming in them and they feel pretty bulky. My gym requires 16oz.

You can get 16oz gloves custom made for your hand size for $68 a pair. Velcro or laces. Any colors you want. Best leather quality I've ever seen on boxing gloves. Awesome for training. You have to say that BEN PETTIT referred you, otherwise the prices run $80-$90 a pair.
check out the website at shevlinboxing.com
email: [email protected]
Your contact is Mona Miceli.

Trogdor burninating the peasants, burninating the country side. burninating all da people.

You can get 16oz gloves custom made for your hand size for $68 a pair. Velcro or laces. Any colors you want. Best leather quality I've ever seen on boxing gloves. Awesome for training. You have to say that BEN PETTIT referred you, otherwise the prices run $80-$90 a pair.
check out the website at shevlinboxing.com
email: [email protected]
Your contact is Mona Miceli.

Trogdor burninating the peasants, burninating the country side. burninating all da people.

Yup. Trogdor is beast.

Thanks for the referral info bro.

But ive got these tiny hands...

burger-king-tiny-hands.jpg

lol jk

Get some Twins. Most people complain about the small hand size but I love them, even more than my Boons. I'm about the same size as you and they were actually a little tight at first but once I broke them in they were perfect.

If your looking for a super small hand compartment you can check these out i was almost pissed at how thigh they were out of the box

Blank Twins Style gloves

I have rajas. I have small hands and my 10's (for pads/bag) are super tight. my 16's also have a tight hand compartment. Stay away from fairtex, my hand swum in those at 16 oz. I have a pair of 18oz Lonsdales that fit....like a glove :icon_chee You may want to look at reyes if you have the cash. I don't like the feel of mine, but the hand compartment of my 16 feels tight for my hands. Also look ar how you're wrapping your hands.

I wrap my hands more or less this way and use a 180" wrap. Sometimes I throw a gauze into too for my right hand.

The extra "cloth knuckles" helps to eat up some room in the hand compartment. I use 5 layers for my right (you'll see what I mean if you watch the vid), 3 for my left in a 16oz glove (i like more support on my left wrist). I can only use two layers for my 10oz rajas though, since they are so tight.

Back