Gloves for an injured wrist?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What would you recommend? I can jab But if i throw a hook i'm worried i will hurt my wrist again.

Right now i have a pair of Top King 12 oz's and they are decent but ive used them alot so the padding isnt as good as new (the hand compartment isnt as tight). I was gonna get some 14 oz top king gloves but maybe you have some better recommendation?

And yeah i strap my hands properly too

maybe some laced gloves?

Hayabusa gloves are my recommendation. Best wrist support for hook n loop on the market. Better wrist support than most lace up gloves as well. The original Tokushu is on sale for $75 if you can find your size. If not Tokushu Regenesis (newest model) is available at www.forzasports.com

FORZASPORTS10 gets you 10% off the order. Free expedited shipping to USA.

Hayabusa gloves are my recommendation. Best wrist support for hook n loop on the market. Better wrist support than most lace up gloves as well. The original Tokushu is on sale for $75 if you can find your size. If not Tokushu Regenesis (newest model) is available at www.forzasports.com

FORZASPORTS10 gets you 10% off the order. Free expedited shipping to USA.

Are they good to clinch with?

Top king, fairtex and twins all have good wrist support for me. Unless you have teeny tiny wrists the twins may not be a good idea but otherwise you can't miss. I like clinching in the fairtex a lot

Bear in mind the wrist support might be fine but your form or wrapping might be lacking.

Idk I do western boxing.

oh, allright. i'll look into the hayabusas though. maybe use them for bag/pad work and spar with top kings.

any other advice how to protect my wrist?

oh, allright. i'll look into the hayabusas though. maybe use them for bag/pad work and spar with top kings.

Honestly, no. The best advice someone told me was to make sure your fist is closed by the time it hits the bag. A properly formed fist is the best wrist support.

However, the best wraps I've ever used are the Winning semi elastic stretch wraps. Hands down my favorite and most supportive. Soft and comfortable as well.

Lol don't spar with bottomed out 12oz, that's brutal

Top kings for bag/pad work and get some 16oz fairtex to spar

You can clinch just fine with the Hayabusa Tokushu. I do Muay Thai and have used them many times.

What size do you recommend? I used 12 oz top kings for muay thai sparring and 16 oz top king for boxing sparring.

But the 12 oz's have quite a bit of padding and i go easy with good control. Other gloves ive tried seem to have less padding and hurt quite a bit to spar with if they're 12 oz.

I had a similar problem when I started boxing. To start with when i wrapped my hands I put less on my knuckle and extra on my wrist. This helped a bit but still felt pain when landing lead hand.

But the problem turned out to be my wrists weren't strong enough. I fixed it by doing a lot of push ups on my knuckles. if you are training boxing your coach will probably have you doing loads of push ups anyway.

If your problem is same as mine (wrist pain when landing lead hook) I reckon this will help you a lot. It should only take a few weeks before you notice a big difference. 😄

Any size Tokushu is gonna protect the hand. Superior padding. The lower in ounces you go...the tighter the fit. I use 16's for everything. I don't buy into this 10 to 12 for bag bullshit. Get some 16oz Tokushu or Tokushu Plus. No better wrist support out there in a velcro glove.

I had a similar problem when I started boxing. To start with when i wrapped my hands I put less on my knuckle and extra on my wrist. This helped a bit but still felt pain when landing lead hand.

But the problem turned out to be my wrists weren't strong enough. I fixed it by doing a lot of push ups on my knuckles. if you are training boxing your coach will probably have you doing loads of push ups anyway.

If your problem is same as mine (wrist pain when landing lead hook) I reckon this will help you a lot. It should only take a few weeks before you notice a big difference. 😄

I have a soft ligament tear, thats the problem.

wait for it to heal then. you shouldnt put your health at risk

It happened back in 2013 and i thought it had healed but september 2014 i injured it again so i took time of training since then. I don't really think it will get any better from this point

It happened back in 2013 and i thought it had healed but september 2014 i injured it again so i took time of training since then. I don't really think it will get any better from this point

Train up your wrist and forearm muscles to take the brunt of the load off your wrist ligament(s); stronger musculature will provide more dynamic stability for your wrist so you won't have to rely as much on your static stabilizers (i.e. the ligaments).

Train up your wrist and forearm muscles to take the brunt of the load off your wrist ligament(s); stronger musculature will provide more dynamic stability for your wrist so you won't have to rely as much on your static stabilizers (i.e. the ligaments).
What rep range? I was training my wrists like a month after with wrist curls or whatever theyre called in the 20 rep range but i think my hand was still not good enough to do any excercises then because it hurt a little bit. Maybe now itll be better

15-20 rep range x 3 sets to build tonic endurance for stability. Enough weight such that you feel tired after but with minimal to no increased pain. Listen to your body. Make sure you cover all four directions (flexion, extension, radial deviation, ulnar deviation), with particular emphasis on the side that corresponds with your sprained ligament.

... Also fap more to build up the wrist musculature in an enjoyable way! :p

Back