Gloves and wraps

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by TPB03, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TPB03

TPB03 White Belt

Ok so in about 2 weeks my weightlifting gym membership expires. I already have a garage full of olympic weights and bars so instead of renewing my membership I am going to sign up for muay thai. I would assume that I need to bring my own gloves. Right now I have a bag in my garage and a pair of 16oz everlast gloves from walmart ( they probably suck )

I would like a new pair of 12oz gloves and I would also need handwraps and ankle wraps. Which gloves & wraps would you recommend? I'm kinda on a budget so I want to see whats the best bang for my buck? also they would need to ship to Canada.

2. dtravis92

dtravis92 Orange Belt

3. Cdn_Fight_Fan

Cdn_Fight_Fan Green Belt

180" mexican wraps fo sho.

4. WestLynnGangster

WestLynnGangster Blue Belt

Can't go wrong with Twins. Good quality product for a good price. You can find them on ebay for around $60 (including shipping to Canada). I got mine from this seller. eBay Canada Seller: muaythai-fighting: Clothing, Shoes Accessories, Sporting Goods on eBay.ca at low prices
    I see it this way, you can get gloves that might be considered better than twins such as Fairtex, Windy, Raja, Boon, King, etc... but you will definately be paying more (Fairtex will probably cost you over $100). Anyways good luck with the search!

5. TPB03

TPB03 White Belt

Ok thanks a lot guys, I went and bookmarked those pages. I'll take a look around and decide from there.

I didn't want to make a new thread but I wanted to know if this gym is legit: Phady's Muay Thai - Cambridge, Ontario

6. dtravis92

dtravis92 Orange Belt

It looks like a legit gym to me, but you should start a new thread. You would be a lot more likely to get a response from someone who has a first-hand experience with them. You can never fully tell how legit a gym is from their website. Definitely start a new thread man.

7. johng333

johng333 White Belt

8. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

9. TPB03

TPB03 White Belt

Those gloves look great along with the review. Is this deal for 39.99 still available? I checked the site but cant seem to find them..

if you have a link to where I can buy these that would be awesome I hope this sale isn't over...

10. dtravis92

dtravis92 Orange Belt

Fairtex Professional Style Training Gloves-www.Ringside.com

thats the link to the fairtex gloves on sale, however you might want to stay away from lace ups, unless you have a coach that will tie em up for you every training session. I doubt ringside will do free shipping to canada either, the coupon probably applies only to the lower 48 states. If they DO ship free to canada, and you don't want to deal with lace ups you should consider their IMF tech gloves, which have gotten great reviews. They are also on sale for $39.99

Limited Edition IMF Tech Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-www.Ringside.com

11. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I own both the Fairtex and the IMF's. Use the Fairtex for bag, IMF for sparring.

12. BrokenNose

BrokenNose Orange Belt

That was one of my concerns when I bought those gloves at first, but for $40, I couldn't pass it up. I knew there had to be some options out there for lace-ups.

Title and Ringside both have an accessory to put hook and loop on a lace-up glove, and that will cost less than $10 without shipping.

I didn't want to buy one of those, so I replaced the original laces with elastic cord. It works awesome, but just takes a little bit of effort putting on the second glove.

EDIT: Good to see my review being helpful :D