Glover's ground game is on another level

I disagree based on that fight. He’s strong as an ox but he was facing no resistance. He took basic positions, couldn’t advance, couldn’t do much damage and only finished when the fish out of water got tired.

Santos accepted glover’s dominance.

Yes, he does keep it basic, but he is very active.

Always passing, and he got in a good amount of ground and pound.

Nothing tires you more on the bottom than your opponent passing, you get back to guard, he passes again, you get back to guard, repeat...... add in getting hit while doing this and it is only a matter of time before you give up your neck.

Yes, he does keep it basic, but he is very active.

Always passing, and he got in a good amount of ground and pound.

Nothing tires you more on the bottom than your opponent passing, you get back to guard, he passes again, you get back to guard, repeat...... add in getting hit while doing this and it is only a matter of time before you give up your neck.
I understand, but Thiago didn’t even do anything. He laid there and took it and still gassed out. Not to mention jumping in the guard of the guy you just dropped after he dominated you for two straight rounds.

Lol a 16 noob...
Yeah, anyway. Bye.
You may be the first retard to ever think that somebody saying a fighter in a different weight class has objectively better TDD than a higher weight class fighter means he'd beat the higher weight class fighter in a fight. Go understand the concept of weight classes and pound for pound then come back.

I think texiera has the strongest ground and pound...with minimal space needed. His fists are like rocks. When he mounted and finished anthony smith was amazing the energy he still had

Post Fedor/Shogun its prolly Luke

turned Weidmans face to hamburger meat. Concussed Lyoto with an elbow and was tripping into his corner after round ended. Made David Branch (who KTFO Santos in half a round) tap to sturikes from his GNP

Everybody know Glover on the ground is a beast, aside sherdog i guess..

Santos is dangerous on top usually, but on his back he literally looks like a white belt. Didn't even try to get his legs into play when Glover was in side mount.

I understand, but Thiago didn’t even do anything. He laid there and took it and still gassed out. Not to mention jumping in the guard of the guy you just dropped after he dominated you for two straight rounds.

No doubt Santos made it easier for him.

Santos has no fucking clue how to get off his back. He's not even trying to sweep
Well Glover is a BB himself and very heavy on top. It's not easy to "sweep" when you're getting punched.

The weirdest part of it was glovers sub line was almost the same as ko line.. +600/+650

Don't know how Santos TDD was so atrocious, like if you are not fully confident after your surgery and capability to grapple why even return? Glover looked the same, old and slow and on wonky legs as soon as he got hit. I mean I guess it's cool that he has good recovery and he can turn fights around when the other guy is pretty hapless on the ground but this guy is like 10 years removed from his prime and significantly slower than he was when he fought JJ, yet he's the clear #1 contender.

Pretty terrible division overall, prob the weakest it has ever been since pre 2000 days.

Well Glover is a BB himself and very heavy on top. It's not easy to "sweep" when you're getting punched.
Where was the effort though? No bucking, no bridging, no feet at all, no hips at all, no threat of a submission, no attempt to escape. He did nothing at all.

You may be the first retard to ever think that somebody saying a fighter in a different weight class has objectively better TDD than a higher weight class fighter means he'd beat the higher weight class fighter in a fight. Go understand the concept of weight classes and pound for pound then come back.
Yet you only said Gaethje s TDD was a million times better. Nothing implied there. Uneducated fool.

In terms of top game I think Glover legitimately has one of the best in UFC history. I think Luke Rockhold has the best top game overall but Glover definitely up there.
They are both great at passing guard and doing a shit ton of damage whenever they get opportunities on top

To be honest, i think you're right. He was very stagnant on his back.

Rofl I was just watching the recap of the end of the fight and Santos was on top and landing GNP and I was like hmm, maybe I misjudged him. Then Glover swept him like it was nothing and submitted him in 20 seconds.

nevermind.

looks like santos gassed too and gave up. glover was too much for him.

Rofl I was just watching the recap of the end of the fight and Santos was on top and landing GNP and I was like hmm, maybe I misjudged him. Then Glover swept him like it was nothing and submitted him in 20 seconds.

nevermind.
i thought glover was in trouble too, haha. santos probably blew his load tryna finish to give him the benefit of the doubt, howvever, his blackbelt is a little dubious.

I think some of these fighters from Brazil are mcDonald black belts especially these pure striker types. Thiago Santos is a BJJ black belt

Although Glover is a second degree black belt

It has to do more with liking to do.

Back