Glover warns Izzy the size differece metters the pressure and fatigue are different

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/259668-dan-roberts this is the record off the 1 hw kickboxer Izzy faced
I was just going to say that - his fans always bring up that the fought HW in kickboxing - but he basically fought cans.

As soon he started to step up competition in kickboxing he lost - 2 Dec and a KO.

That said his style is great for mma and he takes advantage of the subpar stand up skills of mma fighters - he is also aware that small gloves change everything (see Saki being way over confident and getting KO'd by Roundtree).

One thing people need to understand.. It is also possible to TKO someone with well placed shots, you just need to generate enough amount of power with accuracy. Throwing Ngannou bombs is one thing, being accurate af and still transport power in it is another level.

Normally this would be a lock for Izzy for me, but the past couples of days there has been a number of crazy upsets so I probably won't be surprised if Jan can surprise Izzy with his own counter striking while matching Izzy's leg kicks with his own.

But Izzy may be too slick for Jan to drag him down to the ground if need be though, unless Izzy is actually bulking a bit to make 205 (which he isn't apparently).

One thing I have noticed is that if an opponent is in a mostly defensive stance like Romero, Izzy has a hard time getting through that kind of defense other than leg kicks here and there since Izzy only has his stand-up to rely on most of the time.

So what happens if Izzy's leg kicks get matched or neutralized?

Normally this would be a lock for Izzy for me, but the past couples of days there has been a number of crazy upsets so I probably won't be surprised if Jan can surprise Izzy with his own counter striking while matching Izzy's leg kicks with his own.

But Izzy may be too slick for Jan to drag him down to the ground if need be though, unless Izzy is actually bulking a bit to make 205 (which he isn't apparently).

One thing I have noticed is that if an opponent is in a mostly defensive stance like Romero, Izzy has a hard time getting through that kind of defense other than leg kicks here and there since Izzy only has his stand-up to rely on most of the time.

So what happens if Izzy's leg kicks get matched or neutralized?
somentimes power beats accuracy Ngannou vs Rozenstruik comes to mind for example

I was just going to say that - his fans always bring up that the fought HW in kickboxing - but he basically fought cans.

As soon he started to step up competition in kickboxing he lost - 2 Dec and a KO.

That said his style is great for mma and he takes advantage of the subpar stand up skills of mma fighters - he is also aware that small gloves change everything (see Saki being way over confident and getting KO'd by Roundtree).

Exactly, because those two decision losses to Pereira I and Wilnis were definite, clear decisive losses, hahahaha

Nobody knows about Israel and the ground...... either way. I dont want to see Izz Jan for different reasons. I dont even know why such a fight was entertained- let alone announced by Dana. People who think Adesanya doesnt have a chance are not the brightest group. Glover shouldn't be warning Israel- that's only going to make the -300 favorite want the fight more. Glover should continue to posture himself as the next in line and do it to the point where Dana is like " ok, let's just do it". Hes already on the fence.
Btw, Jan finishes Glover inside first round. Jan should be pushing for Glover fight.....he gets to win title and have a defense

Oh Izzy has a chance, for sure. I just don't think it will be nearly as easy as a lot of people believe it will be. I don't like this fight very much either. Jan is a very good fighter, but it seems early in his title "reign" to have him defend the belt against the MW champ. I mean, I think he should at least defend the LHW title once before this fight happens. Not that Jan has no credibility as the champ, but they're putting him in this superfight right away, clearly to make Izzy a bigger star. There is still this journeyman label attached to Jan in the eyes of a lot of people, and a win over Glover before he gets to fight Izzy would give him a ton more credibility as the champ, and therefore make it an even bigger achievement if Izzy then beats him. But I'm not sure Jan beats Glover. That's a tough one to predict, I find.

When it comes to Glover, I mean, I'm not surprised he's commenting Izzy's move up in such a manner...I wouldn't be expecting him to just say "Yeah, great move, you'll get such an easier time at 205 mate, it's a weight class set at 20 pounds over yours, but that doesn't mean anything, and that doesn't translate into any type of problem you haven't encountered before". Maybe that's gonna motivate Izzy even more, but I doubt this will have any impact at all to be honest. Dana won't consider either guy's opinion or details like this when he decides to make this fight or not. I'm not sure where they're at with the negotiations, but my understanding was that this was "planned" already. As you and I know, "plans" in the UFC tend to change quite a lot unless an official bout agreement is signed.

Doesn't matter because izzy is facing a weak LHW champ.. be honest Jan has not improved that much..

Bader.. Jones.. Gus.. DC.. Rumble just left the division

Love how hater gimmick accounts give away their gimmick with their AV. Thanks TS......

i don t mean to downplay Izzy she's a fighter i like to watch and his striking is a thing of beauty but let us hold ourselves a little bit down before we turn him into the next mcgregor
God, I hope not.

And now he's back fighting cans again, only the pay is better.

does Izzy has a better ground game than Santos who is a bjj black belt
Santos looked like a yellow belt on Saturday.
It reminded me of classic grappler vs striker fight from Pride era.

Who has he knocked out? Whittaker wasn't ever knocked out. Costa wasn't ever knocked out. Brunson wasn't ever knocked out. You must be talking about non UFC? ??????
They were all knocked out. What the hell are you talking about?
TKO is a knockout.
Take away the ref, those guys would have been dead.

He amplifies his power with accuracy. But he hasn't really shown raw KO power much at any point in his ufc career. True ko power is the ability to force the issue with it. Where izzy has to look for counter opportunities to land substantially when the opponent isn't prepared. Not that that's a bad thing as he does it extremely well, but it is what it is. He isn't much of a power striker. Guys at lhw are going to hit harder than him for sure, and if he gets caught up in grappling out muscle him.
Well by that strict definition almost no lbody has KO power, if it means they go to sleep.
You're just being sad at this point dude.
Even when Lewis KOd Tyson, Tyson was fully moving his jaw in the direction of the punch, amplifying it's power. So what was that? Accuracy and timing. Like all KOs.

Izzy used to spar with AJ. AJ said he was he was legit and that Izzy got the best of him a lot during sparing.

Back