Glover warns Izzy the size differece metters the pressure and fatigue are different

Not really, both were average. Neither had an exceptionally good ground game like you're claiming to say Santos has? Just because Santos is a black belt doesn't mean much. Jones was a white belt and subbed black belt Vitor.

Glover had a good win Saturday, he wins that fight maybe 5/10 times though. He barely won and was in danger. He didn't dominate Thiago, he didn't dominate Anthony Smith and he's past his prime.

If you think he "crushes" Izzy you're an idiot. It's as simple that.
Arrogant analysis. Glover is taking damage from much bigger guys and still finds a way to win, and as far as we know Israel does actually have problems on the ground (nobody since Vettori really tried to take him down). If Israel finds his shot, Glover will crumble. This was basically everyone's analysis before he choked out Thiago, and before he literally beat the teeth out of Smith (who was the favorite to win against Glover).

Arrogant analysis. Glover is taking damage from much bigger guys and still finds a way to win, and as far as we know Israel does actually have problems on the ground (nobody since Vettori really tried to take him down). If Israel finds his shot, Glover will crumble. This was basically everyone's analysis before he choked out Thiago, and before he literally beat the teeth out of Smith (who was the favorite to win against Glover).

Nothing I said discredited Glover, both were great wins but everything I said was correct, he was taking hard shots in both fights before he turnt it around. However the narrative in this thread is that he smashes everyone which is far from the case. Those "bigger guys" Glover is taking damage from are former MW's. Which is exactly what Izzy is, except he's more than a gatekeeper at MW which is exactly what both Santos and Smith were at MW.

It may come across as shitting on Glover and I'm really not, but just because Glover beat Santos doesn't mean he'd "crush Izzy".

Also we don't know if Israel has problems on the ground, he lost one round against Vettori in a fight he still won. People have rose tinted glasses from that fight, Izzy clearly won 2 rounds to 1. The split call wasn't really deserved. It's not been proven he has problems on the ground at all...yet.

Last edited:
Nothing I said discredited Glover, both were great wins but everything I said was correct, he was taking hard shots in both fights before he turnt it around. However the narrative in this thread is that he smashes everyone which is far from the case. Those "bigger guys" Glover is taking damage from are former MW's. Which is exactly what Izzy is, except he's more than a gatekeeper at MW which is exactly what both Santos and Smith were at MW.

Also we don't know if Israel has problems on the ground, he lost one round against Vettori in a fight he still won. People have rose tinted glasses from that fight, Izzy clearly won 2 rounds to 1. The split call wasn't really deserved. It's not been proven he has problems on the ground at all...yet.
There is no rose tinted glasses. Vettori is a terrible grappler and Glover won ADCC South America in 2009. If Vettori was able to simply hold him down, Glover will be able to get a submission.

It may come across as shitting on Glover and I'm really not, but just because Glover beat Santos doesn't mean he'd "crush Izzy".

no narrative i was just quoting what Glover saidyou can call smith and santos gatekeepers but they did way better than former champs like weidman and rockhold hell the one ko loss yoel romero has was in ligth heavyweigth probably the reason why he decided to drop down

Jan will hopefully knock him out cold.
Gyno-Izzy looks like a scary version of Izzy tho.
Gyno-Izzy, is evil Izzy, Izzy with power (st*roid) etc

That gyno will add Izzy -100 in favouring odd in itself

There is no rose tinted glasses. Vettori is a terrible grappler and Glover won ADCC South America in 2009. If Vettori was able to simply hold him down, Glover will be able to get a submission.

If my car had wheels it'd be a bike. MMA math doesn't work.

You're looking at the fight as the same Adesanya who faced Vettori in his 2nd UFC fight is the same Izzy who is currently champ and that Glover who is out of his prime would crush him.

If you watch any Glover fight, he doesn't use his subs unless he absolutely has to. Most of the time he'll stand with guys.

no narrative i was just quoting what Glover saidyou can call smith and santos gatekeepers but they did way better than former champs like weidman and rockhold hell the one ko loss yoel romero has was in ligth heavyweigth probably the reason why he decided to drop down

What does Romero's LHW loss to Cavalcante (a legit challenger) have anything to do with this conversation?

Nothing you said was what Glover quoted, unless Glover's quotes made absolutely 0 sense.

If my car had wheels it'd be a bike. MMA math doesn't work.

You're looking at the fight as the same Adesanya who faced Vettori in his 2nd UFC fight is the same Izzy who is currently champ and that Glover who is out of his prime would crush him.

If you watch any Glover fight, he doesn't use his subs unless he absolutely has to. Most of the time he'll stand with guys.
If a guy looks exposed in one aspect of fighting, and the guy he's theoretically matched up against is known for being outstanding in that aspect, how could you call that MMA math????? Like Weidman loses by KO aplenty, so if people expect him to lose, they'll expect a KO loss.

What does Romero's LHW loss to Cavalcante (a legit challenger) have anything to do with this conversation?

Nothing you said was what Glover quoted, unless Glover's quotes made absolutely 0 sense.
it has to do with the difference in power lhw pack copared to middle weigths and those were glover exact words

to be fair kelvin and yoel took him down on the 1 take down they attepted and Rob and Costa only went in there to Strike
Yeah I don't remember every detail from these two 5 round fights, but they couldn't hold him down or make the ground control significant enough to win a round...?

But hey, if both men managed to take him down at some point, for sure having bigger guys on top of you won't be any easier on the "stamina meter".

I'm personally not really a fan of these moves up a weight class, but at least Izzy has the height and reach to help him transition successfully. And the striking style too.

People were talking about Costa being bigger than Jan Blachowicz, and actually belonging to 205 rather than 185...being ballooned up with muscle doesn't make Costa as big framed a man as those LHW behemoths, and it doesn't make him as competitive in terms of reach either...can't imagine him being incredibly successful on the feet against the Rakics, Prochazkas and Reyes of this world, given his striking style especially.

Guy has an Izzy KO'd avatar and used Glovers statement as a scape goat to bash IZZY's power.

Fighter bashing.

If a guy looks exposed in one aspect of fighting, and the guy he's theoretically matched up against is known for being outstanding in that aspect, how could you call that MMA math????? Like Weidman loses by KO aplenty, so if people expect him to lose, they'll expect a KO loss.

Because there's a history of Weidman losing by KO, awful example. You're using that same logic to discredit Izzy's ground skills when the only fight they've been tested, he still won the fight.

You're using the logic because Vettori took Izzy down, Glover will do the same. Which isn't the case. There'd be a higher chance of Izzy KO'ing Glover than there ever would Teixeira grapplefucking him.

it has to do with the difference in power lhw pack copared to middle weigths and those were glover exact words

Not really, each fighter is different, it's not to do with the weight class.

Santos and Smith were average MW's who moved up and found success. Weidman and Rockhold not so much.

MW's have moved up to LHW and found power they never really had so that example doesn't work.

Because there's a history of Weidman losing by KO, awful example. You're using that same logic to discredit Izzy's ground skills when the only fight they've been tested, he still won the fight.

You're using the logic because Vettori took Izzy down, Glover will do the same. Which isn't the case. There'd be a higher chance of Izzy KO'ing Glover than there ever would Teixeira grapplefucking him.
you are such a goof bro i'm done

to be fair kelvin and yoel took him down on the 1 take down they attepted and Rob and Costa only went in there to Strike

Really???
upload_2020-11-10_12-11-37.png
SNAGHTML5a940c.PNG

SNAGHTML5acccf.PNG

The size will play a big factor going from MW to LHW, just like LHW to HW. Fighters can do in the lower classes and get away with it, but the higher you go the tougher it is. It's a 20 lb jump. We saw the size difference between Jan and Costa at he 253 press conference, Costa is a big man and Jan was visibly a weight class larger. And Izzy is not putting any size on for LHW. He will feel it in the clinch, the power shots and the ground game.

Back