Glover vs OSP: Your take ? (with GIFs)

Grappling Magic

SAKU BELT
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't know. Sure, congrats Glover on Your RNC win AND props for checking on OSP immediately afterward and for the honorable bow. But this fight left me wanting ALOT more action. They both seemed gassed b4 the end of the 1st round. Only other thing is that OSP DESPERATELY NEEDS to work on his TDD. He got picked up and tossed around like a sack of taters tonight. Your thoughts?

tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o1_400.gif

tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o3_400.gif

tumblr_lwqafrqASi1r4gei2o6_250.gif

9LiU1s6.gif

southpark-references-cripplefight1.gif

Last edited:
I don't think Teixeira looked too gassed, he's just slow.

I think it was two good grapplers and Glover was just better.

I came away thinking similar to you. OSP looked sloppy as he always is. He's not improving in his TDD or tightening up the holes in his grappling game.

I also thought Glover looked very hitable and slower. I worry he's on the downside of his career.

Neither guy seemed like the next contender at 205.

I thought quite the opposite.

OSP showed he can tag and KO any opponent.
Glover showed he got a chin, and that he is a thinking fighter. he changed his strategy in the first, adapted and neutralized OSP.

GLover was not gassed. OSP was.

I was sold on OSP's wrestling after Bader......

OSP doesn't really have a huge advantage in stand up vs. Glover...
We all know the skills difference on the ground....

Reminded me a lot of Cormier vs Rumble.

Talented striker landed some heavy hits in the 1st round.

Other guy grapples him, GnPs, wears him over a couple rounds, locks in the RNC.

OSP seems like he trained using the same book as Rumble...

Yea I don't think Glover looked all that gassed. Does anybody else find it funny that they always say that OSP is a great wrestler but he's always easily taken down by wrestlers?

BOTH, excellent points which left me wondering what the hell happened tonight? I'm starting to think OSP underestimated Teixeira. Overconfidence got him choked out unconscious in his "hometown" tonight.

I'm not sure if you're joking or didn't watch the fights but he was taken down multiple times in those fights. I think OSP overestimated himself and bought in to the hype that he was somehow a top 5LHW

Glover isn't a fast twitch type of guy. He's a lumbering fighter with heavy hands. He has great wrestling though, and his top game is legit- among the best in the division. He wasn't gassed IMO.
OSP was tired after 1 round, and although he had his moments, Glover won every round up to that sub. All in all a good showing by Glover and nice to see him get the W as an underdog. I think people were underrating him because of his last performance.

I'm not sure if you're joking or didn't watch the fights but he was taken down multiple times in those fights. I think OSP overestimated himself and bought in to the hype that he was somehow a top 5LHW

Besides that crazy counter he nailed Shogun with I've never been sold on OSP. Dude is an athlete not really a fivghter.

I thought quite the opposite.

OSP showed he can tag and KO any opponent.
Glover showed he got a chin, and that he is a thinking fighter. he changed his strategy in the first, adapted and neutralized OSP.

GLover was not gassed. OSP was.

These are my thoughts as well.

I was happy to see Glover get the win. He's one of my favorite fighters.

Glover isn't a fast twitch type of guy. He's a lumbering fighter with heavy hands. He has great wrestling though, and his top game is legit- among the best in the division. He wasn't gassed IMO.
OSP was tired after 1 round, and although he had his moments, Glover won every round up to that sub. All in all a good showing by Glover and nice to see him get the W as an underdog. I think people were underrating him because of his last performance.

Agreed, Glover didn't look gassed at all (a bit tired maybe, but his output stayed consistent throughout).

Dude is just a slow fighter, who makes up for it with power (and, surprisingly, brains/craft). Glover fought an intelligent fight against OSP and grapplefucked him unconscious after having a bit of a scare on the feet. Ain't no reason to be mad at that. Glover showed he still has at least a couple of quality fights in him.

OSP on the other hand...I don't hold much hope out for him fixing his problems, especially given his age and how reliant his game is on his physical gifts. You need technique and fight IQ as you start to slow down. OSP demonstrated neither tonight.

I actually think both guys looked decent. OSP came out with his trademark style, which has in the past been both a blessing and a curse. He was weak in the areas we expected him to be, so I can't say he looked bad. He looked like himself.

Glover showed some early toughness and adapted as he needed to go get himself out of trouble and turn the tables. While OSP did gas pretty hard (this was painfully evident just looking at him before R3 began), Glover did not - he's just a pretty slow guy. Strong, technical, and tough, but not very quick.

TL;DR, OSP shined bright early, but ultimately got outfought by a more experienced guy with a far more diverse skillset. Neither guy is, IMO, a major threat to Jones or Cormier. OSP has arguably more upside given his athletic gifts, it remains to be seen if he'll make use of that.

Back