Glover Teixeira vs Pat Cummins for UFC Fight Night Brazil

Meh. No interest in this fight.

Glover is facing the guy who lost by KO to the guy he just beat? Lol.

Just looked at the rankings, and none of the fights that are currently on make any sense whatsoever.

DC/Gus for the belt? Meh, okay, I can understand even if Gus is coming off a loss to the guy DC just beat.

That's out the way.

Ranked number 1 Johnson is fighting ranked number 7 Manuwa? Meh. Gus (who lost to AJ) already destroyed him easily, mismatch.

Ranked number 3 Glover is fighting ranked number 10 Cummins? LOL. C'mon son.

Those two fights make zero sense. Unless the UFC is hoping Manuwa and Cummins pull off the upset to build two new contenders, but doubtful given both of their recent losses (OSP and Gus).

Johnson should be fighting Glover. Rashad/Bader, that's fine. Manuwa should be fighting Cummins. Shogun/Rampage collide and Blachowicz should be fighting Lil' Nog.

Weird match up but with the way LHW is right now I'm really not surprised, what were the alternatives?

Cummins is going to have a tough time trying to wrestler Glover, I think Glover takes this but Cummins did look pretty damn good in his last fight.

Glover all day

UFC should give Cummins Lil Nog, Rampage or Shogun because of rankings and legends he would have to over come before leap frogging to the #5 guy.

My opinion

Glover has done nothing but decline in performance and opponents since vs Jones.

Probably because he was fighting guys outside top 15 until he got his TS except maybe Bader was inside 15 when they fought.

If Cummings is smart he will study some serious tape from Glover vs Phil becuase Glover still has a name but could very well be ragdolled again.

Load of horseshit. Rampage was top ten when Glover fought him.

I think this is a great fight because it is putting Cummins in a position to prove his worth. He's 8-2 off a great win off of a former Champion which put him in the top 10. Glover has been at the very top and fought the champion (former, stripped, never defeated that is), and this is still a top 10 win for him, solidifying his claim at the top, especially if it is decisive.

If Glover wins, it verifies he belongs in the top 5.

If Cummins wins, it verifies he is still improving and deserves to be in the top 10.

Not sure how many of you are actually MMA fans, but this is a great opportunity for both fighters.

This will be another setback for Cummins. Glover is too much too soon.

Glover RD1 (T)KO

Big time.

Lose/ lose for him. There is always the chance he gets wrestled to a decision. He wins and he should have, he loses and he is terrible.

Cummins is top 10 based on merit. It is a shallow division, and these fights are great based on ranking. Who would you rather have Glover fight at 205?

Rashad is fighting Bader, Cummins can win and be catapulted into the mix from #10, Glover can win and solidify his claim to a title shot by beating a top 10 fighter.

Thank God Sherdogger's don't have a say in matchmaking or we'd see the same 5 guys play round robin without ever seeing new blood in the mix.

This will be another setback for Cummins. Glover is too much too soon.

I agree with this. You never know, though. Cummins has solid wrestling, and we've seen Glover get a decision L from a guy who doesn't even fight in the UFC anymore. I think it is a good opportunity for both fighters. Cummins can prove he belongs in at the top, and Glover has a chance to shake off the image that he has zero wrestling.

Isn't cummins over 30 already? I don't see how it's a setback when he is getting old lol. He needs to get these type of fights asap if he wants a title shot before he gets too old.

"You know that guy you beat a few weeks ago? Now youre gonna fight the guy he knocked out a few months ago."

Glover could have waited for Rumble/Manuwa and fought the winner. I'm really high on Cummins though, he has solid wrestling but his striking defence seems a bit porous, would rather have him fight someone like Blachowitz but he is already like 34 so he needs to move quickly.

Glover is going to completely destroy him.

Cummins won't be able to take him down and will get punished. Too soon for him.

Back