Glover Teixeira vs. Jimi Manuwa Set For UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I'm thinking Manuwa. Glover is on the decline at this point of his career. He's been around since Chuck and Rampage era

Big glover fan but yeah i think he's done. Manuwa probably finishes him.
Manuwa ground game is very shitty though, maybe Glover takes it by submission after getting a takedown but that's very unlikely.

Anyway, terrible main event. Manuwa is on a loss streak and Glover hasn't been the same.
On his prime, Glover would have KO'd Corey Anderson inside 2 minutes. He was much faster, great KO power, good boxing, could grapple just fine. Nowadays he's one of the slower light heavyweights and has shit defense, doesn't move his head.

Glover isn't what he used to be. Jimi should win this.

2yrs+ ago, Glover by ko/tko

Both fighters are Chinny but moves too slow so I got Manuwa by brutal ko

The loser of this fight is in a bad place.
I think Manuwa is too quick and will land the left hook.

Manuwa. Although people say Manuwa is chinny, he was KOed by the same guys that KOed Glover also. Glover hasn't fought Volkan but the outcome would have been the same

Bad main event. But hopefully this means awesome 229, 230 cards.

I guess Jimi knocks him out.

Glover took massive damage from Gus and Jones and hung in there. He’s older and more fragile but still tough. Manuwa has been KO stiff at least 3 times since he’s been in the UFC

Manuwa. Although people say Manuwa is chinny, he was KOed by the same guys that KOed Glover also. Glover hasn't fought Volkan but the outcome would have been the same

Only Rumble has KO’D him

Only Rumble has KO’D him
8FF7E253-E07B-4F03-8333-0BB2BDFCA9F3_zpsbcl4ylq7.gif

KO TKO Glover was still out of his feet

As chinny as Jimmy is, he's way faster than Glover. If he catches him early, Glover goes DC to sleep. One clean shot from Glover and Jimmy be will staring the lights.

8FF7E253-E07B-4F03-8333-0BB2BDFCA9F3_zpsbcl4ylq7.gif

KO TKO Glover was still out of his feet

And look what round that is. Glover took a lot of damage. Manuwa goes out with the first flush shot that lands on him. I’m just saying people who think this is easy for Jimi are ludicrous. He just came off a loss to the worst conditioned LHW in the division (blachowitz)

I really hate this match, another old shot guys fight to protect their rankings while keeping Reyes and the other real contenders down. Both these guys should give younger guys a shot to prove their still elite this is why people think LHW has gone downhill they fight each other in a who cares match.

Do people realize that you actually need to hit your opponent clean to take advantage of him being chinny? Glover's striking looked garbage against Corey Anderson of all people..

That's an exciting fight. Probably winner in 1st or 2nd round. Heart says Glover, I think he still has it. He has huge advantage in wrestling/BJJ and his shots are still heavy. Manuwa took a lot of damage in last fights also but he has a decent chance to catch Glover.

Sad for Glover... rushing to end that contract. Thinking Jimi by finish...

Man they both need this W, Glover’s last outing was rough, Jimi can’t afford a 3rd L.

They both can crack, I’m just not confident in Jimi’s chin, I see Glover landing one of those left hooks and putting Jimi out.

Back