Glover Teixeira vs. Anthony Smith

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In my opinion this is the right fight for both men, and for fans.
#3 Smith (30-14, 8-4 UFC, 4-1 at LHW) vs. #9 Teixeira (30-7, 13-5 UFC)
be4a59ba613f34863853d32c961b2f3d.png

With his win this past Saturday Glover is now on a 3 fight win streak, in which he beat 2 promising young talented light heavyweights in Krylov and Cutelaba.
3e14925cb7626b67c75a4d299788bfe0.png

He has earned a big fight next, someone in the top 5.

Smith is ranked #3, but still feels a bit unproven and suspect (as an elite LHW) to me.
This fight could get him a win over a proven veteran, perennial contender in Glover Teixeira, establishing himself even further as a top light heavyweight, for good.

Would be a fun match up where Smith brings an incredible 94% finish ratio, while Glover isn't far behind, with 83%.
2298e6b338063d879e47e2b76ae1d435.png

Both are black belts on the ground and very aggressive fighters on the feet.

Maybe at UFC 245, December 14.
Thoughts? Who wins?

I'm down for that.

2 guys that always scrap. But disagree on the event. Put them as a main event for a small show. 5 rounds.

stupid fight.

Glover - Shogun

Smith - Volkan
Stupid answer.
Smith vs Volkan already happened.

Shogun should fight someone outside the top 15. He is a can these days.

Glover vs Rakic

Smith vs. Jan/Jacare winner

Volkan vs. Weidman/Reyes winner

Anderson/Walker winner for next TS.

Give all this promising new blood shots at climbing the rankings over established veterans.

Glover vs Rakic

Give all this promising new blood shots at climbing the rankings over established veterans.
Glover just fought 3 young and upcoming guys (although Roberson is a MW), enough of having him fighting nothing but prospects man, Rakic can fight Oezdemir or the loser of Weidman/Reyes, idk

Yeah... I have respect for him. That is why I dont want to see him fight any decent guy.

Feed him cans.
Shogun is 4-1 in his last 5 and he's coming of a win
he's not a can by any means, even at the lowest point of his career
i'd still pick him against someone like Cirkunov, for example

Glover vs Rakic

I disagree. Both Jan and Reyes, assuming they win their respective fights, must be ahead of Anderson/Walker winner when it comes to the next TS.

I'm down for that.

2 guys that always scrap. But disagree on the event. Put them as a main event for a small show. 5 rounds.

Stupid answer.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5554-1404376885-20.gif

Shogun is 4-1 in his last 5 and he's coming of a win
he's not a can by any means, even at the lowest point of his career
i'd still pick him against someone like Cirkunov, for example
Yeah... and who has Shogun beat in those 4 fights?

Corey Anderson I guess but that fight was terrible and Corey should have won anyways.

Villante? Pedro? Ancient Nog? Before that what? Te Huna in 2013?
That is the level of fighters Shogun should be facing right now.

Glover just fought 3 young and upcoming guys (although Roberson is a MW), enough of having him fighting nothing but prospects man, Rakic can fight Oezdemir or the loser of Weidman/Reyes, idk

I don't want to be a dick but...none of those wins are all that impressive. You don't earn a top five win by subbing a MW on short notice after he rocks you. The division FINALLY has promising young blood, let him actually face one of these killers. If not Rakic, then Walker or Reyes.

My favourite Smith era was when he was just throwing rapid violent elbows at has been fighters. Glover might beat him though.

My favourite Smith era was when he was just throwing rapid violent elbows at has been fighters. Glover might beat him though.

Glover in his current form is not better than Volkan or Gus, and I dont think he's significantly better than current Shogun either.

Waste of a fight for both guys.

I'm down for that.

Stupid answer.

stupid reply yourself, "should" without any reason.

Yeah... and who has Shogun beat in those 4 fights?

Corey Anderson I guess but that fight was terrible and Corey should have won anyways.

Villante? Pedro? Ancient Nog? Before that what? Te Huna in 2013?
That is the level of fighters Shogun should be facing right now.
every Corey Anderson fight in which he doesn't get KO'd is terrible, i don't hold it against Shogun and neither should you IMO
as far as the decision is concerned, i'd have to watch it again but i remember Shogun dropping and hurting Anderson, so i guess by damage Shogun won, not a very memorable fight though

Pedro was ranked for some time and people thought highly of him going to the Latifi fight, so let's not act like he's an absolute can now, it was a good win by the legend in Shogun, specially after being hurt early on and coming back later
my point is, Shogun even at this point can be dangerous and crafty, not too be disrespected!

I disagree. Both Jan and Reyes, assuming they win their respective fights, must be ahead of Anderson/Walker winner when it comes to the next TS.

Reyes maybe, but not Jan. He would only be on a two fight winstreak over MWs coming off of losses.

Corey would have four good wins in a row and Walker would be a hype vehicle, especially if he manages to stop Anderson.

Back