Glover Teixeira - “With a great performance, I could be right there in a title challenge”

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

Glover is open to being a stand-in opponent for Blachowicz vs Adesanya but thinks a great performance could leap him to the title shot and he's not overlooking Thiago but thinks he will finish the fight.

Respect to Glover for still competing at a high level at age 41. But Father Time gets everyone, he's living on borrowed time right now. If Thiago is 100% healthy and back to fighting how he was before the injury, this one may not end well for Glover. 100% of his focus should be on Saturday.

Rumble won't be available until March/April at the earliest. I would also like to see him at heavyweight instead of a guy he knocked out easily.
Just give us jones vs Rumble at HW ufc.

Honestly the winner of this is getting screwed winner here should be fighting Jan. If Israel wins he's probably fighting Whittaker next so it's going to be forever for their shot.

Respect to Glover for still competing at a high level at age 41. But Father Time gets everyone, he's living on borrowed time right now. If Thiago is 100% healthy and back to fighting how he was before the injury, this one may not end well for Glover. 100% of his focus should be on Saturday.

I think this is why he needs to be impressive and show that he deserves the title shot ASAP. He’s seemingly found the fountain of youth and has looked the best he’s probably ever looked in his UFC career, but the more time that passes by, the less of a chance he has at winning the title...

There was a time years ago where Jim Miller looked almost unstoppable for 2 years, but he was never able to fight for the title during that run. Not long after he lost a step and could no longer perform at that level.

I’m going with Santos. I think we are going to see a new animal after his time off. Glover has had some good wins recently but overall he is in his decline, age doesn’t lie. He isn’t pre USADA Randy.

Adesanya is a pos why would they let him mcgregor his way to LHW strap over ze big lads

Glover has both never looked young and not aged a day in the past 10 years. Also, seems like a genuinely good dude. Even more so than others - Wonderboy seems a bit brainwashed, Whittaker is holding back and Stipe is just serious about his work, but a dudebro during off hours.

Glover looks so slow these days. I just cant picture him winning this fight. I think this may be leading to the end of the road for Teixeira.

I think this is why he needs to be impressive and show that he deserves the title shot ASAP. He’s seemingly found the fountain of youth and has looked the best he’s probably ever looked in his UFC career, but the more time that passes by, the less of a chance he has at winning the title...

There was a time years ago where Jim Miller looked almost unstoppable for 2 years, but he was never able to fight for the title during that run. Not long after he lost a step and could no longer perform at that level.
Agreed, this is his last shot at it. If he's ever gonna get another title shot, he needs a big W over Thiago on Saturday.

I disagree that this is the best he's ever looked in his UFC career though. When he first came into the UFC, he was an absolute killer. He entered the UFC on a 15 fight winning streak, and won his first 5 UFC fights with some impressive finishes over decent competition. A lot of people actually thought he had a shot vs Jon. His recent 4 fight win streak is nice but the competition hasn't been that great and he looks noticeably slower to me. He is the underdog vs Thiago and rightfully so, but I'm definitely not counting him out.

I think Santos wins by 2nd round stoppage....But Glover hits hard ...so anything can happen

Agreed, this is his last shot at it. If he's ever gonna get another title shot, he needs a big W over Thiago on Saturday.

I disagree that this is the best he's ever looked in his UFC career though. When he first came into the UFC, he was an absolute killer. He entered the UFC on a 15 fight winning streak, and won his first 5 UFC fights with some impressive finishes over decent competition. A lot of people actually thought he had a shot vs Jon. His recent 4 fight win streak is nice but the competition hasn't been that great and he looks noticeably slower to me. He is the underdog vs Thiago and rightfully so, but I'm definitely not counting him out.
100% agree with all this

Winner of Santos vs Glover should be for the TS

No more undeserved TS’s

People saying Rumble in the comments lol. Crumble needs to make his way up again, he hasn't fought in years

Back