Glover looked good last night

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When he said he's back I believe it. He looked rejuvenated and took out a decent contender. He used his fight IQ and showed his durability. I think he still has some gas left in the tank and can make another title run if he keeps up his current regime of training and conditioning.

I could care less, but only by a tiny little bit. He's not championship material.

When he said he's back I believe it. He looked rejuvenated and took out a decent contender. He used his fight IQ and showed his durability. I think he still has some gas left in the tank and can make another title run if he keeps up his current regime of training and conditioning.

“I can make excuses for the last fight. The thing is, the weight cut was horrible. I made the weight, but if it was any other guy – I mean, I’m the kind of guy (who’s) an old-school guy and I just go out there and fight. You know, I’m a fighter. The thing is, I believe like 50 percent of some fighters wouldn’t fight in the situation I was in last fight. It was a bad feeling the whole day, recovering. It was bad. It was a bad day.”

“I say I’m back because I trained so hard for this fight,” he said. “I’m in the best shape of my life.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/glover...uldnt-have-gone-through-with-my-previous-bout

So what do you guys think about "Good Day" Glover?

The thing about Glover is that he is slow.

He loses to the top guys for sure - Gus, AJ, DC all beat him imho.

I thought OSP had a decent chance too but Glover exposed the holes in his game big time.

Good win for Glover, I'm happy for him cause he seems to be a good guy on top of the fact that he is a great fighter.

I could care less, but only by a tiny little bit. He's not championship material.

I still think a fight between him and AJ would be entertaining. Really 205 is widw open class with JJ out of the picture.

I still think a fight between him and AJ would be entertaining. Really 205 is widw open class with JJ out of the picture.

That would be a good one.

I think Glover gives everyone a good fight except for Cormier & Jones. Hoping for the fight with Johnson/Manuwa winner next though.

The thing about Glover is that he is slow.

He loses to the top guys for sure - Gus, AJ, DC all beat him imho.

I thought OSP had a decent chance too but Glover exposed the holes in his game big time.

Good win for Glover, I'm happy for him cause he seems to be a good guy on top of the fact that he is a great fighter.

Dude was classy. Makes me like him even more.

Yeah he looked good. He had a good recovery after that liver shot.

OSP legs = his best weapon and he just stopped using them.

image.png

JJ >>>>>>>>>>> Cormier >>>>>> everyone else in the division.

thats because glover kept catching his kicks and taking him down

Real impressive win by Glover last night.

Glover's recovery from the first round was stellar. He also showcased his good wrestling and top game. Glover is definitely slowing down and is losing any athleticism he had as he ages, but skill wise he is quite diverse. I think he has good fights with just about everyone outside of Cormier and Jones.

Sad but true. DC grapple f*cks anybody in the division. Moving down was the best thing he ever did.

He doesn't grapplefuck Bones, probably doesn't Gus either. Rumble has shit grappling and always has.

Glover is something of a one trick pony standings (left/right hook, occasional headkick, legit power) but is a ground and pound beast. If he can get the fight to the ground his opponent is in for some hurt.

He doesn't grapplefuck Bones, probably doesn't Gus either. Rumble has shit grappling and always has.

I was agreeing with the previous post in how JJ was superior but as the division is now it's looking like he can walk and stall or take down anyone.

Glover's recovery from the first round was stellar. He also showcased his good wrestling and top game. Glover is definitely slowing down and is losing any athleticism he had as he ages, but skill wise he is quite diverse. I think he has good fights with just about everyone outside of Cormier and Jones.

I had forgotten about glovers wrestling.

Rumble did well against Davis who is one of the best grapplers in lhw. Rumble needs a better gas tank.

Yea after the 1st it was all glover, osp is a huge 205 my daughter told me last night during the fight he had a badonkey.

Back